PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hsv

Bo Törnros - Evighet: Det är ett rike på andra sidan tiden (Coniunction)

Minimal but moody & atmoshperic industrial built around simple rythms, droning bass and discreet mid- and high textures. Very monotonous but keeps up the interest with subtle changes and small clashes in rythm and pulse between the different sounds. The B-side is my favorite, it almost sounds like dark, extremely minimalistic psych-rock, reminiscent of the Hellvete tape on Abisko, or perhaps a much more minimal version of later, gothic style Street Drinkers. The tape is a bit short but the song lengths are pretty perfect, especially the B-side, such a hit single haha.

tiny_tove

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 03, 2012, 09:59:31 AM

TREPANERINGSRITUALEN "deathward to the womb" 10"
Pure enjoyment!! Suffocating sound, throb of synths, vocals, gloomy atmospheres, ritualistic wibes. Sounds "old", but not retarded retro style imitating someone. Hoping to re-stock soon ...and strongly recommended !

I have very high expectations on these
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

P-K

diSEMBOWELMENT 3xlp ......from slow doom to no-nonsense death , nice!

Staalkracht

Listening to these gems right now:

Megaptera – The Curse Of The Scarecrow
Steel Hook Prostheses – Light Reflected From A Cold Cutting Table
Bagman – Pan Sadean Discord

Jarl

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on April 04, 2012, 12:44:15 PM
Quote from: Matthias on April 04, 2012, 11:36:43 AM
Anna Själv Tredje - Tussilago Fanfara
Joakim Skogsberg - Jola Rota

Two swedish gems I've never really checked out until now. Tussilago Fanfara has been described as the only swedish krautrock album ever made, and being from 1977 I think this stands up fairly well side by side with some of the german classics from that era actually. Very, very good kosmische music, which never really "rocks out" but relies more on subtle shiftings and atmosphere. Some guitar but mostly just synthesizers. Almost a spooky feeling to the overall sound, spacey yet down to earth. Jola Rota by Skogsberg, from 1971, is something completely different. Weirdo folk music with plenty of vocal humming. Hard to describe really, but very intriguing stuff. I guess I'll have to stick with mp3s of both, but I think Jola Rota was reissued on cd by a japanese label a couple of years ago.

Thanks for that. I love "krautrock" (especialy freak folk) music from Scandinavian countries. Several years  ago I discovered such groups like: Furekaaben or Föreningen Til Livets Beskyttelse (both from Denmark). Very great bands, as all scene in this country then. I must check mentioned artists from Sweden...

All tracks from Anna Själv Tredje - Tussilago Fanfara is uploaded on Youtube. Beside this Lp, they also apeared on a compilation Lp. To bad Silence records hasn't re-released this Lp on Cd.

XXX

Quote from: tiny_tove on April 04, 2012, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 03, 2012, 09:59:31 AM

TREPANERINGSRITUALEN "deathward to the womb" 10"
Pure enjoyment!! Suffocating sound, throb of synths, vocals, gloomy atmospheres, ritualistic wibes. Sounds "old", but not retarded retro style imitating someone. Hoping to re-stock soon ...and strongly recommended !

I have very high expectations on these

seems no one has said one negative thing about this release.

RyanWreck

Wasn't a huge fan of that Streetcleaner (I got the download from his site, in the link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHjeROjqlYA ). It's a lot like Control, later Deathpile and some other early 00's American style contemporary PE which I can't really get into.

Today:

Hal Hutchinson - Taste of Iron - This type of junk worshipping metal abuse never gets old for me. In recent times this tape along with the "Sonno Ferrum" compilation take the award for most spins in my cassette player. The latest Pogrom LP's alternating tracks of clean junk abuse are outstanding as well and I'm working on a proper review for the Stench on that so I won't go into it here. But Hal, at least here, isn't as violent as what a lot of the other great artists of junk/metal are doing (for example Mania or Coma Detox) where material expresses a lot of violence and sometimes a loss of the senses, this feels more methodical and clinical even when a lot is going on it still feels like it has more of a specific course that it is set out on than just awesome sheer brutality. I don't think there is any effects or production "tweaks" used here, just pure, concrete, acoustics. It is almost relaxing.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: RyanWreck on April 04, 2012, 08:04:57 AM
Custodian – "Faults In The Structure" fucking good, one of my favorite from him. I have refereed to this as anxiety attack put to tape and I still feel that way. It shifts around a lot, a very quick cassette with lots of pedal work and mid-range tones sweeping back and forth and getting cut up and put back together and cut up again. Very high recommendation on that one but I lost the fucking J-card ugh!

Best part is, is that Jon uses 1 or 2 pedals at the most.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

kettu

Quote from: RyanWreck on April 05, 2012, 03:47:10 AM
In recent times this tape along with the "Sonno Ferrum" compilation take the award for most spins in my cassette player.

I wanted to make a live thing available on bandcamp but the file is too big. everyone exept the lone star guy was included.

P-K

Mörkermännen  2xcdr......did some great stuff !

andy vomit

Quote from: RyanWreck on April 05, 2012, 03:47:10 AM

Hal Hutchinson - Taste of Iron - .... It is almost relaxing.

agreed 100%.  the first time i listened to it, i was driving down new england back roads in the middle of the night.. it was almost soothing.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: Peterson on April 05, 2012, 09:05:32 PM
Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on April 05, 2012, 05:09:45 PM
Quote from: RyanWreck on April 04, 2012, 08:04:57 AM
Custodian – "Faults In The Structure" fucking good, one of my favorite from him. I have refereed to this as anxiety attack put to tape and I still feel that way. It shifts around a lot, a very quick cassette with lots of pedal work and mid-range tones sweeping back and forth and getting cut up and put back together and cut up again. Very high recommendation on that one but I lost the fucking J-card ugh!

Best part is, is that Jon uses 1 or 2 pedals at the most.

Same here.

But can your whole setup fit in a small backpack?

That's the real beauty of Custodian.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

acsenger

Magma - Köhntarkösz

Not sure how many on this forum know/like Magma... it's hard to explain what sort of music they play. Some kind of weird mix of prog rock, Carl Orff and several other influences... The first part of Köhntarkösz is some of the most desolate music I've ever heard.

Jaakko V.

Quote from: theotherjohn on April 06, 2012, 09:55:36 AM
Quote from: acsenger on April 06, 2012, 05:38:23 AM
Magma - Köhntarkösz

Not sure how many on this forum know/like Magma... it's hard to explain what sort of music they play. Some kind of weird mix of prog rock, Carl Orff and several other influences... The first part of Köhntarkösz is some of the most desolate music I've ever heard.

Magma are great! Most of their records are worth checking out, especially the Köhntarkösz trilogy. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a copy of their limited edition Studio Zund box set whilst it was available - a record shop in a nearby city was selling them brand new for £40 at one point! Now it sells for about 5 times that, ack...

Basically Magma is really good at times, but I just have really hard time digesting some of the vocals.

Another Magma influenced band which I worship was Ur Kaos from Sweden. Their sound is rawer, more punky and more 'industrial', more hypnotic and I guess somewhat darker, but with clear Magma/Zeuhl influences, maybe a hint of Univers Zero there as well. Their S/T debut is a good place to start if interested.

andy vomit

Nyrkki & Kyrpä III
US Bestial Forces

both great.  i fucking LOVE the S.T.A.B. Electronics track "feminist kneejerk reaction" on N&KIII.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com