PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Just finished watching the God Blast America DVD. It's worth buying for the Operation Cleansweep set alone. Such a dense and vicious performance.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Nyodene D

I enjoyed that a lot too, but was bummed that only excerpts of the G.O. and Anenzephalia sets were included.... was hoping they'd be on there... oh well, someday soon perhaps? i've heard it was because of sound issues that they werent included...

GEWALTMONOPOL

Most things on there are good but OC stands out. I also heard something about how the recording/filming got fucked up. I assume that's why this wasn't released much sooner. Glad they did though. There's hardly a shortage of GO on video out there.

Today we bid farewell to Jimmy Castor who checked out yesterday. So long Jimmy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNS42Na2mpc

Andrew McIntosh

Yea? That's a shame. Troglodyte is a damn great song.
Shikata ga nai.

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on January 15, 2012, 11:42:10 PM*Malignant Rec's has that Hospital 2xtape comp for $15 instead of the $25 the label is asking. Just got a copy in a trade but havent listened to it. $15 is more the price is should be...

Ordered. Thanks for the tip! I have been eager to hear this one, but there is no way I am paying 35 bucks for a double tape (which I am sure is on normal grade tape...) $19 w/ shipping is far more reasonable.

Nyodene D

Quote from: RyanWreck on January 14, 2012, 10:18:47 AM
Listening to Crown of Cerberus - "Strength". Great tape, only one go at it so far and I am assuming that I will get a lot more from it after a few more, the last COC tape didn't start to get great until about 4 or 5 plays in. Doing an interview with Mack about this project and his label, watch for that on Pure Stench.

just got this in the mail.  excited to hear it, but what in the fuck happened to the artwork? pixelated and the layout is super weird, especially when it'd be way easy to turn the Tarot card thing and make it the front cover of the release instead of going across all three panels of the j-card horizontally...

RyanWreck

Quote from: Nyodene D on January 18, 2012, 01:53:42 AM
Quote from: RyanWreck on January 14, 2012, 10:18:47 AM
Listening to Crown of Cerberus - "Strength". Great tape, only one go at it so far and I am assuming that I will get a lot more from it after a few more, the last COC tape didn't start to get great until about 4 or 5 plays in. Doing an interview with Mack about this project and his label, watch for that on Pure Stench.

just got this in the mail.  excited to hear it, but what in the fuck happened to the artwork? pixelated and the layout is super weird, especially when it'd be way easy to turn the Tarot card thing and make it the front cover of the release instead of going across all three panels of the j-card horizontally...

Yea I agree. I didn't like the other COC art either. I mean it wasn't bad but it didn't feel like a lot of attention was given to it, same with this one. But then, I've never really looked at any of Mack's artwork, not really my style.

XXX

Quote from: RyanWreck on January 18, 2012, 07:35:22 AMartwork

I've always felt the blown-up jpeg is the rough xerox of "our generation."

Ashley Choke

Antonin Pagaille - Variations Sur Le Bonheur
Alleypisser related project. Greatly enjoying this, synthesizer experimentation in a variety of styles. Some of the material brings to mind early kraut rock, some more industrial based. Especially the last side which evokes an almost electro acoustic, more musical feel is amazing.

Altar Of Flies - Eremiten
My only exposure to this project of dare I say like-minded individual. Could do without the typical Swedish melodic noodling but overall this is superbly composed and a really interesting listen. Need to check out more of Mattias output.

Redrot / Aaron Dilloway - LP of the Michigan Boxset
Even being a huge Dilloway fan it's Redrot who's the most interesting here. Ultra lofi industrial with a completely unique atmosphere. What other material compares to this? found the recent LP to be more clean, didn't quite grab me like this. Dilloway side is not the strongest I've heard from him, but still pretty solid. Think I'll return to his most recent CD were he does something similar to aforementioned Redrot side later today.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: KHH on January 18, 2012, 10:55:46 AMAltar Of Flies - EremitenCould do without the typical Swedish melodic noodling

I'm intrigued by that. What is typical Swedish melodic noodling? I've never heard AoF so I can't comment but do you have more examples? Is it a recent thing or is the older generation guilty as well?

bogskaggmannen

I'm guessing he refers to that quite a few Swedes uses for example synth to include some kind of "atmosphere" to the overall recording, perhaps mostly directed to the newer Gothenburg and Malmö-groups like Ättestupa for example?

Ashley Choke

Correct!

Melodic is something I can't accuse you of Martin, haha

GEWALTMONOPOL

Well I'm a bad example anyway since I've lived in the UK for more than ten years and have never really been active or part of anything over there. My surprise came from having the industrial contingent of CMI and Segerhuva related projects in mind and wondering if there's something I might have missed. I'm very ignorant of the current GBG and Malmo scenes. Near total NFI.

For the playlist: NYODENE D - Every Knee Shall Bow, CD is on repeat in the car and I'm getting much joy from it. The second half is better than the first but it's still early days. I'll let this run for the rest of the week and digest it a bit more.

RyanWreck

Quote from: GWNBF on January 18, 2012, 09:38:57 AM
Quote from: RyanWreck on January 18, 2012, 07:35:22 AMartwork

I've always felt the blown-up jpeg is the rough xerox of "our generation."

Internet printouts altogether, really. The first Golden Rain tape on F&V was successful and pretty cool looking, besides that I really dislike this style.

This morning I've been listening to Crowley from Japan (traditional Heavy Metal with melodic Power Metal riffs and an evil atmosphere) and the extremely underrated band Axewitch, Visions Of The Past is way to good to overlook for anyone into NWOBHM and Power Metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1n_9PooTk0&feature=related

Järtecknet

Quote from: KHH on January 18, 2012, 10:55:46 AM
Altar Of Flies - Eremiten
My only exposure to this project of dare I say like-minded individual. Could do without the typical Swedish melodic noodling but overall this is superbly composed and a really interesting listen. Need to check out more of Mattias output.

compared to what? contemporary danish acts? in denmark i think its dominant melodic synths on a majority of the noise/industrial releases. perhaps you´re talking about personal references rather than any typical swedish noodling. perhaps it should be called typical danish noodling? ;)