PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREETMEAT

Ashley C. – Trancelike Existence
another great release from this project. title fits the material perfectly.

Ashley Choke

First time someone else did the artwork for one of my releases. Think it compliments the material and title perfectly. Recordings are all pretty old, and was expecting this to sound pretty dated. Final product arrived few weeks ago and actually enjoy it quite alot. All in all release turned out really well and holds up fine.

Couple of tapes on rotation that to me is the essence of true noise music.

Taimour Abdulwhahab - Untitled CS
Obscure underground noise from anonymous Swede. Great lofi room feel, sounds like a suidicebombed subway station. Minimal artwork, no info.

Hum Of The Druid - S/T CS
Superb crunchy noise. So good is quite unbelievable, last couple of months for me has me mostly 80s stuff, this turned me back on the current decade. This is for sure some of the best contemporary noise around.

Niko

Hal Hutchinson - Brutal Mechanics

Decent distorted junk metal assault, kind of what you can expect from him based on the few recent Hal Hutchinson releases.
Nothing surprising, just good harsh noise for fanatics.
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

FreakAnimalFinland

FREE SPEECH SERIES:

These were the L.White label 9  x 3"CD in glass frame series that came back in... 2005? Something like that. It seems weird that so limited (300?) discs are all in stock from label, despite it includes some really killer names.
Today went though 3 of them:

Grey Wolves - starts with song what is basically recycling old GW song, just adding little bonus sounds. Then moves to harder, simpler crushing noise loops, spoken processed vocals etc. Really good disc, much better than I remembered! "Sound of Free Speech" is just track of silence...

Sektio-B - they do what they are know to do. Heavy german industrial, with some militant beats, slow looped vocal samples and few layers of electronics. It's like cleaned up version of Genocide Organ & Rasthof Dachau works, with addition of Sektion-B trademark style of aggressive shouted vocals repeating some simple slogan or word, while taking turns with flanger/phaser malformed spoken vocals. I've said it many times, but I can still say it: They are good in what they do. But they recycle the very same idea from release to another, and makes me wonder should they rather split the vocal duties with more diversity? Not always having several tracks where vocal duties are shared with exact same idea.

Irikarah - two quite heavy duty industrial tracks, following the era of their later cd's, not so much the first two LP's. Last track is something what these days would make people's panties wet, who get their kicks of Cold Cave or such synth tone & drum machine bands...  Not his best, but not worst either. Very thick and heavy sound mixed very "upfront".

Still more to go: Slogun, Con-Dom/ACL, Rasthof Dachau, Strom.ec, Survival Unit, ....and Grunt!  It's has been very nice day to finally after many years give these releases some playtime.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ironfistofthesun

RBE box set
...old recordings from early tapes...2xlp 1 x 7" 1 x cd..zine postcards and badges . Primitive synth/ drum machine ...very well put together release, good documentation even though the music is a little "light" in places !   

Sutcliffe Jugend ..with extreme prejudice cd.
Not many talking about this so far?? Well im guessing it will have many running to pull the plug on their cd players. I dont mind it, there are a few tracks that i feel should not be included on this cd, and was a little perplexed to hear that SJ are using the "time stretched"  noise technique used in later period whitehouse! Overall though i did quite enjoy it! It certainly displays a wide range of recording elements and has been captured very professionally witch is always welcome! KT vocal delivery can be a bit too operatic at times!

Will over Matter
Lust for knowlege/ might of the planet eater cd/ 2 x cd's
Very ,very unusual !!! I had to play a few times just to get my head round these cd's just to process what I was hearing! A combo of well sequenced IDM'esq computer music with live feedback signal processing and well recorded vocals..The strangest point for me was the low quality of bit rate on the computer music, this combined with very, very good recorded acoustic material.
I only have one release by Ride for revenge and as i understand it its a solo project from one of its members?
Well it is 100% unique! Problem is with unique, it wont be for everyone, I however think its great and would file it next to other new weird-wave-fin-industrial.. Cloama/sick seed/haare !

