PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

The Dark Session track is quite strong, but nothing on the tape falls bellow the very good/very enjoyable line, at least for me.

I listened to Vol. I so much when I got it that it's almost nostalgic for me, even if it just came out a few years ago...
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

influencing machine

Einstürzende Neubauten - Strategies Against Architecture II
MGLA - With Hearts Toward None
Antediluvian/Adversarial Split
Rainbow - Rising
Dio - Last in Line
Royal Trux - Singles, Live, and Unreleased
Z'ev - Headphone Music
Z'ev - Opus 3.1
Smell & Quim - A Sod's as Good...
Dog of the Lord - How Many Rows of Teeth
TNB/Putrefier - Schleifmittelbögen LP/CD
Descension - Live 1995
Ascension - LP
Total - Here, Time is Space

H.H*D.H

International Blast Fighter Compilation

7" Hardcore/crust punk compilation. First time listening so no comments really.

We Come In Peace - More world, less bank pt.2

Another 7" punk compilation. Good stuff, Kuolema performing the greatest song on the comp.

1997 - Damn The Control compilation

Best of the 7" compilation bunch. Totuus and disclose give best songs on the comp while all the others are about as good. Would recommend.

Grunt - Last Grip To Sanity

Really enjoyable record. A side is better than B side. Not my favourite Grunt though.

Ashmonger

Deterge - Substrate Catalyzation (C20, Strange Rules): While I remember there being some discussion about the track on the split with Pharmakon being Power Electronics or Harsh Noise, this is very clear on this tape, it's PE. While at first I preferred the harshness of the split track, as the tape continued I started to appreciate this tape more and more. The second track on the B-side is very good! Not Harsh at all, but rythmic Industrial/PE with Ambient qualities. Definately a very neat tape!

locustfurnace

REVENGE  "Scum.Collapse.Eradication"  MP3s
MZ.412 "In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas Luciferi Excelsi"  CD
MZ.412  "Burning The Temple Of God "  CD
EBOLA  "Incubation"  LP
DEATH GRIPS  "The Money Store"  MP3s
V/A "Destroy Power, Not People"  7"
V/A  "White Eye Of Winter Watching"  2xCASSETTE
THE GREY WOLVES  "Legion Of Hell"  CASSETTE
TOXIC TWO  "Rave Generator / Acid Flash"  12"
V/A  "Crimes" LP
TECHNOHEAD  "Headsex" 2xLP

acsenger

Philip Glass - Two Pages / Contrary Motion / Music In Fifths / Music In Similar Motion
Stark, austere yet beautiful minimalism from the late '60s.

Merzbow - Green Wheels and Merzphysics
The latter is a new 10 CD box set of unreleased material from 1993-1995 (mainly 1994). Heard the first 2 CDs so far, and they're great; harsh noise in the vein of releases of the time.

Univers Zero - Uzed
A few weaker tunes here and there, but overall still fantastic chamber rock (or whatever it's called) with a creepy and mysterious atmosphere.

Christian Vander - Les Cygnes Et Les Corbeaux
Solo album from Magma boss. Nothing like Magma, except that it also has a strange and absolutely unique atmosphere. Can't compare it to anything; there probably isn't anything like it anyway.

Oren Ambarchi - Intermission 2000-2008
Carefully constructed electronic tones, deep rumblings, gong-like sounds and so on, effectively arranged, with a great, warm atmosphere. There's brief singing in one of the songs which is terrible tough.

Ashmonger

Content Nullity - Scorn of Totality (C16, Audial Decimation Records): layout and red printed cassette look good. As for the music, this is less harsh than the Absolute Dread tape, but sounds absolutely bleak and oppressive! Just listened once yet, but it's recommended.

pentd

wow... univers zero + christian vander namedropped... serious stuff, mind boggles!!

ok heres my 0.02e:

tomas dimuzio - markoff process
das synthetische mischgewebe - casual praise of domestic calamities
the shaggs - cd w both albums
steve lacy - revenue
mk9 - discography 2cd
deterge/pharmakon -split 7

and the ones that play most in the last 3 weeks: jarkka rissanen - all 3 albums "tone hut" "tonal snacks" "sunday school head count"

lucky to be able to avoid radio shitlist music + any or all rock/pop structured around verses+choruses, good times!!

+finally saw enter the void, the soundtrack took me to great unexplored electroacoustic territory, many new things worth the immersion, chek it aout!!

