PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HONOR_IS_KING!

Concrete Mascara - Excess Takes Its Toll
This is my first listening to Concrete Mascara and I have to say I'm enjoying it very much. An eclectic variety of PE tracks, ranging from harsh noise/feedback worship to heavy beat/rhythm based tracks. Vocals jump around at different levels throughout the tracks which I enjoy, always encourages you to listen that much closer!

Everyday Loneliness - Recontextualizations
I am quite close to go out on a limb and say that I may like this project more then Pedestrian Deposit. Excellent, heavy hiss, cassette manipulation bliss. Tape on tapes on tapes. Always a warm glow, with excellent transitions and use of tape loops. I love the sound of a beautiful decay. Apparently this was based off of older material, but sounds completely new to me.

Swarm Survival - Heavy Losses
New No Coast PE act that focuses mainly on high end and feedback worship. The first side actually sounds like a swarm of Locusts. Vocals are maddening and the B side of the tape probably makes this release the loudest cassette that has been put out on Fusty Cunt. Extremely curious and interested in seeing where this guy takes things. No Coast fans take note!
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

RyanWreck

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on May 14, 2012, 01:50:44 AM
Concrete Mascara - Excess Takes Its Toll
This is my first listening to Concrete Mascara and I have to say I'm enjoying it very much. An eclectic variety of PE tracks, ranging from harsh noise/feedback worship to heavy beat/rhythm based tracks. Vocals jump around at different levels throughout the tracks which I enjoy, always encourages you to listen that much closer!

Really looking forward to getting this in hand. If you haven't heard any CM I would definitely suggest you check out the release he did for Untergeschoss.

This morning just listened to half the A-side of "Nyrkki & Kyrpä III" and holy shit, what a great compilation. I don't think anyone really had to push a release from F&V so I'll just give my 2 cents on a few of the better tracks. Some of the artist who I never really cared for stick out on this, and the artist who I do enjoy really stick out. The best tracks so far are SSRI, metal smashing speedy Harsh Noise, Antipakt with a sample/victim tape played out atop overblown distorted wash of basement crunch, Dark Sessions has a great Power Electronics style and I really hope to hear a lot more from him and, surprisingly, Bagman who I am not a huge fan of outside of this track.

FreakAnimalFinland

PURIENT "Time's Arrow" tape
At first I thought this is the widely trashed new album... but no. That was Bermuda Drain which I have yet to hear. Perhaps thanks to short misunderstanding, thinking this caused all the polemic & dislike, and maybe partially therefore, I didn't find this bad at all. A-side most certainly is just electro music, but that's nothing new to Prurient. Now actually compositions are much better than in many recordings which appeared to be very lazy.
B-side tracks are better. Especially two latter ones belong among the most interesting Prurient tracks since for some time! Making some pretty innovative sound manipulations without forgetting fierce noise elements.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Bleak Existence

Mania - miserable disposition

Brad

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 14, 2012, 06:55:48 PM
A-side most certainly is just electro music, but that's nothing new to Prurient.

How many electro music releases does Prurient have now?

ConcreteMascara

Depends on how far you want to stretch the term.... but I'd say from Cocaine Death on a lot of Prurient material has been dominated by increasingly melodic synth work.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

audiodissection

The New Blockaders "Schadenklang" LP
Every new TNB release turn me into an enthusiastic kid, but my good expectations were a bit betrayed, at least during the first half of side A, where even if classic tradmark TNB sounds are present there, the whole seems to me rather chaotic with a kind of free improvisation feeling that become a bit boring after a short while. Luckly after my initial disorientation things get better.
The first minute of B side should be worth having the LP, but that is just the start. Piles over piles of metal junk supremacy that have no competitors out there. HEAVY.