FreakAnimalFinland

SJ cd is most definitely among their best of latest "come back".
Some of the stuff sounds goofy, not brutal. At the best they are when they calm down. The Whitehouse "tribute song" indeed is pretty weird. I like combination of sounds to droning tonality, but it's still weird they end up taking pretty 1:1 idea from Whitehouse/Consumer Electronics...

RG

Lurker of Chalice - s/t 2LP
6-7 years later and this is still a favorite. Bizarre, dark, & hypnotic. Wrest is a supremely talented musician (Leviathan's Massive Conspiracy Against All Life is another favorite)

Neurosis - Sovereign mLP
Good material but of course doesn't compare to full lengths. Some nice trademark monumental "doomy" riffs and lots of atmospherics. Signpost of where they were heading.

Urfaust - Verräterischer, Nichtswürdiger Geist 2LP
Ehhh...at one time I liked this. Not so much any more. Going in the trade/sale box.

Nurse With Wound - Second Pirate Session - Rock'N Roll Station Special Edition LP
Got this in a trade many years ago. Listened once and never again. Gave it another listen today...going in the trade/sale box.

Blue Sabbath Black Cheer - various vinyl and tapes
3-4 years ago when I started really getting into noise/pe I liked this group a lot and bought quite a few of their releases. Now when I listen, I wonder what attracted me to them in the first place...? I still like some material but it's not stuff that I'm going to pull off the shelf very often and I can definitely eliminate the bulk of what I own. It seems like for a few years they saturated the market with too many releases and it all started sounding the same.

Ex.Order - Broadcast 23 LP
Mania - Grotesque Mirth 7"
Sick Seed - Man and Machine 7"

Nyodene D

Quote from: RG on February 12, 2012, 10:36:30 AM
6-7 years later and this is still a favorite. Bizarre, dark, & hypnotic. Wrest is a supremely talented musician (Leviathan's Massive Conspiracy Against All Life is another favorite)

I've heard that Massive Conspiracy was intended to be the second LoC full-length but ended up being released as Leviathan because of contractual reasons.

FreakAnimalFinland

Huh.. that new Sektor 304 just kills!! Its better in everything where previous had some flaws. I suspect best industrial album of 2012, even if we still have 10 more months to go...

RyanWreck

Hmm. There are few CD's I have actually broke or thrown away and Soul Cleansing is one of them. Found it used at the local Hastings listened to the first 3 tracks and threw it out the window at a stop light.

Nyodene D

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 12, 2012, 10:54:43 PM
Huh.. that new Sektor 304 just kills!! Its better in everything where previous had some flaws. I suspect best industrial album of 2012, even if we still have 10 more months to go...

absolutely.  If i make a year-end list for 2012, it'll be in the top 5, even though it came out on Dec 27, 2011.

bitewerksMTB

Blue Sabbath Black Cheer - various vinyl and tapes

I heard a few things & liked'em but after looking at how much they've released, I never picked anything up. Still, sort of, curious about a full-length or 2 but not all of
those split releases!

icepick method

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 12, 2012, 10:54:43 PM

Track 3 on the new album is total Dissecting Table homage.
Industrial-noise zine archive http://shock-corridor.blogspot.com

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Nyodene D on February 12, 2012, 10:28:26 PM
Quote from: RG on February 12, 2012, 10:36:30 AM

I've heard that Massive Conspiracy was intended to be the second LoC full-length but ended up being released as Leviathan because of contractual reasons.

What I understand was it was originally a Leviathan album, but then there was beef with Moribund Records and wanted to take it to Battle Kommand and release it LoC. Moribund threatened to sue Leviathan and BK so eventually Moribund did release it as a Leviathan album. The CD text on the CD shows up with the LoC track titles though.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Speaking of Leviathan is Wrest still in Jail for beating and tattoo gun fucking his girlfriend?