PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanWreck

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on April 05, 2012, 05:09:45 PM
Quote from: RyanWreck on April 04, 2012, 08:04:57 AM
Custodian – "Faults In The Structure" fucking good, one of my favorite from him. I have refereed to this as anxiety attack put to tape and I still feel that way. It shifts around a lot, a very quick cassette with lots of pedal work and mid-range tones sweeping back and forth and getting cut up and put back together and cut up again. Very high recommendation on that one but I lost the fucking J-card ugh!

Best part is, is that Jon uses 1 or 2 pedals at the most.

I didn't expect a ton of pedals (I didn't think he only had 1 or 2 on that tape though! I picture a pedal board with like 5-6) because it doesn't sound like there is a whole lot of variation in the sounds themselves, but it feels like he uses the pedals he does have, a lot on that tape. But I did not expect just 1 or 2, I was thinking like a pedal board of like 5.

That's the real beauty of Custodian.

For me the beauty is in the way he seems to work around one type of sound in a hundred different ways in one track without sounding dumb or artsy/progressive or being shoved into the stupid "cut-up" category. Custodian, to me, is one of the best Harsh Noise artists active right now next to Wince.

Gonna pop the split with Mania in since I have never really listened in depth to his side.

STREETMEAT

Quote from: andy vomit on April 06, 2012, 06:24:54 PM
Nyrkki & Kyrpä III

both great.  i fucking LOVE the S.T.A.B. Electronics track "feminist kneejerk reaction" on N&KIII.

i was pretty happy with how that comp came out. good number of projects i havent heard before but still amazing!

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: RyanWreck on April 06, 2012, 07:37:18 PM
Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on April 05, 2012, 05:09:45 PM
Quote from: RyanWreck on April 04, 2012, 08:04:57 AM
Custodian – "Faults In The Structure" fucking good, one of my favorite from him. I have refereed to this as anxiety attack put to tape and I still feel that way. It shifts around a lot, a very quick cassette with lots of pedal work and mid-range tones sweeping back and forth and getting cut up and put back together and cut up again. Very high recommendation on that one but I lost the fucking J-card ugh!

Best part is, is that Jon uses 1 or 2 pedals at the most.

I didn't expect a ton of pedals (I didn't think he only had 1 or 2 on that tape though! I picture a pedal board with like 5-6) because it doesn't sound like there is a whole lot of variation in the sounds themselves, but it feels like he uses the pedals he does have, a lot on that tape. But I did not expect just 1 or 2, I was thinking like a pedal board of like 5.

That's the real beauty of Custodian.

For me the beauty is in the way he seems to work around one type of sound in a hundred different ways in one track without sounding dumb or artsy/progressive or being shoved into the stupid "cut-up" category. Custodian, to me, is one of the best Harsh Noise artists active right now next to Wince.

Gonna pop the split with Mania in since I have never really listened in depth to his side.

He has 1-2 pedals in general, the shaker, and a mixer (sometimes)? I don't know what his current rig is, but last I checked thats how he was rocking out.

I agree with you on that and thats what I meant. He has like 4 items in his rig and he does 1000000000000000 different things. Its incredible, especially from a live perspective. Same thing goes for performing along side with him as well.

Also, wait until the Disgust 7" drops.......Jon does industrial loops, as well as excellent harsh noise......and he does vocals on the B side which slay.

And Oskar has been killing it for some time. "Ass" is a perfect No Coast Harsh Noise release!
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

RyanWreck

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on April 06, 2012, 08:48:45 PM

And Oskar has been killing it for some time. "Ass" is a perfect No Coast Harsh Noise release!

I always thought that the stuff prior to him starting WCN, Vasovagal Syncope and on, were more "Wall" oriented? I have Buried Rage somewhere but can't remember what it sounded like but I do remember that I didn't really like it, which is probably why I don't know where it's at.

Speaking of the No Coast style, anyone know if Male Compliments is still active or was just a one time deal?