Tongue Knax "Thee Grand Fidelty" C30
No surprise here. Pure ear piercing dominating feedback with unrelating dense noise and lowend rumble in the vein of previous works. Very high quality recording let fully appreciate the wide damagin' frequency spectrum.

locustfurnace

GODFLESH  "Streetcleaner"  LP 
AUTOPSY  "Mental Funeral"  LP
JK FLESH  "Posthuman"  MP3s
TORTURE CHAIN "Time is But a Doorway to the Incinerator"  MP3s
V/A "Songs From The Darkroom"  CDr
VAPAUDENRISTI  "Demo 2010"  MP3s
MALEVOLENT CREATION  "The Ten Commandments"  LP
PHAROAHE MONCH  "Internal Affairs"  MP3s
JUDGMENT  "Perfect Murder"  CASSETTE
OFDOOM  "Evoked From Grave"  CASSETTE
CHLOROFORM RAPIST  "Untitled"  CASSETTE
PITCH SHIFTER "The 1990 Demos"  MP3s
PITCH SHIFTER "Peel Sessions '91 & '93"  MP3s
GRAVE  "Extremely Rotten Demos"  2xLP
ABUSE PATTERNS  "Reproducing the Pathology"  CASSETTE
BIZARRE UPROAR  "Viha & Kiima"  LP

RyanWreck

Taint - "Justmeat" (1995) - This will always remain somewhere in the top 10 of my favorite Noise/PE/Industrial releases ever, as would "Indecent Liberties". There is an identifiable yet somewhat slight change of sound, from the earlier Taint to what he would become in the mid to late 90's, which can be heard here. I've reviewed this enough times to not have to do it again. The best tracks are "Boy Rape", "Bathroom Cock", "Justmeat" and "Torture Toy".

Taint - "Scopotophilia" (1994) - I had not ever heard this up until yesterday when I finally received a copy in the mail (I assume it was second generation considering the low price I paid). It is very good, I really enjoy this early style Taint stuff like "Strange Feeling, Shit Coming", "B.A.T", and "Prey". The sounds are more leaned towards Industrial with junk/metal abuse and some samples that Taint would eventually use on a ton of his releases and would become almost a staple of his sound. This earlier sound is what I was referring to in the "Justmeat" review.

RyanWreck

Mortuario - Necrofilia/Propaganda (2011) - Ever since hearing the track on the great "Nyrkki & Kyrpä II" compilation I have been searching high and low for a physical release from this mysterious South American. Well, someone on my forums pointed me in the right direction although it isn't a physical release (because he has not yet released a physical copy) there is a release on a netlabel, which I will link to at the end. So with Mortuario you mainly get some fairly clean synth-work, this album has a very obvious Italian influence, namely Atrax Morgue. The main tracks (2 others being short intro-outro type pieces) rest at just about 3 and a half minutes a piece with the exception of the awesome "Dominio Sexual" which is the longest track and is the one found on the aforementioned compilation. If you haven't heard it take this chance to do so; whipsery vocals ala Nicole 12 and looped synth work. The other tracks fall in line with what I mentioned earlier, very Atrax Morgue influenced, even the track titles like "post-mortem" and "psicopatia". In my opinion this is worth checking out, at least. There are some parts that I don't like at all and a few that I really enjoy.

LISTEN/DOWNLOAD:
http://archive.org/details/n0epcd1205

ConcreteMascara

Iron Curtain - Desertion 1982-1988 (CD) - Joy Division/New Order influence post-punk. Nice and depressing.

Ruins - The Art Dance (LP) - awesome, awesome, awesome Italian minimal synth pop.

Cremation Lily - Infant (Cassette) - really digging this. Wish I wasn't so late to the party as most of this projects older releases seem to be long gone :(
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

acsenger

Illusion of Safety - Inside Agitator
Has some great moments, but overall not that good (the field recording part with the card honks is downright annoying). Still, it delivers the bleak postindustrial atmosphere expected from IoS.

Splintered - Noumena
Haven't heard this in a couple years and remembered it being better. However, there are some nice noise rockish parts.

M.B. - Cold
Tape from 1980, recently reissued as part of The A.C.V.I. Tapes 4CD set. Begins fairly good but then it's all downhill. Murky noise that drags on and on. As a fan of M.B., unfortunately I have to say this tape is terrible. Haven't listened to the other CDs in the box set, but I'm a bit worried now.

Ramleh - We Created It, Let's Take It Over 1-3
Pulled these out after a few years to see if I need the Awake box, and I do!

Molluskground, Inc.

Con-Dom / The Grey Wolves • Intolerable • C60
Burning Star Core / Prurient • Ghosts Of Niagara • 10xC10
Grunt • Ritual Of Mortality • C30
Cremation Lily • Infant • C10
Perispirit • Abysmal Penetrations • C26

linxtyx

New home made didgeridoo

RyanWreck