PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-K

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on August 26, 2011, 09:19:05 PM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on August 26, 2011, 07:52:18 PM
Aphex Twin - Classics CD
Aphex Twin - Analogue Bubblebath 1 EP

Those two are good. For anyone wanting to discover AT I recommend the earlier stuff. The later, for all it's technical (programming) brilliance has not stood the test of time. The comparison with Autechre is unavoidable perhaps but IMO they are miles ahead of any AT. Even at his best they leave him in a cloud of dust.

not to forget : Polygon Window !

Ashley Choke

QuoteAphex Twin

IMO the best: Selected Ambient Works I+II , Classics and Polygon Window. The more recent "technical" stuff doesn't quite do it for me either. The Analord series was a welcomed return to the acid sounds of the past. Regarding Autechre I certainly enjoy Amber and the other earlier works the most. Last couple of albums from them I heard was total wank.

GEWALTMONOPOL

I missed out on PW and by the time his Analord series happened I had bailed out after one too many drum'n'bass/jazz/drumloop cut up in a million ways wank album. On second thought, his melodic stuff and more ambient stuff which could still be found on later releases is actually quite lush.

Last Autechre I heard was Untilted which I didn't particularly like. It wouldn't surprise me if they've long run out of steam and ideas by now. I saw Andrea Parker DJ before a couple of Warp artists in 2003. Andrea was great as always but the artists playing "live" were lame. It hit me there and then that the genre had lost its balls and needed a rocket up it's arse.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Zeno Marx

Militia - Everything is One 2005 - hadn't heard any Militia since The Black Flag Hoisted - the beauty and consistent quality of this album is really surprising; the shimmering beauty more so - wish it was easier to dig into their back catalogue - interested is piqued - one of those albums I'll be careful not to play too much and save for when I can really concentrate along with it.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

STREETMEAT

mania side of split lp
Deathpile – Final Confession

Levas

For years I was curious how would Propergol – Ground Proximity Warning System sound while on plane and a couple of days ago finally succeeded to listen to it. And I'd say it's truly interesting experience. Feeling is quite uncomfortable when flying through massive clouds and it's impossible to see anything and the plane gets into an air pocket (or however it is called) and so on and so on. The real hum of aircraft engines and stewardesses announcing something added their own layers to the whole picture. Truly good album and good conception.

bitewerksMTB

MANIA/CUSTODIAN split online- can't wait to get this sucker inhand!
Noothgrush "erode the person" d/l
Ares Kingdom "return to dust" LP
Voivod "war and pain" LP

Ashmonger

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on August 23, 2011, 04:29:40 AMKNELT ROTE- pretty killer grindcore with bestial metal elements and noise.
Just listened to two songs that were available for download. Made me want to punch my coworkers on the nose for no reason, which is always a good sign!

Bleak Existence

their lyrics and sound is A1

FreakAnimalFinland

MARU-X "song against a-ki" tape
1992 Japanese project. On Seed Records, with long synth tracks, each 20+ min. Compared with easier side of CCCC, Club Skull, etc. Once in a while you got the more "vintage electronics" sounds, yet most of all it's oscillating non-bassy synth. Good stuff, although not so memorable.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

XE

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on August 29, 2011, 01:15:53 AM

Voivod "war and pain" LP

Just traded my "Dimension Hatröss"LP for a friend against small video projector..  slightly regret it allready

GREY WOLVES "Zero Tolerance" 7" very good!
SLOGUN "Let Me Tell Y How"LP must be best SLOGUN release. Nice surprice - didnt even remember I got this one!
LANDSER"das reich kommt wieder"CD So clumsy so fucking good!!!!!
CELTIC WARRIOR"We Will Never Forget" CD
CELTIC WARRIOR"Let The Battle Begin" CD Have had these throught tape trading  early 90s now on CD sounds great! full of hits! Classic!
btw CF`s "White Eagle" beginning sounds like a start of "Temple Of Love" by SISTERS OF MERCY...
BRUTAL ATTACK"Steel Rolling On" CD ..you decieved me pt.1 and pt.2 hah!
MISTREAT/BOUND FOR GLORY Beer Bottles & Hockey Sticks CD  partly great! Metal-ish parts do nothing for me.

Bereft

This weeks:
Ethnic cleansing: Hail aids.  It's interesting to hear grind/crusty stuff that isn't super ultra liberal.

White pride: peace my ass.  Raw and fun, and mildly offensive. Pretty sure they where joking as well ...:)

Militia  Kingdom Of our lord mcd. To my ears, arguably one of the best martial industrial recordings out there...

Tenebracid

Con-Dom - All in good faith
Rozz Williams - The whorse's mouth
Rodger Stella - Kosmische dub
Raven Dark - Ruler's age

Levas

Werewolf Jerusalem – Confessions Of A Sex Maniac

Very nice album indeed. Enjoying these discs the whole evening.

andy vomit

Quote from: Bereft on August 30, 2011, 10:43:47 PM
This weeks:
Ethnic cleansing: Hail aids.  It's interesting to hear grind/crusty stuff that isn't super ultra liberal.

White pride: peace my ass.  Raw and fun, and mildly offensive. Pretty sure they where joking as well ...:)

Militia  Kingdom Of our lord mcd. To my ears, arguably one of the best martial industrial recordings out there...

interesting combination, hahahaha
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com