PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

John Carpenter - Escape From New York OST- finally found my LP after digging around 2 different times.

Found the ALIEN ost LP first & gave it a listen. Has some creepy sounds. One of my fave films.

Nyodene D

Ryan, the Sick Seed is good.  Very minimal song structure, but doesn't get boring despite fairly lengthy tracks. Not as good as The Great Corrupter, but still a strong release with great art by Tisbor.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 28, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
John Carpenter - Escape From New York OST
That's a great OST.  They released an extended edition in 2005.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

ConcreteMascara

Yeah, that's the one I have. What I'd really like to pick up is the 2xCD edition of the Prince of Darkness OST.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

nyarluna

Skullflower "Circulos Vitiosus Deus"

Ahlzagailzehguh "Memory and Hearing"

Ke Hil "Hellstation"

Black Sabbath 1st 6 LPs

Human Skin Lanterns "Skin Stripperess"

whateverforever

Getting down on some recent Dumpster Score releases: genre bending electronics with metal/synth/tapes/etc.

Legless/Lavas Magmas/Regosphere 3"cdr
Regosphere/Harold Shipman cdr
Lavas Magmas "Dark Mantle" cs

Also:
Sterile Garden "composite" cs - nice lo-fi tape collage ala Jeph Jerman, Eric Lunde etc.
Virile Games "New Legion" 2xcs - fucking perfect.

SKY BURIAL

Modern English- Mesh and Lace
and first 4 singles

locustfurnace

BACCHUS  "s/t"  LP
DISMEMBER  "Pieces"  CASSETTE
SLAYER  "Live in Holland '85"  MP3s
REVERSE BAPTISM  "Live at Strange Matter - Cheapfest III - Oct 22 2011"  MP3s
REVERSE BAPTISM  "Street Business"  CASSETTE
V/A  "Shit Attack Compilation Vol. 1"  CASSETTE
REPARTIENDO CHUPETES / PUS  "Brutal Bodeguila"  CASSETTE
GRUNT  "RRRecycled"  CASSETTE
V/A  "The Sound Of Sadism"  CD
WHITE MEDAL  "Tread The Earth"  CASSETTE
STRONGBLOOD  "The Beaten Paths of Youth"  MP3s
CORRUPTED / BLACK ARMY JACKET  "Homosexual Ejacutado!"  7"
CORRUPTED  "Se Hace Por Los Suenos Asesinos"  LP
RIVOLOGI  "Demo 2008"  CDr
RIVOLOGI / S.A.D.O.S.  "Aamuruskon Pojat & Tyttäret"  CASSETTE

SiClark

Quote from: locustfurnace on May 02, 2012, 01:52:28 PM

Where did you get the live mp3s from? I received the Street Business tape a few days ago and it is really good! Well worth the wait. What do you think of it?

locustfurnace

Quote from: Si Clark on May 02, 2012, 04:28:01 PM
Quote from: locustfurnace on May 02, 2012, 01:52:28 PM

Where did you get the live mp3s from? I received the Street Business tape a few days ago and it is really good! Well worth the wait. What do you think of it?

I ripped it myself off the video on Vimeo : http://vimeo.com/31584303
I got it in the first batch that came out so only have side A....total joke, shame as the sounds are good. The cover reminds me of a early 90's south american or spanish noisecore tape for some reason ha ha

SiClark

Yeah, my tape only has tracks on the first side. Is there definitely supposed to be tracks on both? I just assumed it was one sided as it's about 30 minutes of material. Thanks for the link to the live show.

RyanWreck

Been listening to Vala a couple times today (well, the actual Noise tape and the "Dragon" speech once) and I like it more and more each time. I wasn't a huge fan of it at first but it has definitely grown on me. I still stand by the opinion that there should have been 2 more tracks instead of 2 spoken word pieces, and I have always been a fan of spoken word but it is a bit much here I would have preferred some sounds over it ala "Nigger Dog".

Flesh Spear - Raping Soil (Posh Isolation) - I think I may have given this a small review somewhere deep in this thread, but I don't remember so here is another short one. Flesh Spear blasts out two 7 minute tracks, one per side, of raw Noisecore. The closest comparisons I can give are Funeral Mongoloids and Ritual Hate, the latter is a Noisecore band from the states. This features the usual blasting drums, guttural grind vocals and quick tracks with some stop/pause button switching, but not between every little 10-30 second blast some just charge onward for a few "songs". Outside of the drums I'm quite sure that there is no traditional rock instruments being used here, just pedals twisting feedback and currents of static buried under tape hiss. If you like the bands I mentioned or stuff like Tortured Hooker then I would highly suggest this tape.

locustfurnace

Quote from: Si Clark on May 02, 2012, 05:32:22 PM
Yeah, my tape only has tracks on the first side. Is there definitely supposed to be tracks on both? I just assumed it was one sided as it's about 30 minutes of material. Thanks for the link to the live show.

The man himself crumer (spelling?) was on the noise board a few months back claiming it was a two sided tape an the first batch were made by one of the girls who forgot to do the second side and he was gonna make right on it and we're all getting a free copy of the vinyl when it's release blah blah blah blah....you get the gist :) I tried getting a download of side b but that was a waste of time...

ConcreteMascara

Various - Nyrkki ja kyrpa III (Cassette) - This is fucking great. Still doesn't top Vol I for me, but I prefer it to II. The Shift track is devastating. Everything Shift has done from Bulk onwards has really been top notch! Also Digging the SSRI and Bagman tracks especially.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on May 02, 2012, 06:43:23 PM
Various - Nyrkki ja kyrpa III (Cassette) - Still doesn't top Vol I for me, but I prefer it to II. The Shift track is devastating. Everything Shift has done from Bulk onwards has really been top notch! Also Digging the SSRI and Bagman tracks especially.

Really? I loved tape II, it had 2 Coma tracks, Mania, you, Mortuario, an amazing Snuff track, etc. I don't even remember tape I, I just remember I liked Grunt's tracks. I'm excited to get III from the Dark Sessions guy (speaking of which, how is his track?) soon I hope. I loved Antipakt and am happy to see that they are doing more stuff. I've never been a huge fan of Bagman which may come as a surprise to some people considering the type of stuff I do like and the subject matter I prefer.