PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashmonger

Content Nullity - Absolute Dread (C30, Phage Tapes): Got this because I really liked the track on the Tied To An Abuse comp. This stuff is different, no vocals. A-side is kind of power electronics with ambient sounds, B-side is same kind of power electronics, but with feedback in stead of ambient sounds. Definately good, but I liked the track on the comp better. Also, because both tracks are rather different (even though the distortion sound of the pe gives it a common factor), it might have been two separate tracks put together for a release. Anyway, will find its way again to my tape player, was not as good as I expected, but my hopes might have been too high.

Mania - Grotesque Mirth (7", Filth & Violence): 7" with nice artwork. On this release I feel Mania doesn't sound as aggressive as on for example the Ultra-Negative album. This is a bit more atmospheric, but good. However, I feel this needs more turns to really get a good view on it, seems like there's more than can be heard on the first listen, which is good.

Genocide Organ - Remember (DCD, Tesco Organisation): Just listened to the first CD. Sound quality varies, but overall the sound quality is really good for being live tracks (all from different gigs!). Some tracks are not really interesting, but in general I really enjoy GO's trademark throbbing synths, oppressive atmosphere and effected vocals. Nice packaging as well, with an interesting short article.

Vettige Rotte Viezerik (CDr, self released): Another incarnation of my friend Nikos VRV project. Normally VRV is noisecore with drumcomputer, this one is with drumming on metal crap (old saucepans, cookieboxes...). Sounds goofy, but the result is nice, really harsh. Might be better if recorded on tape, since the digital distortion shows (like on the opening scream) in some parts... 13 mins, 3 tracks, actually really like this one.

RG

Bitter - Make a Wish 7"
Oscillating Innards - Grey Variables LP
Griefer - Russian Business Network tape
Institut - Epidemics tape

Quote from: Ashmonger on November 01, 2011, 09:17:47 PM
Mania - Grotesque Mirth (7", Filth & Violence): 7" with nice artwork. On this release I feel Mania doesn't sound as aggressive as on for example the Ultra-Negative album. This is a bit more atmospheric, but good.

The same could be said for most of his recent output, and it's a welcomed change to these ears. The new approach is great and I'm interested in where he goes with it.

RyanWreck

I agree. I like all Mania but this new stuff is exceptionally good.

Custodian - Faults In The Structure (Fusty Cunt, 2011) - Straight forward and blistering Harsh Noise. This is a fairly short tape (C10) but it shows off exactly what it needs to and no more than that. Like I said before, this tape will make you sweat. It is quick and sharp and just keeps jabbing and jabbing. Awesome work here.

Ashmonger

Quote from: RG on November 03, 2011, 01:34:13 AM
Quote from: Ashmonger on November 01, 2011, 09:17:47 PMMania - Grotesque Mirth (7", Filth & Violence): 7" with nice artwork. On this release I feel Mania doesn't sound as aggressive as on for example the Ultra-Negative album. This is a bit more atmospheric, but good.
The same could be said for most of his recent output, and it's a welcomed change to these ears. The new approach is great and I'm interested in where he goes with it.
Didn't know that, I find it a little hard to keep up with most Noise/PE acts releasing rates (even the slower ones, release a lot more than your average Metalband), so I'm more about picking up stuff here and there, so that's why I'm a bit behind with stuff like this.
Anyway, as I said this 7" definately is good!

Matthias

Mammal - Lonesome Drifter CD
Sewer Election - Vittra Sönder advance

andy vomit

...TODAY, I'M DEAD - Menstrual Gold
IRM - The Green Tape
PROJEKT HAT - IlluZionist
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: Ashmonger on November 01, 2011, 09:17:47 PM
Mania - Grotesque Mirth (7", Filth & Violence): 7" with nice artwork. On this release I feel Mania doesn't sound as aggressive as on for example the Ultra-Negative album. This is a bit more atmospheric, but good.

[/quote]

I'll be interested in where it goes too. Haven't recorded anything since the split LP material & it's never really intentional to be more or less aggressive or atmospheric. Next up is split rel. with COMA DETOX out next year. That material is a bit heavier than recent work & includes odd bits of location recordings, all recorded in 2009, I think.

N.P.:

MANIAC soundtrack LP
THRILLER: A CRUEL PICTURE sndtrk I d/l'd

(just ordered PORTAL "swarth" 2LP which I'm looking forward to)

Tenebracid

klaus schulze - angst ost
the hafler trio - a thirsty fish
the hafler trio - seven hours of sleep
étant donnés - royaume
étant donnés - aurore
mlehst - this feeling does not belong to me
prurient - despiritualized

RG

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 03, 2011, 08:30:48 PMNext up is split rel. with COMA DETOX out next year. That material is a bit heavier than recent work & includes odd bits of location recordings, all recorded in 2009, I think.

Fuckin great news, was wondering when Coma Detox was going to release some new material.

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 03, 2011, 08:30:48 PM(just ordered PORTAL "swarth" 2LP which I'm looking forward to)

It's really well done. Seems like it took forever to finally get released, but they did it right. Kinda getting annoyed at these 2LPs with material on only three sides. This one is like that, the new Negative Plane vinyl was like that, and so was the reissue of Demoncy's Joined In Darkness. I don't give a fuck about some screen printed artwork on the blank side, put some extra tracks on there! Live tracks, demos, whatever. 

Matthias

Family Underground - Un Tratto Di Malinconia CD (Turgid Animal)
Feels like a natural follow up to the Demon Parade LP but still different. Heavy dronepieces with an underlying industrial touch at times and a melodic nerve. Nice out there vocals (a bit reminiscent of the vocal delivery of the Timeless Reality group at times). Hard to compare this to anything else, it sounds FU at the same time as it sounds fresh. A strange mish mash here but done very, very well.

pontifx

diocletian - doom cult
BU - viha&kiima
beherit - electric doom synthesis

linxtyx

nyarluna

V / A - Broken Flag: A Retrospective 1982-1985

Militia - Power, Propaganda, Production!

Kleistwahr - Arsonicide

FreakAnimalFinland

CCCC "Early Works" 4xCD box
Damn!! Two discs done today and it is simply brilliant. Since it is a box set, I originally listened it once when I got this and filed it on shelves. But there tracks can take plenty of rotation.

Disc #1, track 2 = Live At gospel #2 is phenomenal. Simple metal percussion works on top of all, excellent!
Disc #2, track 2 = Live At Donzoko House #1 is phenomenal too! "Experts" can spot the perfect moment of this live used in Come Again II compilation. It still amazes me how well that comp is done, since many of the cuts you find from existing releases, is just highlight of the track... It has also very nice sound and good textures.

Remaining 2 discs wait for near days!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

COIL unnatural history II & III