Kenji Siratori

Started by Yrjö-Koskinen, May 05, 2016, 09:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrjö-Koskinen

In the mid 2000s I was asked, as was every other living thing on God's green earth, to collaborate with Kenji Siratori. I chose not to, for reasons which may or may not be obvious. I now note that he is mentioned in some places without the mandatory swears which usually accompanied his name ten years ago. Is there a reason for this? I also note that he is still very much active, though his musical career seems to be on hold. On his official blog he keeps gracing the world with his presence, however, "bombarding the internet with wave upon wave of highly experimental, uncompromising, progressive, intense prose". Perhaps it is preferable to bombard the internet with prose than noise/industrial musicians with requests for collaborations.

I really have just one question: did his prolific collaborating produce anything of value? As the tone of my message above might indicate, I was a bit put off by the whole thing. Accordingly, I never bothered to check out any of his stuff. A quick browse around on Youtube doesn't quite make me regret that decision, but I'm still a bit curious. Are there any Kenji Siratori collaboration highlights out there?

Also, since it seems he has no thread, I suppose any other comments about his music might fit here as well.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

ANDROPHILIA

i remember this mega release with Nordvargr+BSE+Kenji with a book of Siratori himself.
i think is the only thing that I kept with this guy in the credits.

https://www.discogs.com/Henrik-Nordvargr-Bj%C3%B6rkk--Beyond-Sensory-Experience-vs-Kenji-Siratori-Hypergenome666/master/23803

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

holy ghost

I have the "Morgue" CD from a while back. I believe it's on Small Doses. I remember it being pretty cool.

That is the absolute extent I'm able to contribute to this discussion.

andy vomit

he contacted me via myspace years and years ago.. i think i agreed to work with him, likely because my project was in its infancy and i was willing to work with pretty much anyone to try and gain "exposure," but nothing ever ended up happening.  i'm sure that's for the best.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Mieczko K.

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on May 05, 2016, 09:37:00 PM
i remember this mega release with Nordvargr+BSE+Kenji with a book of Siratori himself.
i think is the only thing that I kept with this guy in the credits.

https://www.discogs.com/Henrik-Nordvargr-Bj%C3%B6rkk--Beyond-Sensory-Experience-vs-Kenji-Siratori-Hypergenome666/master/23803

Absoloutly mandatory release, one of the best Dark Ambient release ever made, period.

He made some reallt good solo release such as Archaic Sky, Humanexit, and all his 10xCDs compilations.

And some really good collaborations with Satanismo Calibro 9, Dead Man's Hill (both)

On a side note :
1/ If somebody has some Siratori material for fair prices, please contact me.
2/ If somebody has a valid & recent contact for Mr Siratori, I'm highly interested in that.

Leatherface

Richard Ramirez discover a collaboration with this ultra prolific cdr maker, but never collaborate with him...pure fake release.
I read somewhere times ago that Ramirez was not the only one in that case.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Mieczko K. on May 07, 2016, 08:21:18 PM
He made some reallt good solo release such as Archaic Sky, Humanexit, and all his 10xCDs compilations.
Christ you confirmed my theory that he has redeemed himself in some quarters (or perhaps he was always popular?). I won't be getting "all his 10xCDs compilations" anytime soon, but thanks for the input.

2/ If somebody has a valid & recent contact for Mr Siratori, I'm highly interested in that.
There I can help you. What may come of this, I don't know, but:
https://www.blogger.com/profile/00751777556993034241

Mieczko K.

Quote from: Stoa on May 08, 2016, 12:35:50 AM
Christ you confirmed my theory that he has redeemed himself in some quarters (or perhaps he was always popular?).

Nah, I think I'm the only one.

Quote from: Stoa on May 08, 2016, 12:35:50 AM
There I can help you. What may come of this, I don't know, but:
https://www.blogger.com/profile/00751777556993034241

Alreay tried, sadly.

Leatherface

You can find Kenji Siratori without problem on Facebook.
He have a personal active account.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Leatherface on May 09, 2016, 12:18:28 AM

The whole notion of "finding Kenji Siratori" is all so new and exciting to me. I feel like I fell asleep 2009 and woke up in a world of flying cars and computer toilets.

Mieczko K.

Quote from: Leatherface on May 09, 2016, 12:18:28 AM
He have a personal active account.

Already tried through a friend account. He doesn't answer.

Galactic Plagve

The collaborations with Andrew Liles and Nordvargr / BSE were really good. There was also a solo release of his which I enjoyed but can't remember the name of it.

I'd be interested to hear what people think of his prose. Read 'Blood Electric' a few years ago and aside from having some good imagery it really didn't do anything for me; I really wanted to like it, but just could not engage with it - the lack of a (conspicuously) cohesive narrative being the main factor for this.

Bloated Slutbag

Did a live collab set with him once, set up by a friend with no real interest in noise. Fairly trendy space in Tokyo. As the event was non noise related I didn't bother to mention it to a single noise-oriented person in the vicinity, even those who lived literally down the block. Shiratori showed up in suit and tie, his wife in full-on kimono, played very straight wall-like analog noise against my own shit. Thought we were pretty solid. Shiratori was living way the hell out of Tokyo, was very soft spoken and could speak barely a word of English. We performed separately sometime later at another event set up by the same friend (again only vaguely noise related, unless you'd call crawling around in a diaper whilst getting whipped and ordered to do self-demeaning things by the lovely Kunt noise related...) This time Shiratori did laptop-based scritchety scree. Wasn't all that bad, maybe, but the sound system was complete shit so hard to assess. I have a few cdrs, also featuring that same friend, only gave them a cursory run through, which is about all they'll ever get. I definitely love the fact that he exists, just for the pleasure of the possibility of legitimizing the fearless shitting on the English language...
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag