PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

st1z

Autechre & The Hafler Trio – ah³eo & ha³oe (ae3o3) [Die Stadt + Simply Superior]
Third part in the collaborations between Autechre and Hafler Trio, this time presented as a 2xDVD featuring nearly 4 hours of audio in 5.1 surround sound (in both Dolby Digital and DTS).
Like the two previous parts, the sound here is much closer to The Hafler Trio than Autechre. Meaning you get 'experimental' drones and not beats, although there is a section of the 2nd disc that is kinda rhythmical.
It's easily the best of the collaborations. Especially the 2nd disc is great, and in my opinion among McKenzie's best work to date.
All in all a highly recommended release.

bitewerksMTB

ASHLEY C cd on Industrial Recollections; good stuff, not what i expected (more electronic-oriented)
COIL black antlers
TAINT/GRUNT schoolyard bruises cd; loud as hell. Grunt's work is very crunchy. hadn't heard the collab in a really long time; i like that it's seperate 'songs' put together & i hear almost nothing that sounds like my sounds. i have copies for sale/trade for those in the US/Canada, drop me a line or check my blog

ConcreteMascara

Will Over Matter - Lust For Knowledge CD - I don't know I'd say this is the best WOM yet, but certainly the most focused and cohesive album. There's a nice back and forth between the more abstract tracks and the more rhythmic, groovy ones. An extremely clean sound too. Each listen reveals new details.

Knut - Challenger CD - great Swiss metallic hardcore with a brutal, caustic guitar tone. Hadn't listened to this in a long while but it's just as heavy as I remember. Nice mix of fast/sludge/acoustic/mid paced stuff.

Lust For Youth - Solar Flare cassette - very relaxing in the evening

Hakobune - Trace CD, Shadow on the Lawn CD-r - really lush treated guitar and drone from Japan
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Ashley Choke

Brighter Death Now - Necrose Evangelicum + 1890 Been on a total BDN trip the last week or so. Can't quite figure out what appeals to me so much about these two. So cheap and cheesy sounding, but still so great. Surely to do with BDN being the first extreme live act I witnessed. Remeber being in total shock and completely blown away. Today I would quite possibly feel otherwise

Enema Syringe - Live At No Fun Fest 2007 Underplayed yet completely over the top. Really looking forward to the show in Malmø

QuoteASHLEY C cd on Industrial Recollections; good stuff, not what i expected (more electronic-oriented)

The album is on FA, but guess you figured that, more electronic sounding than expected or the other way around?

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: AC on October 28, 2011, 11:16:04 AMBDN being the first extreme live act I witnessed. Remeber being in total shock and completely blown away. Today I would quite possibly feel otherwise

Drunkenly stumbling across the stage in womens clothes and laughing at yourself for being so crap and at the audience for being stupid enough to watch you should get old very soon. I'm glad I've missed that period of BDN and even happier I was there to see him in 94 and 95 when what he did actually mattered. The 95 gig in Boras was so menacing I left the room. No idea why exactly but something made me anxious to the point of almost having a panic attack so I walked. I had to. It's never happened before or since and it's proof of how powerful BDN once was. For all the clownery and bullshit of the last few years no one can take that away from him.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

murderous_vision

Quote from: Levas on October 25, 2011, 11:14:02 PM
Nyodene D - Every Knee shall bow Very solid album. Spinning it for the Nth time. Excellent

Seriously the best power electronics album this year!

P-K

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on October 28, 2011, 05:29:19 PM
Quote from: AC on October 28, 2011, 11:16:04 AMBDN being the first extreme live act I witnessed. Remeber being in total shock and completely blown away. Today I would quite possibly feel otherwise

Drunkenly stumbling across the stage in womens clothes and laughing at yourself for being so crap and at the audience for being stupid enough to watch you should get old very soon. I'm glad I've missed that period of BDN and even happier I was there to see him in 94 and 95 when what he did actually mattered. The 95 gig in Boras was so menacing I left the room. No idea why exactly but something made me anxious to the point of almost having a panic attack so I walked. I had to. It's never happened before or since and it's proof of how powerful BDN once was. For all the clownery and bullshit of the last few years no one can take that away from him.

i only saw him 1x live....very impressive set, i think Innerwar-area.....stage sealed shut with transparent plastic, strobes, xeroxs of girls pasted on the plastic and a man in a white labcoat painting "i wish i was a little girl" on the plastic sheet (http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=64276). most menacing of all was the VOLUME.....chest-punching bass. and it was good.

