"Survival Unit - Murder For The Mission" Question?

Started by Ashley Choke, March 11, 2010, 12:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley Choke

I recently got a bunch of tapes from and old friend who lost interest in PE/Noise music

One of the tapes is Survival Unit - Murder For The Mission and now comes my question. The tape enclosed inside is spraypainted green/pink and contains the following quote : you get strung out on something, and then when you're on a bender for three days doing crack cocaine, the only thing that might get your dick hard is a couple of transsexual hookers and some heroin, you know? the music itself is more harsh noise than PE with no vocals and two long tracks compared to the ten listed on Discogs and in the booklet, so what tape do i actually have here? any shots? I'm not to familiar with SU before hand so I'm pretty confused to whatever this is the actual release or not...

Klaus

Ritual

I have no idea what tape you've actually got, but it does not appear to be Murder For The Mission at least. This tape is crude but fairly straightforward PE (with vocals).

Ashley Choke

That was my impression also!

Hmm thats really strange. As my friend had an empty envelope cover for BLJ "Pussy Boy" lying around that was my best guess. But both him and Discogs says that that release was an CDr

The qoute would have made sense thou

manuel-ronf

well you already know this isn't "Murder For the Mission", but curiously I broadcasted two tracks of that release on my latest radio show you can download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wxqamgjmz1w
well you gotta go through the full show which is quite long but if you want to have a listen on it that's it,
this is the playlist by the way:

PART 1 - JUAN PARERA : new music, free & new jazz, composition...
Normand Guilbeault Ensemble – Hommage À Mingus Live At Upstairs – Ambiances Magnitiques
Led Bib – Sensible Shoes – Cuneiform
Positive Catastrophe – Garabatos Volume One – Cuneiform
The Ed Palermo Big Band – Eddy Loves Frank – Cuneiform
Planeta Imaginario – Biomasa - Cuneiform

PART 2 - CURTIS : digitalismo, música experimental, computer music, electroacústica...
Victor Cerullo - Visions - Electroshock
Amorphus Androgynous - Tales Of Ephedrina - Astralwerks
Most Significant Beat / Dosezero - Control Remoto - Geometrik
Busy Topic - All Spec Leit - Komplott
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon - Virgin

PART 3 - MANUEL: noise, industrial, dark ambient, power electronics, drone ...
Praying For Oblivion - The Cruelest Animal - Apocalyptic Radio
Mixturizer - Masoquistauditivo - Tosom
Cornucopia - Balance Of Power - Ruido Horrible
Survival Unit - Murder For The Mission - Autarkeia
Last Rape - Maimed Left Arm - Turgid Animal

alpharmania

sounds like situation I would enjoy, but it isn't murder for the mission tape... more likely black leather jesus. I have my tape in studio so I can't check. maybe karla from vemod is lurking somewhere on board and can clear this out.

Vemod

all SU tapes are in black with no labels, some are spraypainted in metallic grey.