Our Interests, central or marginal to the whole of Industrial culture?

Started by Brad, February 17, 2013, 07:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat93

Quote from: Brad on February 22, 2013, 05:46:21 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 22, 2013, 03:28:00 PM
Wave-Gotik-Treffen has had all sorts of Tesco/CMI and possibly Cold Spring bands before, just about every year, right? I don't think it's big surprise.

(Checks past lineups) Yep, you're totally right.  Still, I think these mixed-scene festivals that seem ordinary to you are basically a European phenomenon, the industrial festival lineups are usually more segregated in North America (or Canada, at least).  Terminus finished posting their lineup yesterday with no token noise/PE band to be seen.  I'm not sure if that's due to the festival promoters having different attitudes about what music goes together, or simply the economics of European festivals being able to draw bigger crowds.

In Europe the Line Up is made by the Organisation's Personal Taste. WGT is a good example for that, since they use to take Neofolk every Year into it and get bashed every Year for that. Some Years where really afwul Media Press from Antifa about that and they got active on the WGT themselfes.
But for the WGT in generell, it is not a normal Festival, it is all over Leipzig and you can see it better as Weekend with a fucking lot of Partys/Concerts instead of one Festival.Between Agra Halls and the Bar "Der Anker" (where Tesco/Loki where in the Past) are nearly 12Km distance.

horse worship

There use to be a music store in Seattle called Musikwerks (might have misspelled), which is now closed, but for years carried all of the crap rivet but also was also pretty much the only shop in Seattle that carried Whitehouse, SJ, Tesco stuff, Death In June, etc. etc.
Not exactly sure what my point is other than that older goths were/are probably more into both sides of the coin.