PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashmonger

Exsanguinate / La Infame Turba De Nocturnas Aves – Allegory Of Death (CD, Misanthrope Studio): Glad I got this through RRRs super sale. Exsanguinate is a project of Thomas Garrison and you can clearly hear this. The sound just reminds of Control. Basically this is more atmospheric, no vocals, structure of the compositions reminds me more of Ambient than Industrial or Power Electronics. Exsanguinate is really good. The other project is weird, also some ambient pieces, then more noise-alike parts, sounds like 'a bit of everything'. Some good sounds, some they could have rather skipped. Don't know what to think of it...

Total Gape (C60, Negation is Freedom): Interesting compilation! Things I think of right now are the Bereft track, which is good, but sounded less loud than the other stuff, vocals might also have been a bit more upfront. White Heterosexuals was good as well, first track I heard from them. While listening to the B-side, I lost attention, but this was more due to the fact that I was doing other stuff. This comp will play again.

NNERVES

Werkbund – 'Aquis Submersus'
Brume - 'Battery Hens Sabotage'
Clock DVA - 'Sign'
Ultra – 'Spray/Death/Ultra'

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: P-K on September 24, 2011, 09:52:45 AM
Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on September 22, 2011, 05:33:46 PMWhat the fuck is an analogue sampler?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellotron
or even
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optigan

:-D

Mainly used by Britpop fags who want to sound like The Beatles. Not so common in industrial/noise whatever.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

HONOR_IS_KING!

Nyodene D - Every Knee Shall Bow

Its incredible to finally hear this on cd. Fucking massive.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

Nyodene D

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on September 26, 2011, 02:55:14 PM
Quote from: P-K on September 24, 2011, 09:52:45 AM
Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on September 22, 2011, 05:33:46 PMWhat the fuck is an analogue sampler?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellotron
or even
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optigan

:-D

Mainly used by Britpop fags who want to sound like The Beatles. Not so common in industrial/noise whatever.

I love mellotrons... I use samples lifted from them (strings, choir) in a lot of my dark ambient / death industrial stuff.

Ashmonger

Noise Propaganda volume 3 (C60, Corrosive Arts Records): Very interesting compilation tape, some acts I knew and liked, some others I wanted to hear, such as Haare, which is good! (Funny to read something as Destroy Fascism, Love Forever in a noise/pe comp though, hehe... Different kind of slogan than used by most acts.) Shift track sounded rawer than other stuff I heard from him (Sick Seed split and Morose tape), liked this better. Sick Seed track is nice as well, and charming of course, really charming, haha. Diutesc is good at first, but gets a bit tedious near the end. (Oh, and btw, if anybody could transcribe me his text in the booklet, that would be very welcomed, can't get all the runes deciphered.)
Overall, a nice mix of pe and noise, makes me think about the Tied to an Abuse comp, but maybe that's also because both share some artists.

implicitruin

Militia "New European Order", 3xLP (Praxis Dr. Bearmann)
The giant of percussive industrial. First time I listened to this group. Needs more listening sessions, of course, but the most memorable track was without doubt "Maschinenzimmer".
If you enjoy other acts that use percussive elements, you can clearly hear were some influences come from.

Vivenza "Réalité de l'Automation Directe", LP (Rotorelief)
Is this recording (side A) completely comprised of recordings of machines, or is the rhythmic buzzing that continues throughout the track coming from a synth?
Nonetheless, always curious about sound sources when it comes to Vivenza. Quite a sombre track this one, industrial to the core, albeit not as mechanical sounding
as other tracks, like the one on side B or say "Prolétariat & Industrie". Side B is more hard-hitting, a continuous mechanical rhythm and other machinal sounds layered
in the background. Definitely the best side of this LP, which generally feels more stripped down than other works by Vivenza.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

LAIBACH - "Gesamtkunstwerk - Dokument 81-86" Vinyl-on-demand
One of the greatest issue ever. Hats off!!!

HERMANN NITSCH - "Die Geburt Des Dionysos Christos" Vinyl-on-demand
Beautiful..

RyanWreck

Today:

Craow - The Difference Between Days (Corpse Without Soul, 2011) - Could be compared to Countrepoison or Marching Church; somewhat melodic yet still noisy, murky synth-pop with a definite downer vibe. So if you like Marching Church, Countrepoison, War (Denmark), Lust For Youth, etc. I would highly suggest this tape.

...and Absurd - Facta Loquuntue which was one of the very first reviews I did for The Pure Stench...

http://purestench.blogspot.com/2010/10/review-03-absurd-facta-loquuntur.html

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on September 27, 2011, 07:40:21 PM

How is the audio material? I remember revisiting the Ljubljana-Zagreb-Beograd CD on Mute last year and it was not a fully satisfactory listen. If it is more in the vein of the first 12" on LAYLAH and the first LP then it could be something.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on September 27, 2011, 10:24:42 PM
Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on September 27, 2011, 07:40:21 PM

How is the audio material? I remember revisiting the Ljubljana-Zagreb-Beograd CD on Mute last year and it was not a fully satisfactory listen. If it is more in the vein of the first 12" on LAYLAH and the first LP then it could be something.

In my opinion very interesting. There are some material (from 1981-1982 studio sessions) that I listened the first time or recordings (for example "Vade Retro") in different versions. Besides, I think that mastering is very good for all recordings, for DVD material too (very good condition material from one of the first live show, with Tomas HOSTNIK).

mevsocsci

All the new VoD sets are superb but the Laibach and Tazartes sets are just outstanding. Gonna play the Grim set again right now.

Looking forward to the Clock DVA and John Duncan sets later on this year.

Ashley Choke

QuoteTazartes

Did this guy have a comeback overnight or have I just not been paying attention. Since I picked up the Diasporas reissue on Dais a couple of months ago his name has been popping up everywhere on "highprofile" labels, gigs whatever. Well deserved, mind you. Yet to hear a release equaling aforementioned LP even if the one with the long french title I got recommended on here is a close second.

heretogo

Quote from: AC on September 28, 2011, 01:12:38 AM
Did this guy have a comeback overnight or have I just not been paying attention.

I'd say the comback started 3 or 4 years ago. But you're right, he's picking up speed recently with more & more gigs and recordings. The first couple of "comeback" CDs (Hystérie Off Music & Jeanne) were not that great but the more recent ones are pretty awesome. Especially the one on PAN (Repas Froid)! It's a reworking of material previously released on CD, a release I didn't care too much for at the time, but the LP sounds excellent.

mevsocsci

The Pan lp is excellent. Like the Granny Awards album on Alga Marghen from earlier this year as well.

You're right though. At the end of this year when I look back over the year his name is gonna feature heavily!