PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

SERPENT VENOM carnal altar; doom metal, nothing overly special but i like it. great band name (i like anything dealing with snakes)

P-K

Kristian Olsson-tape on Second Sleep.......very good work imho, not as low-fi as to be expected, still 'post mortem'ish but actually very 'musical' . will replay!

Stridulum

Quote from: RG on November 30, 2011, 06:19:09 AM
Geography Of Hell - Sarajevo 1992 tape

I'm very curious about this one. Could you describe it a bit in terms of sound/theme/packaging?
Thanks.

Mikko, are you getting any of these LV tapes for your distro?

RyanWreck

Lust Vessel sure is getting a ton of attention with this last batch. I hope they don't go another thousand years between this and the next batch like they did before.

STREETMEAT

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 03, 2011, 02:35:37 AM
Lust Vessel sure is getting a ton of attention with this last batch. I hope they don't go another thousand years between this and the next batch like they did before.

think they are starting to get material for next batch already.

RyanWreck

Quote from: SILVUM on December 03, 2011, 03:43:04 AM
Quote from: RyanWreck on December 03, 2011, 02:35:37 AM

I hope they don't just start steamrolling with endless expensive releases.  I'm willing to go with them at these prices so far since the quality is pretty high and consistent and it's years apart, but if it becomes a barrage, that will be a bummer. (Initially read your response wrong saying you hope they DO wait forever, which is my sentiment)...

Well I definitely don't want to be "steamrolled" either. I think something like a few releases every 5 or 6 months or so is a good amount of time. But 3 years is way too long in my opinion, especially since the label seems to pick out very good material.

STREETMEAT

Hal Hutchinson brutal mechanics
great amount of junk/feedback favorite tape from hal so far.

RG

Quote from: Stridulum on December 02, 2011, 11:43:30 PM

I'm very curious about this one. Could you describe it a bit in terms of sound/theme/packaging?
Thanks.

Side A begins by building a very tense atmosphere...like all hell is about to break loose. Very uneasy feeling...and it just keeps building. Mostly high and mid-range frequencies, static drones up front with some faint junk noise and other activity buried underneath. It just builds and builds with no end in sight, the expected climax never arrives. Some rumbling low end is introduced and side ends "quietly"...but the sense of unease is still present. Very fitting for the concept, as I'm sure living in Sarajevo during a four year siege was very tense indeed. Oppressive and relentless.

Side B begins with a similar approach as Side A, except things are a little more active and as the track progresses it becomes increasingly more dynamic. More low end on this side. There's a sense of hopelessness in the beginning that gets drowned out as the sounds get harsher and the waves of terror intensify and wash over you. Again...there's the sense of building and building with no real release of the tension, and it all just kinds of fades away at the end.

Presentation, like all the other Lust Vessel releases, is exceptional. Included is a nice b&w booklet with collage + text detailing the nightmarish existence of living in Sarajevo during the siege.

I've always had issues with "concept" in the noise/p.e. scene, or at least half-assed concepts. Cookie-cutter and copycat concepts slapped onto the sounds as an afterthought, because that's what you gotta do to market your material and be considered a part of the genre. It's really nice to listen to a release like this, where the concept is somewhat original and the sound/composition is true to the idea. This is the first material I've heard from this project and I definitely want to hear more.

ironfistofthesun

TG vinyl re-issues
...fuck me I think I must have 3 editions of each TG album's. The new remasterd set are well worth getting. Nice dynamic pressing if not a little too bassy in parts. I try not to by cd's so I snaped up the LP's but the cd versions look great!

DI6 nada plus..such an important album on my youth had to get this again on gatefold LP.

Nil by mouth tapes...trade with Aldo..great stuff..very good tape sound quality

Time arrow 12' + tape...mmmm? better than BD

vivenza  lp..modes reels collectifs...cold factory futurism! bit pricey but nice job by the label

xasthur..portal of sorrow Gloomy wonky and de-tuned BM...fucking bad purple cover art though !

Burial hex book of delusions lp...not so keen on this..was hopping for more deep ritual but some track are in 4/4 house music tempo.

and ..

SJ/ we spit on their graves 10lp box set!
I been chipping away at old friend for as long as i have know him about selling this too me, and has now sold for a very very good price!

Per orderd the DOME 5lp box set  and Yasuno tone lp on mego editions ..

that has fucking skint me out...

Stridulum

Quote from: RG on December 03, 2011, 10:32:24 AM
Quote from: Stridulum on December 02, 2011, 11:43:30 PM

Thanks.

Side A begins
[cut]

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Iron Fist of the Sun - I Will Never Have The Right
Corpsessed - The Dagger and the Chalice
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

RyanWreck

Listening to a rip of that Burried Machine on LV. Whoaaaaa.

bitewerksMTB

Listening to this 'custom soundtrack' of LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET which can be found here:

http://cottageofelectrichell.blogspot.com

Haven't checked out any of the others but this one is pretty cool.

The Cottage sndtrk for THE MESSIAH OF EVIL is really good too. SATAN'S CHILDREN is ok (wild movie, if I'm remembering the correct film)

martialgodmask

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 05, 2011, 04:30:39 AM
Listening to this 'custom soundtrack' of LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET which can be found here:

http://cottageofelectrichell.blogspot.com

Haven't checked out any of the others but this one is pretty cool.

The Cottage sndtrk for THE MESSIAH OF EVIL is really good too. SATAN'S CHILDREN is ok (wild movie, if I'm remembering the correct film)

Interesting, going to grab a couple I think.

FreakAnimalFinland

with total ego boost gratification, I have been only listening GRUNT "Ritual of Mortality" tape for days. To be released in week or something.

Another recent rotation limbo release has been Fitzcarraldo soundtrack CD. Popol Vuh is always dark and impressive, yet good piece of raw sounding opera in this release.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net