PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleak Existence

The New Blockaders - first live performance

HONOR_IS_KING!

Concern - Misfortune LP
Another excellent release from Gordon. It reads on the back "Three manifestations for the fifteen string box-harp" which is very apparent from the get go on the first track. I guess a good portion of the field recordings were done in an abandoned hospital parking lot. Mixing that with some nice reverb/tape loop drones and you have a very warm, and fluid flowing album. Shame that this LP is the last bit of material from this project. Beautiful as always.

Hostage Pageant - A Study in Self-Deprecation CS
Probably the most jarring cut up harsh noise I've heard from Shane. Insanely blistering in its attack on the A side, the B side shows some ugly menacing synth work creeping in. Killer tape.

KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

ConcreteMascara

Grunt - Someone is Watching (Cassette) - got the original version at Hospital a few years back for a bit of $$$ before I knew there was going to be a re-issue. Still happy to have the original tape though. I'd love to hear Grunt do material like DNA Test again...
Hängd ‎– Med Repet Runt Halsen (Cassette) - still my favorite Järtecknet thus far
Arkhe - It Is The Curse of Dimensionality (Cassette) - been regular listening since it came out
Pestdemon - Helvetesljuset (LP) - as has this
STROM.ec - Divine Legions Beyond Psyche (CD) - I consider this Canon status by now.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Ashmonger

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 17, 2012, 07:30:23 PM
Silent Abuse 7"
huh huh!! I had a sense it would be good, but this is really good! Extremely grainy and broken, and in some ways exactly as one could expect, but in other hand much much more!
Good indeed, but great? I don't know, will have to have some extra listens to decide on that. Anyway, it's kind of dark and brooding, menacing, but not harsh or extreme in your face. I like the burried vocals on the A-side and the SM/whip-session going on at the B-side.

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on June 19, 2012, 03:50:53 AM
Concern - Misfortune LP
Another excellent release from Gordon. It reads on the back "Three manifestations for the fifteen string box-harp" which is very apparent from the get go on the first track. I guess a good portion of the field recordings were done in an abandoned hospital parking lot. Mixing that with some nice reverb/tape loop drones and you have a very warm, and fluid flowing album. Shame that this LP is the last bit of material from this project. Beautiful as always.
Really like this LP as well, though I have to say it's the first thing I heard from Concern as well (found out thanks to seeing it was one of the Knelt Rote guys). He played a part of it live in Antwerp, on one bass amp only, so he said the sound wasn't perfect, because this music actually needs a better sound system. And I totally see what he meant, however I found that gig very enjoyable none the less.

Ladyboi Biopsy - Untitled (C30, WGM Tapes): Industrial/Power Electronics, no vocals. Good stuff, with a rythmic feel. That cover looks funny to me, no information at all, just a pic and and arrow with 'Testicle'.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: Ashmonger on June 19, 2012, 11:06:10 AM
Concern - Misfortune LP
Really like this LP as well, though I have to say it's the first thing I heard from Concern as well (found out thanks to seeing it was one of the Knelt Rote guys). He played a part of it live in Antwerp, on one bass amp only, so he said the sound wasn't perfect, because this music actually needs a better sound system. And I totally see what he meant, however I found that gig very enjoyable none the less.

I highly suggest and recommend any other releases that he's done under the name Concern. The albums Cæsarean and Truth and Distance both come highly recommended. Also, if you enjoy this stuff, you should look into his other project Caen. Not as pretty, but ambient done right.

How is Knelt Rope?
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Ashmonger on June 19, 2012, 11:06:10 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 17, 2012, 07:30:23 PM
Silent Abuse 7"
huh huh!! I had a sense it would be good, but this is really good! Extremely grainy and broken, and in some ways exactly as one could expect, but in other hand much much more!
Good indeed, but great? I don't know, will have to have some extra listens to decide on that. Anyway, it's kind of dark and brooding, menacing, but not harsh or extreme in your face. I like the burried vocals on the A-side and the SM/whip-session going on at the B-side.

Those qualities you mention, are the ones that make it great for me. I think it's very easy to make the generally accepted good PE elements:
-loud brutal noise
-aggressive shouting with neat delay effect
-some feedback or synth oscillations
= very good PE ? hah...
But to be great, it needs to somehow stand beyond the usual, beyond the easy rock standard. What I believe Silent Abuse does. The vocals are quite unique - especially combined the way of lyrics are delivered (will be missed out by people outside Finland). And that sound is most of all just dark, broken, grainy, suffocating.. or like you say: menacing ("threat of violence"?). There is threat, suffocation, but hardly a relief of climax. It's just short glimpse towards dark moment, but will not offer very easy turns. To me, that is great. It is way too easy to choose the easy route to good in-your-face punch. Much less easy to trust the disturbing and unentertaining material will do the job.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Bereft

Control-The resistance.

I have always appreciated Controls ability to deliver quality pe and synth driven noise.  He defiantly knows how to build sonic landscapes, and always falls more towards the industrial end of Pe in my mind. This release is no different, and seems to actually be heavy on the synth, reminding me more of exanguinate, which is my preferred project of his.
Even though this is on ant-zen(I know alot of Pe and noise people go bonkers when we talk about that label), it is defiantly worth getting.

