PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RG

Haven't listened to much noise or even metal lately. Mostly classic rock stuff, a buddy borrowed me a couple Allman Brothers albums and I'm enjoying them. Lots of Yes as well (The Yes Album blows my mind, amazing musicianship)

Also, the new Marilyn Manson album. Best thing they/he have released in over a decade.

linxtyx

andy vomit

OBJEKTIV NIHIL - christian warfare
SKIN GRAFT - suffer
HYPSIPHRONE - and the void shall pierce their eyes
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

RyanWreck

Quote from: linxtyx on May 18, 2012, 08:25:06 AM
Quote from: RyanWreck on May 18, 2012, 12:43:01 AM
Hippy!

You're playing dangerous game, boy.

Hah. Well, this Volksmorg material I am listening to right now makes up for your love of didgeridoo.

Jarl

Quote from: acsenger on May 17, 2012, 05:15:13 AM
Illusion of Safety - Inside Agitator
Has some great moments, but overall not that good (the field recording part with the card honks is downright annoying). Still, it delivers the bleak postindustrial atmosphere expected from IoS.

Splintered - Noumena
Haven't heard this in a couple years and remembered it being better. However, there are some nice noise rockish parts.

M.B. - Cold
Tape from 1980, recently reissued as part of The A.C.V.I. Tapes 4CD set. Begins fairly good but then it's all downhill. Murky noise that drags on and on. As a fan of M.B., unfortunately I have to say this tape is terrible. Haven't listened to the other CDs in the box set, but I'm a bit worried now.

I have the Bootleg Murder release tape of Cold Tape. Havn't listend to it many times, ( I think it will do that soon)What  I remeber is that the soundquality is horrible sometimes. Not shure if the new cd-release has better sound. What I remeber most Murder Release MB tapes has very good sound.

Ramleh - We Created It, Let's Take It Over 1-3
Pulled these out after a few years to see if I need the Awake box, and I do!

RyanWreck

Concrete Mascara - "Excess Takes Its Toll" (2012) - I have only listen to the A-side but damn it is great. So far, so good. Concrete Mascara has yet to disappoint me, he totally nails it every time. A-side has been solid mix of Power Electronics that isn't incredibly "dirty" or "raw", rather a bit more clinical and direct, yet I wouldn't say it is polished. The sounds, the noise itself, is a solid mix of dense, full sounds from a breed of uncoiling mechanical sounds and bass deep drones to degraded electronics laid out in strong patterns that hint at a sense of antiprogress. I'm going to do an in depth review at the Stench so watch for that.

MT

Concrete Mascara fucking kills, there is no doubt about that! Hail!

acsenger

QuoteI have the Bootleg Murder release tape of Cold Tape. Havn't listend to it many times, ( I think it will do that soon)What  I remeber is that the soundquality is horrible sometimes. Not shure if the new cd-release has better sound. What I remeber most Murder Release MB tapes has very good sound.

The sound of the CD is very murky and lo-fi, but I can't compare it to earlier tape versions since I haven't heard them. However, my problem is not with the sound (the material is from 1980, after all) but the music itself - there are no good ideas, no atmosphere... I just don't see why it was ever released! The rest of the tapes in this 4CD set are Atomique, Voyeur and Industrial -- will listen to them soon and I really hope they're better!

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: P-K on May 12, 2012, 07:21:00 PM
IFOTS : tears royal lp ........ESSENTIAL i would say.......

Very good! I've talked about this with some Finns who dislike the clarity and electricity of the sound, and even if I agree in the general idea, for me, IFOTS manages to escape from that. Not because it wouldn't be utterly sharp crystal clear electronics, but because it is so unique compared to anyone else. It's LP, but cut on 45rpm to keep sound clear and strong - no complaints! I think any 12" where length allows should be cut for 45rpm!
Most of the time when I listen to this, I think "weird!". In times of easy consumption genre music, it is a real pleasure to listen something which stands beyond, approaches from very different angle. Obsesses over very different things that just about anyone else. And also visually has created personal style, which Unrest perfectly allowed to happen in professional LP packaging!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Jarl

Quote from: acsenger on May 19, 2012, 03:15:02 AM
QuoteI have the Bootleg Murder release tape of Cold Tape. Havn't listend to it many times, ( I think it will do that soon)What  I remeber is that the soundquality is horrible sometimes. Not shure if the new cd-release has better sound. What I remeber most Murder Release MB tapes has very good sound.

The sound of the CD is very murky and lo-fi, but I can't compare it to earlier tape versions since I haven't heard them. However, my problem is not with the sound (the material is from 1980, after all) but the music itself - there are no good ideas, no atmosphere... I just don't see why it was ever released! The rest of the tapes in this 4CD set are Atomique, Voyeur and Industrial -- will listen to them soon and I really hope they're better!

What I remeber [/i], Voyeur and Industrial is the same, lofi loopsound.  I've got them on tape and the material is like cold tape. Actually some material on cold tape is the same as on Mectpyo/Blut.
I got Atomique Murder but I'm not shure if  Atomique is the same recording as Atomique Murder. Some of Atomique Murders material also is the same as Mectpyo Blut.

