PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEHPF

YAO 91404 D / Tchernoblyad - split tape
Not their best recordings. Still good for what it is. Outsider industrial?

Ashley C / LR - Endless Blossom - split tape
LR side is great, I didn't really like the later tapes as much.

White Boss - Trash tape
Minimal cut up noise. I like it.

Bleak Existence

The Rita - The Voyage Of The Decima MAS

FreakAnimalFinland

DEATHMAGAZINE 52  double LP
Harbinger
One side of funky rhythmic stuff. Slappy bass patterns, drums, sax, percussive elements. 23 Skidoo type of material most certainly! 3 following sides of vinyl is much more rough, mostly based on metal percussion. With name dropping of involvement of Dando or Best, might get this moving, but certainly keep in mind we're talking about authentic old school industrial. Not only retro stuff adapting the ugliest and fiercest elements of it. So certain charming warmth and clumsiness also present.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Matthias

Alfarmania - Skräcken CD (Autarkeia)
Full album from Sundsvalls finest, this time with only Kristian Olsson behind the scenes. It's Alfarmania at it's finest, slow-moving and claustrophobic industrial. Laidback and a bit stripped down in sound, this is at times somewhat reminiscent of KO's solo LP, but with the vocals and occasionally use of samples it's still Alfarmania more than anything else. It never quite gets into the full massive psychedelic mode of their notorious liveshows, but still capturing the eerie and strung out atmosphere which to me is the essence of Alfarmania. I know we are many who have been waiting anxiously for a "definite" Alfarmania release, yet not sure if this is the one but it's for sure a very good album. Bonus points for nods to both Eddie Meduza and Gudibrallan. True downer stuff. Beautifully packaged CD as well, this is how they should be done.

Niding - Plågor Tape (Posh Isolation)
Second Niding cassette, and this one I enjoyed much more than the first one. Weirdo music, there is healthy doses of both metal and folk in the mix, but this is certainly not folkmetal. More like obscure outsider postpunk. Some guitarparts reminds me of swedish WP rock, that classic patriotic sound you can't go wrong with. You can hear traces of both Street Drinkers (especially trademarked vocals) and Ättestupa, but I think this stands on it's own in a better way than the first release. Overall feeling kind of reminds me of Circle Of Ouroborus without ever reallly sounding like them, makes sense?

ghoulson

Thanks for the kind words Matthias! I can add that "Skräcken" is not a "definite" Alfarmania album - I recorded it live to tape last year and became satisfied with the outcome. I did a handful of cassettes and then decided to release it on CD through Autarkeia to get wider circulation.
Maybe before the end of the year there will be a full length studio album from Alfarmania. News on the "Farsot" album we recorded in 2007 - it will come out on tape instead through Lust Vessel.

Back to topic, my own playlist the recent days....

HALTHAN: I Am Your Enemy CD (F&V)
DEVIATION SOCIAL: From End To Beginning - Compilation Tracks 1982-85 LP (Dais)
KERÄNEN – Moon Over Torrelorca CD (Ljud & Bild Produktion)
INCAPACITANTS – Zashikiwarashi CD (Ljud & Bild Produktion)
SEX DWARF: demo (self-released)
THE FIRING SQUAD: Pig and Face tape (GBC)

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Caroliner Rainbow Hernia Milk Queen - Rear End Hernia Puppet Show (Box + LP)

Caroliner Rainbow Grace Blocks Used In The Placement Of The Personality - Rings On The Awkward Shad

Caroliner Rainbow Stewed Angel Skins - I'm Armed With Quarts Of Blood (LP)

Recently this project is one of the most interesting group in my private rank. I bought these releases and I am impressed after the first listening. Avantgarde music in the best issue. Packages and graphic designs of these releases are mind-blowing. Hats off.

FreakAnimalFinland

I think Caroliner covers are always handmade unique type? So covers of same release may differ, depending when you buy them?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 13, 2012, 05:43:38 PM
I think Caroliner covers are always handmade unique type? So covers of same release may differ, depending when you buy them?

Yes, exactly. I bought them several days ago but it were used. For example, one of these release has big parts of a real note book from a school (biology and genetics), and strange trash-objects. Anyway, music is fucking crazy. I think that they were closer to the DADA ideas and MERZBILD concept than Masami AKITA.

bitewerksMTB

The Caroliner LPs are all pretty interesting. Sold'em all but there's some really weird, creepy sounds on'em. I was less interested after I saw photos & read stuff online by one of the members..

Listening to: "Grim Conditions" by MANIA; brand-spanking new 19 minutes of whaterverthefuck.

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on June 13, 2012, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 13, 2012, 05:43:38 PM

Yes, exactly. I bought them several days ago but it were used. For example, one of these release has big parts of a real note book from a school (biology and genetics), and strange trash-objects. Anyway, music is fucking crazy. I think that they were closer to the DADA ideas and MERZBILD concept than Masami AKITA.

My copy of the Rear-End Hernia Puppet Show box had some kind of smelly decaying confectionery in it. Heard about one with chopped onions inside black stockings in there.

Bleak Existence

Sewer Election - kassettmusik

ConcreteMascara

V/A - NORDÖSTRA MALMÖ (Cassette) - further proof of Swedish supremacy when it comes to depressing noisy industrial sounds.

V/A - Port Out, Starboard Home (2xCassette) - Able to get this through discogs and very happy I did. Especially enjoying the 2nd tape. I haven't heard anything else from P.I. since their first batch of tapes in 2009, but after hearing this I'm definitely interested in hearing more of the recent releases.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Matthias

Jason Crumer - Let There Be Crumer CD (Second Layer)
Close to mind-blowing stuff. Dense!

Altar Of Flies - Let The New Life Rise... CD (Hästen & Korset)
Extended cd-version of the cassette release from last year, the full recording is sandwiched between two new tracks so the overall feeling is kind of new. The cassette was one of my favorite releases of 2011, and the cd-format suits it well, there is a nice clarity to the sound which I think highlights some of the parts in a different way this time around. Of all AOF releases, this may very well be the crown jewel. Can't recommend this one enough! Currently destroying pretty much all Scandinavian competition imo.

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Matthias on June 15, 2012, 10:34:47 AMAltar Of Flies - Let The New Life Rise... CD (Hästen & Korset)
[...] Currently destroying pretty much all Scandinavian competition imo.

Agreed! Cannot recommend this enough.

RyanWreck

Caligula031 - Slavetrade 2000 (Filth & Violence, 2012) - I'm going to give this one a full review so I don't want to say much here. It's well structure Power Electronics that utilizes a good amount of sounds and gear but it still sounds somewhat minimal and old, as if some artist from Broken Flag in the 80's had access to the gear and used it. The vocals are very commanding in most tracks and junk/metal abuse is used only at the appropriate times and he doesn't go crazy with it. The whole of the album is not as lo-fi as the first cassette but still raw and harsh. This one comes highly recommended.

Le Syndicat  - Rectal Struggle (Broken Flag, 1985) - Fucking great! "Rectal Struggle" is my favorite Broken Flag release (I know that is a bold statement) and definitely my favorite LS tape (I can't stand his more rhythmic crap and symphony cuts). Everything that I like about old, dirty Power Electronics is present on this one and drawn out for 60 minutes. Synths, tape manipulation, pause button samples, echoing vocal attacks, etc. all of it grainy and raw, but not harsh.