PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashmonger

The Vomit Arsonist - Patience/Violence (C20, Danvers State Recordings): This sounds like Ambient, with the recognizable TVA power electronics/death industrial beneath it. Gives it a strange feeling, like you can't turn it up loud enough. Good, and will have to listen to this again, but probably not his best output.

Grunt - Ritual Of Mortality (C30, Institute Of Paraphilia Studies): Heard the B-side on youtube and wasn't certain whether I liked it or not at first, but I got the tape anyway and am glad I did. Really good stuff, though I seem to like the A-side more than the B-side.

Nyodene D - Caged Dog/Common Criminal (7", Phage Tapes): Listened twice, not bad, but I'm not convinced yet. Vocals are good though. Will play this again.

Faux Pas/Grain Belt (7", Phage Tapes, Small Doses, White Centipede Noise): Faux Pas is good, but not really special. Grain Belt is really good, noise made mostly out of metal clang and scraping and echoing vocals, though there's a fair portion of distortion as well. And indeed that loop at the end is nice. Thinking about checking out some more Grain Belt.

bitewerksMTB

IOPS animal comp tape- side 1 played so far. really good stuff esp the Grunt track
HARASSOR tape on Husk Records

Ashley Choke

Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats
Lord knows I've tried, for well over ten years now to get properly into TG. I simply don't find them very interesting. This has some really good moments, but for most part the dry studio sound and GPO's annoying voice just kinda ruins it for me. Guess I need to give the first two albums some more attention, but really all I've heard, including the so ever praised Heathen Earth has just not done it for me. The two Disipline versions is utterly boring, way too dominated by the analog kick.

Whitehouse - Total Sex
Another classic, and this on the other hand is simply fucking fantastic. Opposed to popular opinion I seriously don't think PE has ever been done any better than this. Found Leichenlinie and some other GO reissues cheap in my local second hand. Will be picking them up next week, that might broaden my horizon, but really, Death Over China?? They have a lot of work to do convincing me with song titles like that haha

V/A - Suomi Finland Noisecore
Still enjoying this quite alot. Nuclear Voice is so good, sounds like it's recorded and gaffatapehead overdubbed on a Taiwanese walkman!

P-K

dug up some Taint cd's....Whoredom, Victimology, Sex Sick etc.....amazing nasty work.

Hive Mind 'death tone' .....rather good claustrophobic throbbing & droning synth work.

Söldnergeist 'spur2'  cd ......never get tired of this one. classic.

ironfistofthesun

A hard month on the trowel so..

Halloween 3 lp..bit pricey but a very rare find!

The monster club soundtrack lp ..weird English Amicus anthology film..Classic in every way. Ghosts of my childhood pour through my speakers..cost a bomb but worth every penny

Cut hands 1/2 lp..ye ok? some parts sound like weak computer drum programing but quite like the swirling/chaotic electronics in the background. Vinyl is cut nice and mastered and very good!

Dome boxset 5lp's...

Mittageisen  x2 cd 1981-1986...fantastic swiss coldwave/industrial bit gothy bit shoogazey recomended

Machinefabriek Veldwerk cd. Some of my fav cold spring releases were from machinefabriek.. I can only class it as very dark sound art! dont be put off the "happy" cover art!!!

Daphne oram Reworked (private dreams and public nightmares)  cd ..not as academic as i thought it was going to be...in fact quite like coil's/cyclobe more trippy darkness than electro- acoustics. Great!

ConcreteMascara

Demdike Stare - Elemental Pt1 & Pt2 (2xLP) - dub techno meets industrial soundscapes. This reminds me of the Hoga Nord LP on Segerhuva a few years back, albeit more dub influenced. It definitely has the feeling of collage industrial at times though. Nice dread filled atmospheres.

Wolf Eyes - Dread (CD) - still my favorite Wolf Eyes release

Wolf Eyes - River Slaughter (2xLP) - just got this in a trade. I have both of the CD-rs its based off of but haven't listened to them in a long time. Only listened to the first LP so far and its pretty good. Definitely the more unfocused Wolf Eyes sound, all shit electronics and tape abuse.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