Zeno Marx

Who is Silent Abuse?  Great name.  One of us used "silence abuse" and "the abuse of silence" on the old Troniks board when we were discussing Francisco Lopez and Bernhard Günter.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

NEHPF

Quote from: Peterson on June 20, 2012, 03:47:47 AM
Clay Figure - Hidden Lack Of Genius CS
Will definitely get this, I liked the older Clay Figure recordings and I'm glad it's back in business.

If you can find any of the old MIR titles, I encourage to check them, there's some nice stuff. MIR also released the first Uton cdr, which is not good by any means. Though Uton has released lots of horrible shit, there's some real gems too. If you like Haare, there's probably something for you.

VA - Nyrkki Ja Kyrpä I tape
I still liked most the least known ones on this, Unaction and Manic/Depression. Big names on second side were kinda routine jobs.

Arv & Miljö ‎– Förändringens Frö tape
Snippets of noisy and good industrial sounds. Sample of the new CD sounded even better.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Zeno Marx on June 20, 2012, 03:40:36 AM
Who is Silent Abuse?  Great name.  One of us used "silence abuse" and "the abuse of silence" on the old Troniks board when we were discussing Francisco Lopez and Bernhard Günter.

It's woman also know as dominatrix Fallen Angel and mrs Bizarre. But has done also solo works. I would hope to hear/see her more solo.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

practical life

fornost - zimne piekno
raspberry bulbs - finally burst with fluid
viper - theatre of fate
alain meunier - voyage
steve moore - the way in
rupture - cunt of god
rolf trostel - narrow gate to life
colin potter - here / the ghost office

Ashmonger

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on June 19, 2012, 06:14:33 PMI highly suggest and recommend any other releases that he's done under the name Concern. The albums Cæsarean and Truth and Distance both come highly recommended. Also, if you enjoy this stuff, you should look into his other project Caen. Not as pretty, but ambient done right.

How is Knelt Rope?

I heard about Caen already, but didn't check it out. Maybe I should get that tape that Joy De Vivre released a while ago.

Knelt Rote is very good. I've got their Insignificance LP, which is kind of War/Black/Death Metal/... with Noise parts inbetween and ends in a nice locked groove loop. I also ordered the first LP from Gordon (together with Oscillating Innards - Nadir Emergence CD), that LP is more Grindcore with Noise elements. Tracks from both LPs can be checked on youtube.

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 19, 2012, 09:45:59 PM
Those qualities you mention, are the ones that make it great for me. I think it's very easy to make the generally accepted good PE elements:
-loud brutal noise
-aggressive shouting with neat delay effect
-some feedback or synth oscillations
= very good PE ? hah...
But to be great, it needs to somehow stand beyond the usual, beyond the easy rock standard. What I believe Silent Abuse does. The vocals are quite unique - especially combined the way of lyrics are delivered (will be missed out by people outside Finland). And that sound is most of all just dark, broken, grainy, suffocating.. or like you say: menacing ("threat of violence"?). There is threat, suffocation, but hardly a relief of climax. It's just short glimpse towards dark moment, but will not offer very easy turns. To me, that is great. It is way too easy to choose the easy route to good in-your-face punch. Much less easy to trust the disturbing and unentertaining material will do the job.
I agree with what you say here. My comment about it being great or good was mainly on an 'emotional level'. I've just heard it once, while having lunch and getting ready to leave for work, so that's why I said I need to give it some more spins to see in how far it can really pull me in. Will definately also try it with headphones.

ddmurph

Concern - Misfortune LP

Shame that this LP is the last bit of material from this project
didn't know he was wrapping up concern, pity. i've only got truth and distance which i haven't listened to in a good while but i remember liking it a lot. gonna dig it out now again actually. must check out the new lp. so what project is he primarily concentrating on now?

Quote from: Ashmonger on June 20, 2012, 11:29:27 AM
Knelt Rote is very good. I've got their Insignificance LP, which is kind of War/Black/Death Metal/... with Noise parts inbetween and ends in a nice locked groove loop. I also ordered the first LP from Gordon (together with Oscillating Innards - Nadir Emergence CD), that LP is more Grindcore with Noise elements. Tracks from both LPs can be checked on youtube.
knelt rote is great. only have the first lp but sounds like i need to pick up the second asap. no war/black/death metal feel to the first lp from what i remember (again, been a while since i've spun it), definitely more grind. not a whole lot of noise either from what i remember, some but not a huge amount

Quote from: NEHPF on June 20, 2012, 04:09:55 AMArv & Miljö ‎– Förändringens Frö tape
Snippets of noisy and good industrial sounds. Sample of the new CD sounded even better.
the cd is one of the best things i've heard this year so far. highly recommended

MT

Silent Abuse 7" indeed needs to understand the lyrics, I think. A side creates psychotic and intense atmosphere, especially the vocals are delivered just right, brings you down to the moment. Vocals could have been a bit more audiable. B side could have been as long as A side with a lot more abuse, but I guess it was left short so that we crave for more?? At least I do.

P-K

some Goz Mongo Alliance....god i love this Cabaret Voltaire&Bourbonese Qualk-worship !