RyanWreck

Quote from: murderous_vision on October 28, 2011, 05:39:52 PM
Nyodene D - Every Knee shall bow Very solid album. Spinning it for the Nth time. Excellent

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but this is an outstanding piece of work from this project. I wasn't the biggest fan of his past releases and then this popped up in the mail and loved every second of it.

murderous_vision

Quote from: RyanWreck on October 28, 2011, 11:11:55 PM
Quote from: murderous_vision on October 28, 2011, 05:39:52 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but this is an outstanding piece of work from this project. I wasn't the biggest fan of his past releases and then this popped up in the mail and loved every second of it.

That's the nifty thing about a personal opinion!

Ashmonger

Heinz Hopf/Kam Hassah (7', no label): Since I heard good things about this 7" and knew none of the bands music, I thought it would be good to check it out. Heinz Hopf is good Harsh Noise, but I expected a bit more, I guess. Kam Hassah is different, reminded me somewhat of Sewer Elections Bristning LP, even though it's different. But I think the common thing is the focus on sounds, more than on distortion and effects. So, definately no bad purchase, be it more for Kam Hassah than for Heinz Hopf.

Suomi Finland Noisecore (CD, Lolita Slavinder Records): Once again I find myself listening to noisecore that came with my last FA order, since a friend of mine wanted it. So, more fascinated by the genre than really enjoying it, I decided to give this CD a listen. And I've got to say, I quite enjoyed. Not every act, but there's some good stuff (Nihilist Commando, Nuclear Voice, Noise Waste and S.E.X. to mention the best ones), while some other tracks were more on the crappy side. The problem is sometimes I hear noisecore which is recorded so badly, that I almost can't discern any instruments and only hear something that resembles tape hiss and it sounds weak whereas it should sound aggressive/harsh/... Anyway, I liked this listening to this comp, nice packaging and nice to discover some noisecore acts which I can enjoy.

bitewerksMTB

ERIC LUNDE cds on I.R.; too bad the label didn't get ALL of Lunde's releases to reissue properly. It's nice to be able to listen straight through. Some of the sounds are a bit 'dated' or maybe a little corny (the loops, laser sounds with beats) but I still like them. I remember Jeph Jerman showing me the spot at The Garden of Gods where they did that performance & another mutual friend told me she never saw Lunde without a fresh or nearly finished 12 pack of Budweiser.

I.R. should try to get a few of the BoyDirtCar tapes for rel's or has someone else done those? "catalyst" would be a good one...

ARKHE

CONCRETE MASCARA - the answer in the ashes (tape). Dynamic and filthy harsh noise with PE segments. Makes me think of OSCILLATING INNARDS or perhaps the dirtiest material from PRURIENT. Not new or unique, but a nice piece of US harsh noise.

SINK - the process (cd). Trade from their show this Friday. Only focused on the first two tracks, which seems to be the more metal of them, then having to do other things while listening the more droney peices didn't really catch my attention. But it sounded great, a lot to delve into, the parts I heard reminded me of Lustmord or NWW perhaps. Great layout too. Got their LP too, beautiful cover. Will listen later.

GATES - The prevailing wind (tape). More to the drone/doom fusion this Sunday... got this as a review copy, haven't bothered listening to it yet. More or less devoid of rhythm section, it's mostly gloomy guitar ambiance. Stunning artwork, especially when surrounded by xeroxed filth, though not very noteworthy music. Would like to hear the companion cd, "Moths have eaten the core".

THE COPPER ROOF HOUSES (v/a tape). Tour tape from Posh Isolatio  with tracks from LUST FOR YOUTH, BLODVITE and DAMIEN DUBROVNIK. DD and Blodvite = grimy and ambient industrial, very pleasurable, LFY = tape hiss synth pop. A bit too danceable for me , even though it at times got a good vibe of early industrial music.

and now: DISHARMONIC ORCHESTRA - Expositionsprofylaxe, Polish tape version. Fucking great, still one of the best early death/Grind bands.

FreakAnimalFinland

CCCC "Cosmic Coincidence control Center" CD
Endorphine factory
It's been ages since I last listened this. First Endorphine Factory CD and very early in bands discography too. Somehow one could say, it's nothing THAT special. I assume studio-live recordings of cosmic electronic noise with sudden clangs of metal and buried bass sounds... but in other hand, is IS special. I find myself sinking deep in armchair, doing nothing but listening the relatively lo-fi and distant noise. It is very good, and makes me want to urgently listen many of the other CCCC that has been sitting on the shelves for years without proper attention.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

SKY BURIAL

Cabaret Voltaire- The Crackdown
Skinny Puppy- Bites & Remission
Amebix- Sonic Mass (can't stop listening to this record, like it more each time I listen, needs to be experienced complete in a single sitting)

ConcreteMascara

Fleshpress - Acid Mouth Strangulation LP - fuck. I was not fully prepared for this. The first two tracks are very nice but the momentous b-side dominates. Such clear and organic production really allows the depression and malaise of the of the music to sink in. I don't see this leaving my turntable for a while.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512