PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanWreck

Quote from: KHH on December 20, 2011, 04:16:53 PM
All 3 + 6 more released by Posh Isolation (=PI)

It's fantastic. Just giving it another listen now.

Did you get those at the show? How is Croation Armor? "Bubble gum Industrial" sounds way too interesting to pass up.

Matthias

Got the "Brothers, Sisters" cassette a couple of weeks ago, it's good but the track on the Maritime Trade compilation is better.
Good to see something new from Blodvite, the Styggelse cassette kind of "disappeared"..

RyanWreck

Quote from: Matthias on December 20, 2011, 06:43:37 PM
Got the "Brothers, Sisters" cassette a couple of weeks ago, it's good but the track on the Maritime Trade compilation is better.
Good to see something new from Blodvite, the Styggelse cassette kind of "disappeared"..

Blodvite is acoustic metal and tape loops, right? Did you get Erotikens Historie too? Was wondering how that was. I usually only order from overseas if I really want something so it would be nice to get opinions on this stuff, otherwise I'll probably wait and see if Bleak Environment or YA! (ugh) gets the new batch. Posh Isolation is a label I have rarely ever passed up on, Nordisk Klub has joined that rank too. Denmark is just too good right now.

Speaking of Denmark...NP Damien Dubrovnik – The Vanity Set. What an awesome tape. Sleepy yet harsh, as with most DD releases, great stuff.

RG

Quote from: pestdemon on December 20, 2011, 10:39:51 AMelse:
G.O. Archive II. "God sent us" just might be one of the best songs in this whole genre.

Agreed. I had to download an mp3 rip to listen to this release and my jaw dropped when listening to this track. It's a shame that it's only available on a limited vinyl release that was nigh-impossible to purchase when it came out. I wonder if one day they'll compile these Archive EPs onto a CD release

Now I need to compare this studio version to the live one on Remember

bitewerksMTB

Listening to "god sent us"  now. Anyone know where the opening sample is from?

RG

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 21, 2011, 02:19:46 AM
Listening to "god sent us"  now. Anyone know where the opening sample is from?

Romper Stomper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcyUQNNZs7A

I've listened to both versions now, they're quite different but both mesmerizing. I prefer the one on Archive II, more rhythmic.

narcolepsia

the new blockaders - simphonie in X major

the haters - in the shade of fire

kim wilde - kim wilde

ruff sqwad - guns n´roses vol.1

pekka airaksinen - one point music

VA hate songs

Zeno Marx

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Mattias G

Quote from: RG on December 21, 2011, 02:33:49 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 21, 2011, 02:19:46 AM
Listening to "god sent us"  now. Anyone know where the opening sample is from?

Romper Stomper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcyUQNNZs7A

I've listened to both versions now, they're quite different but both mesmerizing. I prefer the one on Archive II, more rhythmic.

I remember when this movie came out that it was a rumor about the soundtrack was made by Midnight Oil or something, can´t really remember the band but it was some famous people in it. I think it was cause they did´t wanna give money to real nazi bands. True or false?

FreakAnimalFinland

I remember reading that none of the nazi bands wanted to be associate with the story?
But I guess in the end, it was simply easiest. You know, easier than make deal with band is just make more songs. They aren't THAT hard to make make :D
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

RyanWreck

Listening to the first Snuff LP. Pretty large difference from the II LP of this year. This one reminds me a little bit of Male Rape Group in certain parts; high-end tones, thinning and shifting rumbles with buried vocals that are shouted. Salute the future!

Next up The New Sadism - Urge to Kill

RyanWreck

Been on a feedback, minimal kick lately and Libertinage definitely fills the void. We Spit on their Graves era SJ, New Sadism/SK/Lyoto Music style stuff here. Really good.

bitewerksMTB

I tried to upload Libertinage "Quick Cum" to soundcloud but it stalled out. Also found out Libertinage is the name of a project an ex-member of Deathpile uses for his work but has not released anything.

Listened to BIZARRE UPROAR's new LP. Like most of it. Think it needs more plays before it grows on me.
MOUNTAIN GOAT- sludge that sounds alot like Weedeater

Hoping Impetuous Ritual 2LP shows up in a day or 2...

Matthias

Händer Som Vårdar - Korridorblick Tape (Unik Eld)
Returned to this debutrelease of HSV from 2010 in anticipation of the soon to be released HSV/Megan 7". Opening up with a lonely tape loop accompanied by slowly moving hiss and hum. Just amazing, so stripped down yet so intriguing. Overall a bit different from the more layered, but equally awkward, Bakåtböjning cassette which followed this year.

White Eye Of Winter Watching 2xTape (Hospital)
Not a big fan of compilations, and this one is almost too much with close to 4 hours over 2 cassettes! Highlights after a few spins are Gaze Campaign, Sickness, Militia, Ramleh, Ethnic Acid, Alberich and maybe Mangled Clit. Mixed feelings here, some very good stuff and some stuff i could live without (just as in the case with most compilations, right?), i think if like the 12 best tracks here where compiled it would have been a great compilation, now the overall feeling is a bit uneven and some tracks disappears. I also feel a bit old when i after a while get lost in the tracklisting while listening! But definitely still worth getting i think.

ConcreteMascara

IFOTS - Embers 7" - again a little late to the party, but I'd have to agree with what has been already said, excellent 7". Embers reminds me so much of the Escape from NY score I had to watch it!

Throat / Fleshpress - Split 7" - Throat track is just great. '90s style noise rock with balls. Fleshpress do a pretty fast little ditty, good but Throat takes the cake.

and a whole lot of non-noise/metal/whatever listening. Mostly Chain Reaction records and Ricardo Villalobos. gay :P
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512