FreakAnimalFinland

UNIFORM "Assing Critical Silence" tape
USA harsh noise, no computers, minimal gear, all natural sounds says the cover. A4 xerox sheet folded multiple times to fit inside regular tape box. So, who's up to long proper noise tapes? We have C-90 here, with two 45 minutes tracks. Despite very little innovations, I find myself enjoying what I hear. Especially B-side brings some thoughts about older Incapacitants. High pitched and very quick moving surface details, while overall noise appears almost staying still. On first side I got impression there was distorted sound of water? It's also the sound which can get pretty close to synth, yet with unexpected details, going further than "random wave" synth or such.
I think regular album length would do, though. C-40. That's what I recommend! I see Recurring Themes has already released at least two more tapes and he has advertised on this board too.  It did slow me down giving this tape a chance, since thinking it would be "HNW". All the current american HWN projects I have given a try, has failed miserably. I would still like it more if they would accept that atmosphere gets through in less time, which allows to proceed into next sound examination.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashley Choke

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 26, 2012, 10:15:37 PM

Wolf Eyes - River Slaughter (2xLP) - just got this in a trade. I have both of the CD-rs its based off of but haven't listened to them in a long time. Only listened to the first LP so far and its pretty good. Definitely the more unfocused Wolf Eyes sound, all shit electronics and tape abuse.

Quite possible my fav. Wolf Eyes release. Hope you'll grow to love it as much as I do. Agree on this being the more loose side of WE but here I still like to think that they don't go all out CDr retardness, quite focused in it's own dopey way. LP 2 is the real gem so look forward to that

Jaakko V.

Iancu Dumitrescu 'Medium II / Cogito' LP

'Medium II', contrabass solo. 'Cogito' two contrabasses, prepared piano, Javanese gong, crystals and metal objects.

Fantastic work. The potential of basses and objects are utilized to the maximum by bowing, scraping, banging, etc. No traditional plucking. Amazingly rich harmonic resonances, screeches etc. with more sudden types of sonorities. There is no show-offism or hectically "expressive" art gestures, but the work proceeds with a nice pace that lets every element breathe and contribute to the whole. Just the right balance between sound and silence. Very dynamic! The recording quality is quite nice and the sound being very "tactile" and raw, the details of the instruments' materiality come through wonderfully. No obvious effects whatsoever, just some natural reverb. Recommended!

V/A 'Dedication' LP

The New Blockaders, Entre Vifs, Freudwerk, Hanatarash, Hijokaidan, Solmania, Masonna, Incapacitants, AOR

Enough said... Just a really good compilation.

Henrik III

Quote from: JV on January 27, 2012, 11:10:25 AM
Fantastic work. The potential of basses and objects are utilized to the maximum by bowing, scraping, banging, etc. No traditional plucking. Amazingly rich harmonic resonances, screeches etc. with more sudden types of sonorities. There is no show-offism or hectically "expressive" art gestures, but the work proceeds with a nice pace that lets every element breathe and contribute to the whole. Just the right balance between sound and silence. Very dynamic! The recording quality is quite nice and the sound being very "tactile" and raw, the details of the instruments' materiality come through wonderfully.

Grillo is a master of the double bass. I recall his solo record "Fluvine" being very nice also, have to listen to it again.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: KHH on January 27, 2012, 03:07:10 AM

Quite possible my fav. Wolf Eyes release. Hope you'll grow to love it as much as I do. Agree on this being the more loose side of WE but here I still like to think that they don't go all out CDr retardness, quite focused in it's own dopey way. LP 2 is the real gem so look forward to that

Good to hear. I passed this up when I was visiting Hospital years ago and have always regretted it. Plus it's in one of those folded silk-screened jackets Hospital used to do which I really like.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Bleak Existence

The New Sadism - Urge to Kill

Nyodene D

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 27, 2012, 04:10:21 PM
Quote from: KHH on January 27, 2012, 03:07:10 AM

Good to hear. I passed this up when I was visiting Hospital years ago and have always regretted it. Plus it's in one of those folded silk-screened jackets Hospital used to do which I really like.

first noise album i ever heard.  literally life changing. will always appreciate them for this, burned mind and human animal if nothing else

Caltiki

Pogrom - Multicultural Degeneration - [tape]
Perpetrators - Haterape [tape]
Pussyfooter - Rwanda [tape]
Missing Girls - Rista Chathavixay [tape]
Fun in Latex - Bedwetter [tape]
Reptilian Sexual Predator - Racial Segregation Procedure [tape]
Reptilian Sexual Predator - Anticommunion [tape]

Ashley Choke

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 27, 2012, 04:10:21 PM
Plus it's in one of those folded silk-screened jackets Hospital used to do which I really like.

The Hospital artwork of that era is classic. Melting Softly Into Time, N12/Prurient split, TNB Anti-Fest and River Slaughter, all fantastic records with great great graphics and feel. Shame they don't do it like that anymore. Not to keen on the direction the label has headed since