PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: DEFILER on November 28, 2011, 04:40:40 AM
Iam noticeing lately this great need from artists to release these expensive novilty albums where the pay off isnt really worth the over all investment.What ever happened to artists releasing basic cassettes or cd's with a sticker or maybe a basic printed patch for 15 or so bucks?I understand things are more expensive with the economy but people should concider whats affordable and whats just plian ridiculous!! $100.00's really???

Special version is sold out, normal version is available, no really reason to complain when there is huge easy availability of normal edition. Investment would be purely out of personal preference. This would be different with releases where "regular edition" doesn't exist. I look forward getting the regular edition.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

P-K

booklet does look nice, but not 100$ nice lol ......that patch is just plain ugly :-)

np : Forbidden Planet ost  lp ......1956 synth, tone generators, tapeloops, echo & clanging reverb.....awesome work !

STREETMEAT

Knullkraft – Rännstensromantik

fucking great tape, lots of feedback heavy synth and junk. when vocals kick in reminds me of BU. looking forward to more of project

P-K

Daniel Menche : odradek  cd.........totally not into Beta-Lactam but picking up Menche from time to time (usually second hand lol) i was rather suprised by this one. very warm, drony, nice build-up to more noisy climax, spoken words (Markus Wolff of Crash Worship, Cthulhu etc) .......it reminded me a lot of recent IRM somehow. nice one !

narcolepsia

Quote from: STREETMEAT on November 28, 2011, 08:22:20 PM
Knullkraft – Rännstensromantik

fucking great tape, lots of feedback heavy synth and junk. when vocals kick in reminds me of BU. looking forward to more of project

nice to see someone here praising knullkraft´s debut ! a new tape will be included on the upcoming narcolepsia batch.

RyanWreck

Received some random stuff in the mail. I guess that is the perks of having a review/interview site that isn't complete shit and being up front and honest with artists and labels?

Plague Mother - Heave (Fusty Cunt, 2011) - I already had a copy of this so if anyone was left out let me know and I will do an easy trade, nothing too fancy. The subject matter digs into eating disorders. Both sides are very well done Harsh Noise meets PE with some rumbling waves of static, feedback and pedal play with shouted vocal work scattered about. Not bad at all. The label says "Cleveland power electronics focusing on eating disorders, specifically bulimia. Disturbing samples coincide perfectly with harsh static and tonal mind-numbingness. Keep an eye out for this project." Spot on.

I also have the Plague Mother CD, their split with Skin Graft and something titled Crawl which is a CD I have yet to get to. And then there are two tapes one titled "Worship" the other "Tribute" that comes in a nifty little box with some dirt xerox art on it and the word "Posture" on it and fairly long song names that remind me a little bit of Exploring Jezebel track names. Gotta find out who this is so I can recommend it.

RG

Lebensfaden - Die Vollendete Schönheit tape
Burried Machine - Aoral Portion tape
Geography Of Hell - Sarajevo 1992 tape

Probably listen to the rest of the new Lust Vessel stuff tomorrow. I wish all labels released tapes as well done as these. Top-notch, well worth the $$$. This label can do no wrong.

Anyone get those other self-released Lebensfaden tapes that LV is distributing?

STREETMEAT

Quote from: RG on November 30, 2011, 06:19:09 AM
Lebensfaden - Die Vollendete Schönheit tape
Burried Machine - Aoral Portion tape
Geography Of Hell - Sarajevo 1992 tape

Probably listen to the rest of the new Lust Vessel stuff tomorrow. I wish all labels released tapes as well done as these. Top-notch, well worth the $$$. This label can do no wrong.

Anyone get those other self-released Lebensfaden tapes that LV is distributing?

got the Lebensfaden- Ein Sättigung Der Leere release great material.

RG

Quote from: STREETMEAT on November 30, 2011, 06:33:50 AMgot the Lebensfaden- Ein Sättigung Der Leere release great material.