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: Peterson on April 06, 2012, 08:55:59 PM
Yes, my setup easily fits in my backpack. The whole point of Repeater is to do as many variations on analog noise as possible with small setup. Tiny synth, two pedals, sometimes three, into FX mod, then into 4-channel mixer, out to amp and/or tape deck. I'm not saying I am better than or even as good as Custodian. Just that we are similar and that's why I like his stuff.

That is badass! Into small setups myself. Kudos to you sir!

Quote from: RyanWreck on April 06, 2012, 11:34:24 PM

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on April 06, 2012, 08:48:45 PM

I always thought that the stuff prior to him starting WCN, Vasovagal Syncope and on, were more "Wall" oriented? I have Buried Rage somewhere but can't remember what it sounded like but I do remember that I didn't really like it, which is probably why I don't know where it's at.

Speaking of the No Coast style, anyone know if Male Compliments is still active or was just a one time deal?

Some of Oskar's earlier stuff is more wallish, BUT "Ass" is simply amazing. Ugly, ugly, ugly. The feedback that starts off the B side is outrageous. Not only that but the packaging was/is brilliant.

Male Compliments cassette is supposed to be reissued on Trash Ritual, with a B side of some new material.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

FreakAnimalFinland

KLEISTWAHR "Myth" and "Arsonicide" LP's
Great stuff.  Arsonicide is more like Ramleh type, with delay effect, vocals and raw feedback noise.  "Myth" is more instrumental. Raw feedback/electronic, delay pedal overdose. All appears simple live recordings and especially on Arsonicide it appears to be like "2 track" recording. One channel has different things than the other. Basically often one with vocals/feedback, other with noise.

Two more of these goodies coming! No complaints of full Broken Flag re-issues on LP !
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

If gear can't find into a small tool bag or backpack, then I won't use it.

NP:

DIOCLETIAN war of all against all LP- for what they do, they do it the best.

RyanWreck

Yea, I'm in search of Chaude-Pisse too, as well as Nerves. So if anyone has an extra after contacting Mack first then let me know.

I have Buried Rage somewhere. If I can find it I will sell it or trade it if anyone is interested.

bitewerksMTB

Custodian's track on US BESTIAL FORCES is pretty good despite a sort of annoying loop that sounds like a woman? And the way it ends. Great vocal-sounding noise makes it for me.

Custodian did a pretty good collab track with my sources that I hope he uses on something one of these days...

SKY BURIAL

Portion Control- I Staggered Mentally
Portion Control- Simulate Sensual

lungwash

Quote from: RyanWreck on April 09, 2012, 10:32:09 PM
Yea, I'm in search of Chaude-Pisse too, as well as Nerves.

Pretty sure Nerves is still available from the label.

KILLED

Currently listening to:

Nightmares (Jonathan Canady) 7"
Siege - "Drop Dead" LP
Slogun - "Bloody Roots" CD
Slogun / Sickness "Always Numb" CD
Unsane - 'Wreck' LP
Hydra - 'Anal Test' 7"
Hydra - 'Power' CD
Final Solution - "Do As You're Told" 7"
Final Solution - "Rape Session" 7"
Tangerine Dream - 'Early Years" CD compilation
Death Squad - "Fucked In The USA" Mini CD

Reprobate

Cult of Youth- s/t lp
Di6- but what ends when the symbols shatter?
new order- low-life
cocteau twins- treasure
depeche mode- violator

Bleak Existence

Piss Horn - hatred mountain

ConcreteMascara

John Carpenter & Alan Howarth - Escape from NY Soundtrack (CD)
So good. That old school synth sound. Also there's cowbell on a lot of the tracks!

Arkhe - It Is the Curse of Dimensionality (Cassette)
Not too far removed from Pestdemon. Very organic tracks which evolve nicely. Can't wait for the next release

Bizarre Uproar - Viha & Kiima (LP)
This is growing on me more and more.

Meshuggah - Koloss (CD)
This has been spending a lot of time in my CD player. Not the best Meshuggah release but really solid. A lot of slower, sludgier songs. If you still listen to Meshuggah I'd recommend checking this out. The drumming is really fantastic on this album.

Prurient & Nicole 12 - Love & Romance (LP)
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512