FreakAnimalFinland

V/A AMERICANOISE 2xCD

ooohhh my god!!! If I was envious type of character, this could be something I envy, hehe. But luckily I'm simply super glad nice double disc edition, complete with brutal artwork got re-issued this well! If someone doesn't get annihilated by SKIN CRIME, ODE or such, they must be deaf to brutal harsh noise!
Also, not to mention one killer song title by Mother Savage: "I murdered my blonde bitch so she wouldn't fuck my nigger friends (Too many dumb black bitches on the jury mix)"  ahahah!!
1995 american noise crunch. This would work as one major definitive testaments of era. I won't let it bother than there are some stuff which is merely excerpts or edits. Strongly recommended to anyone: For great listening experience and some lessons to be learned for contemporary noise units.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 10, 2012, 10:10:56 PMV/A AMERICANOISE 2xCD
This would work as one major definitive testaments of era.

EDIT and here's why. Americanoise presents a certain vision of American noise, not as it is, but as it should be – that is, if your name is Joe Roemer. Thanks to Roemer's rather heavy-handed, crunch-laden, masterwork, the material is less representative of each contributing artist and more representative of what each contributing artist might sound like in Roemer's idealized vision of (North) American noise. Needless to say, you don't need to share that vision to appreciate its visionary aspirations, but Americanoise is very persuasive.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

P-K

IFOTS : tears royal lp ........ESSENTIAL i would say.......

FreakAnimalFinland

Americanoise has been getting more plays and I really recommend it. Highlights to me appear to be first track of Emil Beaulieau, Skin Crime, One Dark Eye, Daniel Menche, Mother Savage, Death Squad, Macronympha, Limacon, White Rose,.. ehm.. well it seems I listed just about everybody. I like the way how MSNP combined the "plain" harsh noise, but also roughest of the slightly more "PE" approach. Taint is less thick and bass heavy than many noisers, but undisputedly fierce and brutal. Death Squad "porcelain fuck machine" edit ends in middle of vocal part, which makes it quite irritating excerpt - considering how good it was getting.  etc... I'm sure I'll return for more in near days.

mk9 - discography 2cd
huh! It is very good! Death Squad ranks so high in my lists that it was always hard to really decide whether the stripped down version of mostly instrumental electronics gets to same level? It ain't competition, so yes, actually reminder of stuff which is already about 10 years old (time goes FAST!) clears recollections a bit.  It is most often high pitch dominated electronics with quite minimalistic approach. Yet, when really just sitting down, opening your ears, there is more. Almost 80 minutes playing time of first disc flies quick. Previously often 3"CDr, compilation of 7" vinyl formats were so short, it was hard to really sink into mood, yet now things are falling in their places. MK9 can be compared to later days Death Squad, with less samples/vocals.

Matthias

Such a nice reissue, the Americanoise 2xCD. First Emil Beaulieau track is one of my favorites, any other Emil stuff similar to this one? Never really bothered to check out more stuff from him, and what I've heard haven't been that similar at all.

FreakAnimalFinland

I think "Memories" CD is worth to get if you want to check out this type of blurry and heavily distorted walls, but it has also different stuff.
Although I worship all the Pure/RRR discs. Dedicated to Rupenus, Masami and kill all japanese CD's all essential.

FreakAnimalFinland

VANHALA / UMPIO / KERÄNEN
semi-live tape of the scandinavian tour last year. It is live recordings, but studio treated to the point at least some artists were cautious to call it "live" anymore. But real question is: is it good? YES! Each artist approaches their noise differently. Vanhala hypertension filter twisting harsh noise, Umpio metal junk crunch, Keränen high speed noise harshness. Good length, good sound. No complaints!

ARV & MILJÖ + LR "Påsk" tape
Hmm... so both bands are very good, yes. But together, based on this recording, dare I say even better? I recall it was A&M using LR sources, therefore LR's structures are removed, yet many of the sounds can be recognized. Especially on b-side you hear the distinctive "shaker" sound he has played live and used on album. Noise is very well build and shows that some of the stuff that could be vaguely categorized under "PE", gets even better when slightly "artsy" approach is applied for composition?

RUDOLF EB ER "meditations with a broomstick" CD
huh... this is one of the most intense starters for album. I'm sure the opening composition would be highly disturbing for anyone who don't know what to expect from R&G mastermind. For those who know his works, this continues the known path. Piano, animal sounds, human voices, weird toys/field recordings/noise, absurd timing & cutting methods. If some contemporary classical composers would have guts to reject majority of normal instruments and find the sounds elsewhere, I'm sure this is something what it could sound like. Too complex and too precise to call it "noise", yet the horror it generates is hardly possible to achieve with music. Essential.