Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Chris Carter - Moonlight 12"
Prurient - Time's Arrow 12"
Thorofon - Exkarnation CD
Otto Von Schirach - Maxipad Detention CD

Nyodene D

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 06, 2012, 12:35:44 AM
What is the 'garbage sack' of the God Blast Am. dvd? Haven't seen a word written about it yet. Woul d like to see it for Con-Dom.

It's not a 'garbage sack' its a Tesco Grocers bag that someone sent Jane for the mail order stuff. It wasn't like a special edition that you pay for, just something to give out with the first 50 orders.

FreakAnimalFinland

Posh Isolation latest batch stuff...

Forza Albino "mot" tape
the best - great stuff! Raw and rugged industrial noise / pe

Caucasian Colony "H.Ukpabio" tape
still doing good, but songs appear like abruptly cut pieces of sessions rather than clear songs. Still good, though.

LR "excerpts from a divorce" tape
LR goes strong with his still pretty Prurient influenced sounding materials.

Erotikens Historie "Lolita Problemet" tape
Heavy and dirty synth atmosphere

Vanity Productions "Glas Gennem Glas" tape
huh! I was expecting this could actually suck. Described as awkward drum machine experiments and the tape looks ultra short. It's like... C-5 ? What? I don't know. It doesn't sound THAT short as the tape looks like. And music actually is good. It's minimalistic electronic music. It's cold, yet the analogue and relatively gruffy sound gives it plenty of character. I hope this would have been rather 40 mins album worth of stuff rather than tape single.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

P-K

Quote from: Brad on January 06, 2012, 05:30:40 AM
Thorofon - Exkarnation CD

pure SPK-worship.....but still fresh. good one !

RyanWreck

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 06, 2012, 04:16:33 PM
Posh Isolation latest batch stuff...

Erotikens Historie "Lolita Problemet" tape
Heavy and dirty synth atmosphere

This was described as drone so I stayed away, little disappointed that I didn't get it from your description.

Vanity Productions "Glas Gennem Glas" tape
huh! I was expecting this could actually suck. Described as awkward drum machine experiments and the tape looks ultra short. It's like... C-5 ? What? I don't know. It doesn't sound THAT short as the tape looks like. And music actually is good. It's minimalistic electronic music. It's cold, yet the analogue and relatively gruffy sound gives it plenty of character. I hope this would have been rather 40 mins album worth of stuff rather than tape single.

Did you get Age Coin? That's some really good rhythmic industrial with synth-pop undertones. And it is pretty damn long, 15 minutes on each side.

FreakAnimalFinland

Erotikens Historie is "drone" - but it's not kind of.. well, psychedelic drone. It would easily fit among latest playlists of anyone who worshipped for example new Lust Vessel stuff.

I did get Age Coin too, but not yet listened it.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: Nyodene D on January 06, 2012, 08:18:22 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 06, 2012, 12:35:44 AM
What is the 'garbage sack' of the God Blast Am. dvd? Haven't seen a word written about it yet. Woul d like to see it for Con-Dom.

It's not a 'garbage sack' its a Tesco Grocers bag that someone sent Jane for the mail order stuff. It wasn't like a special edition that you pay for, just something to give out with the first 50 orders.

I couldn't remember what you said the sack was & garbage was what first came to mind. Makes sense now. That fest was a MESS. Long, long waits all 3 nights. I remember talking to Michael of Anenzaphalia outside, he was bitching "waiting, waiting, WAITING! all this WAITING".

RyanWreck

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 06, 2012, 08:17:46 PM
Erotikens Historie is "drone" - but it's not kind of.. well, psychedelic drone. It would easily fit among latest playlists of anyone who worshipped for example new Lust Vessel stuff.

If it is anything like the Lust Vessel pieces, especially GOH or Tongue Knax than I'm in!

andy vomit

BRIGHTER DEATH NOW - very little fun
NICOLE 12 - black line
NICOLE 12 - playground/lolita love
...TODAY I'M DEAD - i close my eyes
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

P-K

vod's Laibach box.....i've got all day :-)

P-K

disc1 : excellent so far....

linxtyx

Quote from: andy vomit on January 07, 2012, 11:52:33 PM
BRIGHTER DEATH NOW - very little fun
Despite of my first skeptic impression, I'm enjoying, simply enjoying, this record. Sure there is nothing ground braking but..

Brad

Quote from: P-K on January 08, 2012, 03:08:04 PM

Really?  I have this and I can't get into it, as much as I wanted to.  Everything sounds like I've heard it before on one of their other albums, like they're just churning out countless variations on a few ideas.  But I'm not a big fan of ambient/soundtrack music in general, I want them to go back to rock music. 

P-K

Quote from: Brad on January 08, 2012, 08:57:39 PM
Quote from: P-K on January 08, 2012, 03:08:04 PM

Really?  I have this and I can't get into it, as much as I wanted to.  Everything sounds like I've heard it before on one of their other albums, like they're just churning out countless variations on a few ideas.  But I'm not a big fan of ambient/soundtrack music in general, I want them to go back to rock music. 

but since it IS a soundtrack they won't do rock music imho :-) ......i really liked NIN's Ghosts, and this is in the same line. could listen to it whole day.....

RG

Quote from: P-K on January 08, 2012, 09:14:02 PMbut since it IS a soundtrack they won't do rock music imho :-) ......i really liked NIN's Ghosts, and this is in the same line. could listen to it whole day.....

I haven't heard it, but isn't the very first track a cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"? I have a feeling that it sucks. I was a fan of Ghosts as well, but they reused a lot of that stuff for The Social Network OST. I wonder if they did some recycling again for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

TR apparently will be going back to rock music. His new project with his wife and his soundtrack partner is coming out with an album soon I think and then I guess he's back to doing more NIN material. Can't say I'm excited though...it's kind of pathetic when a 40+ year old world famous millionaire rock star is still writing "oh woe is me" emo lyrics. The actual music hasn't been that great either for a long time. He should stick to instrumental/soundtrack work.