PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krigsverk

Umpio - Molesterol

Shorter tracks and lots of variation, an album that is never boring. Works both as a focused listening or as background noise. Some tracks makes you wonder what the hell is being used to produce the sound, love that aspect.

piisti

Quote from: Krigsverk on January 04, 2024, 06:34:32 AMUmpio - Molesterol

Shorter tracks and lots of variation, an album that is never boring. Works both as a focused listening or as background noise. Some tracks makes you wonder what the hell is being used to produce the sound, love that aspect.

Link is not related this specific album ,but sometimes especially Kartio sounds reminds me this;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Ior5Ze5I8&pp=ygUJU2ltcHB1amVu

Stipsi

merzbow: flare gun
I took a spin via YouTube while i was working out at the gym and i forgot how good was this 12". Classic merzbow 90s style but not pushed in the red.
Will take a proper listen in the next days
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

absurdexposition

Quote from: Stipsi on January 07, 2024, 09:43:43 PMmerzbow: flare gun
I took a spin via YouTube while i was working out at the gym and i forgot how good was this 12". Classic merzbow 90s style but not pushed in the red.
Will take a proper listen in the next days

Excellent Merz right there.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Apes Clog Snag

Anomali - Nitya-baddha 10" (Hypnagogia)

Extremely shrill and harsh to listen faulty hum combined with radio/tv sound collage that goes on for the A side. Some borrowed Richard Rupenus junk sounds towards the end. B-side is way less noisy. A collage of field recording, tape manipulation of small sounds, religious music and what not. Could mistake it for Yeast Culture maybe. Keep coming back to this and always being surprised how grating that broken hum is. Not to mention that the second side is pretty much just ear candy. One of my favorite things I've picked up just for the cheapness and not knowing what or who it is.

Stipsi

Blod – My Beloved Daughters

I listen many times this record online and i always thought it was great.
There's only one problem:  Short tracks in harsh noise aren't my cup of tea.
Finally i bought a copy and still have the same thoughts.
Great noise but the format of short tracks aren't still my cup of tea, because once you start going into it, they cut up
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

MT

Pain Appendix - Manuhypnoz CD

Pain Appendix seem to have taken giant leaps! Manuhypnoz consists mostly of scrap metal sounds, that are well thought out and composed even. The sound doesn't have a annoying room sound, but an aural sense of their own. At times it is nearly acoustic and at times it comes with that sweet distortion, just enough. Not too little and not too much, ripples and rips through the sonic scenery. There's also tasty moments of bassy synth visiting, very shortly but makes a strong effect at least for me. Especially the first two tracks on the CD are insanely good. It's January, and I am already 90% sure to declare this as album of the year. As cherry on top the of the cake, Emmanuel Bonini master makes a brilliant last touch to make this CD sound ridiculously good.

H.Ö.H - s/t CD
There's broken tape noise and then there's HÖH, which takes the whole genre to it's own territory. This is a collection of early HÖH tapes, and it is so broken, mangled up, unable to proceed. Many have tried this genre, some do very good recordings but this is the level I truly enjoy. Where it nearly sounds like the tape deck is just jammed up and someone is trying to salvage the tape out of it by carefully pulling it out to not to break it. There's the warm and immediate tape sound, I don't know if any mastering was even done. Later HÖH recordings are definately good, but these early ones are for me absolutely his best work.

HateSermon

Quote from: MT on January 15, 2024, 05:40:15 PMThere's also tasty moments of bassy synth visiting, very shortly but makes a strong effect at least for me. Especially the first two tracks on the CD are insanely good.

Yeah that synth action at the beginning of track 2 was definitely an "oh shit" moment.

Stipsi

Paysage d'hiver: winterkalte
My favourite album from PdH.
Atmospheric black metal at its finest.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

Stipsi

Merzbow: Metalvelodrome (4xcd, Urashima reissue).
The 1st track of disk two have a bug?
Starts extremely loud, everything in red, and then after some minutes the volume "calm down".
It's only my copy or someone notice that?
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

MkB

No idea why but Schloss Tegal never really clicked with me until recently. I heard them many years ago but for whatever reason I dismissed them.
I'm slowly going through the albums that are available on bandcamp and really enjoying them.

So far:
Musick from Madness
The Grand Guignol
Oranur III
and the Neoterrick Research compilation.

Also, I've been playing the original soundtracks from Halloween II(1981) and Halloween III recently. No specific reason other than I love them.

Bandcamp collection - https://bandcamp.com/m-bryce

Cranial Blast

Quote from: Stipsi on January 18, 2024, 06:40:55 PMMerzbow: Metalvelodrome (4xcd, Urashima reissue).
The 1st track of disk two have a bug?
Starts extremely loud, everything in red, and then after some minutes the volume "calm down".
It's only my copy or someone notice that?

If I can locate it and dig it out of my dungeon/closet of CD's and tapes. I'll give my copy a try and see. Unfortunately I don't feel so positive about finding it so easy.

piisti

Speaking of Urashina 4xCD reissues;have you noticed Mauthausen Orchestra - First essays:...at least one of those four cd's audio comes out only second channel? Left or right, I don't remember cause I sold my box away because of that problem. Could not handle mistakes like that...

Stipsi

I didn't have the 4xcd of MO, but it's not the first time I've heard someone complaining about urashima.
Honestly the mistake i noticed on merzbow metalvelodrome is the first one from the label.
The other releases i have don't have any problems
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

piisti

Glad to hear that. I have some of those, mostly vinyl records and everything else has been fine.