FreakAnimalFinland

Illusion Of Safety "probe" CD
Originally Staalplaat cd in 1992 and re-issued 2010. This latter version appears to be visually much less impressive. Very minimal info and graphics. The best disc is when droning experimental soundscapes, but it gets disrupted many times by drastic loud sounds very different from overall atmosphere. Weird choices, yet it sets the disc apart from regular drone muzak.

Dark Alceste De Socaï Vômie "Hemotronic Neuracle / Ondes Neuronales" tape +3"
It's possible I have not listened this for... who knows? 15 years or more? Came out in 1993. SCFR release in hand made special packaging. Noisy, yet very electric and experimental sonics. Swirling and warm colorful electronics has advantage of being such old material it is very charming sound compared to what similar approach in age of computers and chaos-pads would have resulted. This material exists as this kind of tape + 3" set and also released separately.

FreakAnimalFinland

VOMIR / WEREWOLF JERUSALEM split 7"
I thought this could be the item I get for myself as document of what HNW genre is about. I have no use for massive box sets or 90 minute wall tapes which I wouldn't listen - at least not more than once. 7" format allows to spin it couple times and see what it offers. Vomir here offers nothing. It's as static, as anonymous, as dull as it gets. Very similar sound to some of The Rita material he did several years ago before moving into more interesting direction.
WJ is much better. It is wall of noise to the bone, but beyond the surface level of fuzzy distortion pedal grain, there happens things. Typicality of the surface texture and compositional element is such a trad WJ, within 5 mins you pretty much get what you're ever going to get. Quite usual style of heavy wall suddenly dropping into distorted hiss - in abrupt cut not far from some piece of Chop Shop - happens just before side ends. Curious decision to blast almost entire side and then last minute is just crackling hiss. I didn't like that quality in WJ's LP (the one limited to 20x) so I traded it away. On this 7" the trick works since it's done only once. Do I dare to say, this side sounds pretty good - which would suggest me perhaps more of WJ should be in collection? Luckily I do have already. Should give new rotation for some of the stuff!

What deserved more rotation, was Alleypisser "savn" 7"! Previously in this topic I said: "very good stuff. Lo-fi tape loops and recordings of physical sounds. Very abstract and kind of "unfinished" feel, yet brilliant."  Not sure if unfinished in the right term, but it is very nice 7" and most certainly can take more playtimes! LP length of songs like this? Yes thanks.

Händer Som Vårdar / Megan  split 7"
HSV has some similarity to Alleypisser in form of ultra decayed loops and grainy physical sounds, being organic yet suffocatingly rough, yet never becoming noise. Noisy all the time, though. It's easy to leave this playing on background, yet you may lose the track on layers of sound and tasty detail what create real spirit of the track. The close-up recorded "microsound", is so much more vital when captured with range of analogue tape and crude microphone, compared to the modern hi-fi portable digital recorder sounds.
Megan is the loud and energy filled vocal dominated noise. I would think that it's like mixing some old PE, some Masonna and fierce noise. It works very well in format of side of 7". It will probably satisfy both fans of Masonna or Bizarre Uproar type of noise as well as old PE at its noisiest forms a'la SJ, Male Rape Group, Ramleh etc.  But how interesting it could be in full length format? Not sure. It would depend how much difference they can get into tracks. Potential for utmost greatness, but also for being samey and getting dull in long format.

RyanWreck

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 21, 2012, 11:06:35 AM

Händer Som Vårdar / Megan  split 7"
HSV has some similarity to Alleypisser in form of ultra decayed loops and grainy physical sounds, being organic yet suffocatingly rough, yet never becoming noise. Noisy all the time, though. It's easy to leave this playing on background, yet you may lose the track on layers of sound and tasty detail what create real spirit of the track. The close-up recorded "microsound", is so much more vital when captured with range of analogue tape and crude microphone, compared to the modern hi-fi portable digital recorder sounds.
Megan is the loud and energy filled vocal dominated noise. I would think that it's like mixing some old PE, some Masonna and fierce noise. It works very well in format of side of 7". It will probably satisfy both fans of Masonna or Bizarre Uproar type of noise as well as old PE at its noisiest forms a'la SJ, Male Rape Group, Ramleh etc.  But how interesting it could be in full length format? Not sure. It would depend how much difference they can get into tracks. Potential for utmost greatness, but also for being samey and getting dull in long format.

HSM has a tape on Swedish label Jartecknet called Bakåtböjning and it's pretty damn solid, a mix of the things you already mentioned but more of it. I definitely suggest that one especially since it is only $4 last I checked. As far as Megan goes I didn't enjoy the material on this split, but their tape on Nordisk Klub is very strong.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Modern Engines of Dysfunction Vol.1 7"
Drug Problem - S/T LP
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

jake

Brotman & Short - LP on Cold Dick and cs on Chondritic: Simple, effective, catchy synth music.
Christian Death - 1st LP: So glad I found this on vinyl, great moody goth/punk with affected vocals.
Hole - Live Thru This cs: found this tape for a buck a few days ago, actually quite listenable. Been spinning the whole album every morning.