Richard Ramirez

Started by jangbi08, July 11, 2012, 04:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

I recall hearing a Black Leather Jesus track that was supposed to be for a bondage performance. Very interesting, it had a very closed-in breathing sound with a kind of ticking/thumping behind it that made one feel one was clamped up in a tight mask, unable to see properly. Would anyone know what album that was from?

Werewolf Jerusalem's "There Are Four Doors" is the first I heard from that project and one of the earlier "wall" albums I heard - still really like it and prefer to return to it for that kind of stark, minimal sound. But other WJ material I've heard just seems to stick too closely to the brief to be of further interest. I do like that the sounds are meant to be generated from old radios, though. Not that it makes that much of a difference in general, but it appeals to me.
Shikata ga nai.

Ashley Choke

Alchemy of the 20th Century Split was one of the first underground noise releases I heard. Still put it on quite often. An unreleased track from same session sounds interesting, the RR stuff on there is fantastic