Is the packaging and tape the same high-quality as the LV releases? Was wondering about that since they're self released, and nearly the same price for half the runtime

STREETMEAT

Quote from: RG on November 30, 2011, 06:44:10 AM
Quote from: STREETMEAT on November 30, 2011, 06:33:50 AMgot the Lebensfaden- Ein Sättigung Der Leere release great material.

Is the packaging and tape the same high-quality as the LV releases? Was wondering about that since they're self released, and nearly the same price for half the runtime

didnt grab any of the lustvessle releases just 2 distro tapes but both are high quality. layout for tapes are both the same with card insert saying exclusive from LV distro

Ashley Choke

Alleypisser - Savn 7" / Kvalt 7"+Box

Mikkel gave me a bunch of his new records/tapes yesterday. Project seems to get better with every release. Of all AP material I still enjoy his side of our split the most, as far as I remember that's also the the newest recording. Nice to hear the organ I borrowed him being put to good use on the Kvalt 7", still haven't managed to use it with much success myself yet.

RyanWreck

My favorite Alleypissed is Dogging, hands down. One of the best sound collage releases made in my opinion.

Tollund Men - Demo (Bleak Environment, 2011) - Good old fashioned lo-fi synth pop. The label described this as "Mid-period Chrome, Mid-period Cabaret Voltaire, through a sieve lens of isolationist Nurse With Wound list style minimal-synthed post punk. " Wordy but pretty spot on. A lot of this new wave of lo-fi synth-pop and post punk is extremely raw and this isn't really an exception but the melodies are not buried or muddy like most of the stuff coming out these days. Vocals are super downer droning echoes. Good job on this one.

Order of Nine Angels - 04.02.2010 (Self Released, 2011) - This is not an official release, it was actually only made for "friends and allies" with less than 20 floating around. O9A takes a fairly different stance here than on previous material. As far as "walls" go I am not a fan, but O9A has always had redeeming qualities because there is movement, a sense of distance and nuances that most projects do not have. This release is more Harsh Noise than "wall" and there are even drums on it. Great recording quality for a live tape too.

Departure Chandelier - The Black Crest of Death, The Gold Wreath of War (Hospital Productions/Tour De Garde, 2011) - This differs from most Black Metal released by already established Noise labels. I think this is another Dom project but I am not 100% sure on that. 4 songs, the 2 main tracks (the other 2 are intro and outro tracks) are decent in length, an 8 minute and 6 minute clash of mid-paced Black Metal styled like mid-90's French BM mixed with Satyricon's "Dark Medieval Times" and put through a Hospital Productions blender...that;s the best description I can really think of.

Matthias

Alleypisser - Kvalt boxset is amazing. Don't purchase that many 7"s nowdays but this one is mandatory.

Recent rotation:
Croatian Amor - Brother, Sister Tape
Macronympha - Super Oxide CD
Neil Young - Chrome Dreams
bootleg

Ashmonger

Fear Konstruktor/Defektro (Phage Tapes, C39): I expected Harsh Noise, but this goes more into the direction of something between PE and Ambient. This counts more or less for both acts. The cardboard fold cover is cool, but the artwork printed on it is honestly rather ugly. Got this with my order from PT and it's a nice surprise!

FreakAnimalFinland

LEBENSFADEN "besessenheit" and "Eine Sättigung der leere" tapes
Listened these 2 out of 4 tapes recently out. Good stuff. There is same style, yet enough variety. Besessenheit has great rotten synth tone as main element, yet I think too easy delay effect dominated high pitch electronics. Same length, same tempo delay through entire piece. It's good, but could be better.
"Eine..." is better. It has more delicate textures. Overall the "same", yet slightly better in my opinion.

These are dark and grim, and aesthetics fit better to "industrial taste". Yet, anyone into Altar Of Flies or one could even say some Posh Isolation stuff etc, it hits quite similar sweet tooth of rotten textured, yet slowly drifting tape decay.

HIJOKAIDAN "The Noise" box goes on...
Disc #4 is the latest one I listened. 1980 recordings, 7 tracks, more of the improv. & "kraut jam" type. Band line-up, often stead drum beat and sometimes even song structure of some kind. This disc doesn't have at all the pure harshness most known from the King.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net