Process Church Of Final Judgement

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, December 10, 2009, 11:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Got this little while ago. New on Feral House:

If something is "typical interest" in industrial music, I guess Process Church is one of them. Cult and their imagery jumps up to your face in many releases from the oldest ones till today. Cult is covered in media / publications in quite mysterious ways, but this is the first time that actual insider, basically 1st ever guy to join in and who stayed in for decades, is writing very detailed story from beginning.

Quote from: Feral House
The Process Church of the Final Judgment was the apocalyptic shadow side of the flower-powered '60s and perhaps the most notorious cult of modern times.
Scores of black-cloaked devotees swept the streets of New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Rome, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New Orleans and other cities selling magazines with titles like Sex, Fear, Love and Death.
The Process' no-holds-barred theology brought on accusations of sinister conspiracies.
Personalities like Marianne Faithfull, George Clinton and Mick Jagger participated in Process publications, and Funkadelic reproduced Process material in two of their albums.
Love Sex Fear Death — written by original Process Church member Timothy Wyllie — is the first book to provide the astonishing inside story of this fascinating group and the mysterious woman at its center. Included are contributions from six other former members and Genesis Breyer P-Orridge.
Included are never-before-seen photographs and reproductions from rare Process publications.

I have yet to finish the book completely, but already as it is, I could say this is the most essential reading. It may shatter many of the scadalous theories of past, but in other hand the actual look for groups practices and methods is partly very harsh reading.

I recall Aes Nihil is still distributing xerox copies of all the Process publications?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Strömkarlen

Yeah, he did and charged a fortune for them. I´ve been fascinated by the Process since I first read the small fragments that was published in original Apocalypse Culture. Later reading Stephen Sennit's pieces in Rapid Eye just increased my wish to get deeper into the whole mythos. I have the book at home and plan to read during Christmas. Really looking forward to it!

FreakAnimalFinland

Wasn't there also some of Process manifests in the PRIVATE EDITION booklets? Yet to get them, hint..
I don't remember when I read apocalypse culture, but know that it was so long time ago, I hardly remember what was in it.
There was Finnish hardcore guy who took one of the Process symbols tattooed in his hand, next to thumb & index finger, so it's always visible. He thought it was just Integrity (hc band) logo.

I have ordered plenty of things from Aes Nihil, but none of process stuff. Sometimes prices are rough, but often I see more value in pile of xeroxes than he asks for them.

Strömkarlen

...yes... lost some artwork for some tapes so they had to be redone from scrape... package goes out this week.

Short bits in the first one. I think it was quotes that Boyd Rice put together.

treebeard

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 10, 2009, 11:11:57 AM
I have yet to finish the book completely, but already as it is, I could say this is the most essential reading. It may shatter many of the scadalous theories of past, but in other hand the actual look for groups practices and methods is partly very harsh reading.

Did it discuss their beliefs in detail?  I've always been under the impression that it was just an updated version of gnosticism.  My curiosity about them only goes as far as their theology and how they came up with it.

Btw what do you mean by harsh reading? That it's boring and tedious (I could easily see that being the case...)? Or that it's disgusting?

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 10, 2009, 11:38:10 AM
There was Finnish hardcore guy who took one of the Process symbols tattooed in his hand, next to thumb & index finger, so it's always visible. He thought it was just Integrity (hc band) logo.

Oh man, that has to be embarrassing...

magnus

Damn, i remember that one member of Process church, and also the band Changes i believe, wrote about the history of the cult/church as a serial in a Industrial music magazine (in the 90s probably). Was at least a couple of articles covering history, beliefs etc. in some issues, now i can´t remember what magazine that can have been and it´s frustrating as fuck... anyone know?
From what i remember pretty interesting reading.

bitewerksMTB

Ajna released Process Church LP w/Parfrey n' others. I forgot the name of the project though. Came out a month or so back.

Strömkarlen

Quote from: magnus on August 12, 2010, 08:49:24 PM
Damn, i remember that one member of Process church, and also the band Changes i believe, wrote about the history of the cult/church as a serial in a Industrial music magazine (in the 90s probably). Was at least a couple of articles covering history, beliefs etc. in some issues, now i can´t remember what magazine that can have been and it´s frustrating as fuck... anyone know?
From what i remember pretty interesting reading.

The magazine was called Esoterra. Taylor was not a member though more of a hang-around.

magnus

Thanks, that´s the one, now i don´t have to wrestle the brain anymore! At times like these i kinda regret parting with so much old stuff....

ABISSO

yeah i love this book.
nice pics inside. very complete.

http://vimeo.com/6587408

Brad

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 10, 2009, 11:11:57 AM
If something is "typical interest" in industrial music, I guess Process Church is one of them.

Is it because the Process philosophy is highly relevant to industrial music, or just people following the interests of their idols?  I have not read the new Process book, though I was considering it. 

BVDP

Interesting indeed. I have a PDF file on my PC, some kind of 'eBook' with some writtings from the Process Church.
If anyone is interested let me know, I can post it here. It has 520 pages.

Nyodene D

oh man, Integrity did wonders for getting people into PCFJ.  I go to this bar occasionally near Stephen Petrus' house and there's all these 30-40 year old ex-hardcore guys with Process Church "crosstikas" all over them.  hilarious. 

bitewerksMTB

Here is info ont he Process book. Ajna is involved & info is from www.theajnaoffensive.com

PROPAGANDA AND HOLY WRIT OF THE PROCESS CHURCH OF THE FINAL JUDGEMENT. A hardback book published in conjunction with Feral House, ,being reprints of the Death, Fear and Sex issues of the impossible to find Process magazines and a contextural interview with Timothy Wyllie, one of the designers of the original magazines and early Process member. 208 pp. An edition of 1200 copies. Layout/design by Timo Ketola. The book will include information for downloading a reading of The Gods on War as orated by Lydia Lunch, Genesis Breyer P-Orridge, AdamParfrey and Timothy Wyllie. We're hoping for a Samhain release date.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 24, 2011, 09:25:40 PM
Here is info ont he Process book. Ajna is involved & info is from www.theajnaoffensive.com

PROPAGANDA AND HOLY WRIT OF THE PROCESS CHURCH OF THE FINAL JUDGEMENT. A hardback book published in conjunction with Feral House, ,being reprints of the Death, Fear and Sex issues of the impossible to find Process magazines and a contextural interview with Timothy Wyllie, one of the designers of the original magazines and early Process member. 208 pp. An edition of 1200 copies. Layout/design by Timo Ketola. The book will include information for downloading a reading of The Gods on War as orated by Lydia Lunch, Genesis Breyer P-Orridge, AdamParfrey and Timothy Wyllie. We're hoping for a Samhain release date.

Finally got this. Very nice, very professional. I didn't think it would be this big. It's full A4 size, mostly in full color! I think the story of the Process can be more interesting than their propaganda actually, but still interesting to read and pure visual excellency!