PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley Choke

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on April 11, 2012, 03:09:25 AM

Prurient & Nicole 12 - Love & Romance (LP)

Some of the best material from both projects. I miss the old Prurient. N12 outro is priceless

locustfurnace

CROWD CONTROL "s/t"  7"
ZOM "s/t"  Cassette
STAB ELECTRONICS "The Non Alliant II"  LP
PRODEATH / SILENT ABUSE / BIZARRE UPROAR "Live"  Cassette
PRODEATH "Demo #1"  Cassette
REPULSION "Horrified"  LP
WINTER "Into Darkness"  LP
CODE OF SILENCE "s/t"  Cassette
BREATHING PROBLEM  "Kimberly"  Cassette
BREATHING PROBLEM  "Persian Brown"  Cassette
GOATMOON  "Death Before Dishonour"  CD

RyanWreck

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on April 11, 2012, 03:09:25 AM

Bizarre Uproar - Viha & Kiima (LP)
This is growing on me more and more.

This one took a bit for me too. I love it now with the exception of one track on there, I don't remember which but it is pretty much a wall of mid-range for like 8 minutes.

RyanWreck

Listening to the Mortuary tape I scored a few weeks back. It's fucking great, just the type of early Death Metal I love. A definite Thrash influence, no groove crap, rhythm based and fast. I generally prefer rasp early Black Metal vocals or shouted Thrash/Crossover type vocals way more than guttural. I can name the bands who have good guttural vocals on one hand, and Mortuary is definitely on that hand. As a side note I don't consider bands like Possessed, Death (at least the early stuff that I like) or Pestilence as really being "guttural" like we see on this album or a lot of the more brutal Death Metal of its time. Vocally these guys do as good as Obituary on their best album, "Slowly We Rot" or Bolt Thrower on any of their amazing albums.

Best tracks on the Mortuary album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxt-XXsnzE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hESIFGgq63k

Matthias

Chromatics - Kill For Love CD (IDIB)
Ride For Revenge - Under The Eye Tape (Kvlt)
One Dark Eye - Manic Depression CD (Ljud & Bild)

P-K

Quote from: Matthias on April 13, 2012, 12:11:43 PM
Ride For Revenge - Under The Eye Tape (Kvlt)

just received the lp, f'n great imho

hannes

Källarbarnen - s/t (GBC) Not my favourite release by Källarbarnen but still very good.
VA - Port Out, Starboard Home (Posh Isolation) Been playing this alot the last couple of weeks. Really enjoyed Caucasian Colony ft. Amphetamine Logic, Forza Albino, Puce Mary and Olymphia.

RG

Mgła – With Hearts Toward None LP
Outstanding. THIS is the album I was hoping for 3-4 years ago when Groza came out. I gave that album several chances but it's always been a disappointment; after some amazing EPs, they went and changed style and released a bloodless debut. When With Hearts Toward None was announced I was curious, as I'm still a huge fan of all the stuff before Groza, and when the song sample was made available my interest really shot up. I knew this album would be good, but ohhhh goddamn it's fucking incredible! These songs just hammer away with that same feverish & ecstatic delivery/tempo that's present in the pre-Groza material. This guy is a master at creating a certain frantic, euphoric feeling where if feels as if things are right at the breaking point, but then holds that sensation and draws it out over the course of the song. The guitarwork here is really impressive, the weaving of riffs in certain spots is so good that I got goosebumps and it's been a while since I've had that feeling while listening to music. It's been quite a few years since a new black metal release got me this excited. I mean, the 12" mLP and two 7"s are great and I hold them in high regard, but this album is on another level.

ARKHE

drinking with a friend tonight... some of these played:
Immolation - Here In After
Gorguts - From Wisdom To Hate
Macronympha - Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Arson Project -whatever
some Residents
Funeral Mist - Salvation
MK9 - 3" cd
KOEFF - 3" cd on Unrest whatever it's called
Silentist
Heinz Hopf
fuck yes

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: ARKHE on April 14, 2012, 01:10:30 AM
Funeral Mist - Salvation

fuck yes

Awesome to see someone else mentioning this cd. I'll never forget listening to it for the first time and it blew me away. Some of the best vocals ive ever heard in black metal. Shame the follow up was utter shit.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

P-K

Le Syndicat : maximalist cd......on the shelf for a long time, never really 'got it'....now i quite like it. hypnotic minimalist techno. very similar tracks lol....

ARKHE

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on April 14, 2012, 05:39:51 AM
Quote from: ARKHE on April 14, 2012, 01:10:30 AM
Funeral Mist - Salvation

fuck yes

Awesome to see someone else mentioning this cd. I'll never forget listening to it for the first time and it blew me away. Some of the best vocals ive ever heard in black metal. Shame the follow up was utter shit.

It's insane, that's what it is. Next to late Armagedda and early Bathory the best BM this bloody country has summoned.

bitewerksMTB

Yeah, "Salvation" is insane. Love the artwork. I like the follow-up but miss the vocals are missing the intensity of "Salvation". It has great art too.

RG

V/A - Port Out, Starboard Home 2x tape comp
Concrete Mascara - The Answer In The Ashes tape
Code of Silence tape
Coma Detox - Volatile Debasement tape <----I forgot how good this one is

Quote from: Si Clark on April 13, 2012, 02:43:27 PM
Code of Silence - Untitled (Filth & Violence)

I have been listening to this tape a lot over the last couple of days. Really impressive noise with vocals that are quite buried beneath the filth but are still a welcome addition. A lot going on and most importantly it's interesting throughout. A short tape at about 14 minutes but definitely worth getting. Has anyone else heard this yet?

Ya 14 minute playtime may scare some people away from purchasing but it's a solid 14 minutes. It sounds like "older" Bizarre Uproar but instead of PE vocals it has vocal sounds that have been looped/delayed, down pitch-shifted, and buried in the mix.

As far as Funeral Mist...yes Salvation is great of course, but I don't think Maranatha is nearly as bad as most seem to think. There was a weird backlash at the time it came out, probably a reaction to all the hype (he had recently joined Marduk as well, so was getting a lot of attention). It is lacking something though, compared to Salvation. There's something special about that one that they won't be able to replicate.

davenpdx

Today:

Whitehouse - "Total Sex"
Organum - "Volume One" compilation CD (Robot Records)

plus various Arv & Miljö tracks available online (http://arvmiljo.tumblr.com). Impressive grimy industrial noise... definitely want to track down some of their physical releases now.
Mystery Attacks: updates / sounds
Rouge Label: updates