PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: Ashmonger on June 25, 2012, 10:47:04 AM
Nyodene D - Pogrom (C30, Phage Tapes): This is really good! Lots of metal junk, electronics and good vocals. Don't know what to add, except for: how does this compare to Every Knee Shall Bow?

Doesn't even compare. EKSB is much more varied, structured, and powerful.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

RyanWreck

Quote from: Ashmonger on June 25, 2012, 10:47:04 AM
Nyodene D - Pogrom (C30, Phage Tapes): This is really good! Lots of metal junk, electronics and good vocals. Don't know what to add, except for: how does this compare to Every Knee Shall Bow?

I agree with Mack, it is difficult to compare the two but you can still tell they were created by the same artist. Every Knee Shall Bow is highly structured Power Electronics with hits of ambient influences that make for a good atmosphere and some solid vocal work. Aaron talked a bit about his sound on the CD in my interview with him here:

http://purestench.blogspot.com/2011/11/interview-nyodene-d.html

ddmurph

late to this but anyway ...

Quote from: Zeno Marx on June 21, 2012, 07:32:17 PM
Quote from: ddmurph on June 20, 2012, 03:58:54 PM
Quote from: NEHPF on June 20, 2012, 04:09:55 AMArv & Miljö ‎– Förändringens Frö tape
Snippets of noisy and good industrial sounds. Sample of the new CD sounded even better.
the cd is one of the best things i've heard this year so far. highly recommended
I'd like to hear another sample or two of the CD.  What I heard was interesting, but something about it also makes me hesitant to pick it up.

was it the track linked on the ljud & bild page that you heard? ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSh9MJKT2-U&feature=youtu.be ... that's a pretty good representation of the cd i'd say. i think it's the focus and restraint that really stand out for me. tracks are generally short, around the 3, 4 minute mark, and the whole cd is under half an hour in length (although i tend to listen to it on repeat!). no filler whatsoever. also, the ljud & bild cd's look really amazing. simple (deceptively so), stark, really striking. between this and the sewer election - vittra sonder lp, looks like sweden is gonna rule 2012

Bleak Existence

Snotnosed - cock vomit

ConcreteMascara

Olymphia - Entrance (Cassette) - holy fuck! what a debut tape. stripped down rhythmic noise/pe. The first track is perfection, but it's all good.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

STREETMEAT

pussyfooter "dada fuck" test press
nasty junkmetal. ON REPEAT.

Altar of Flies Let New Life Rise in the Face of Death cd
first time hearing this project. highly recommended!!

con-dom cd reissue on unrest
great lo-fi noise with perfect vocals

forza albino Variated Perversity
nice filler material til the next "real" release. alt versions always great to hear

Blodvite ‎– Ett Främmande Land
trying to fill the void until the lp comes in.

chocolate crucifix mix of stuff
houston noisecore!

Keränen both cds
really like hearing both sides of a artist. from non stop violent to controlled and calm.

mo.te -cuffs
just perfect HarshNoise.

eyestrain

BURIAL HEX "Bagirwa Hymn" LP
Clay's recent output has been amazing and horrendous. This falls into the amazing category. Haven't seen BH channel this much Voudon chaos since Gripster Killer.

MEN OF THE IRON HEEL "First Pogrom" CS
Finally followed the directions, i.e., played it loud! Will be coming back many times.

THEOLOGIAN "The Further I Get..." CD
Haven't enjoyed much of this post-NTT work, but this disc takes me away. Very excited about the show in Philly this Saturday.

JAAKKO VANHALA "Feral Earth" CD
This. Is. Perfect.

Brad

Quote from: eyestrain on June 27, 2012, 08:31:37 AM
THEOLOGIAN "The Further I Get..." CD
Haven't enjoyed much of this post-NTT work, but this disc takes me away. Very excited about the show in Philly this Saturday.

Picked this up last week at the show in Montreal, good stuff.

eyestrain

Quote from: Brad on June 27, 2012, 08:37:12 AM
Picked this up last week at the show in Montreal, good stuff.

Yeah? How was the performance? Looking forward to seeing him with Sewer Goddess and Burial Hex this weekend. Not too interested in Bain Wolfkind (bad James Bond lounge music with pathetic lyrics) or Deutsch Nepal.

Brad

I wasn't too familiar with Theologian before the show, but the performance was at least as good as that CD, as I recall it.  When I was talking to Leech he might have said some of it was from the unreleased second Crucial Blast album.  Anyway, the live version of Theologian was a duo (didn't catch who the other guy was), and there was a great collection of visual art presented with it that expanded on the themes of the album art.

Sewer Goddess is a band I've really wanted to see for a while, I hope they come to Canada eventually.

Matthias

Can - The Lost Tapes 3xCD (Mute)
Going through these 3 hours, it's impossible to understand why I never turned into a bigger Can-ophile. There are unreleased tracks and versions here that are just unbelievable good, basically mindblowing stuff. That some of these tracks has been filed in a german cabinet for 40 years is hard to take in. Apparently they went through more than 30 hours of archived material, so maybe not impossible with a Vol. 2. Comes packaged in a 10" sized box with a nice booklet.

JFK - Teenage Fantasy 2xLP (Harbinger/Hospital)
Woelf tracks are GREAT. Amazing stuff and right up my alley. Didn't care that much for the other BF cassette included here, but some of the unrelesaed stuff is decent. Definitely worth the pricetag alone for the Woelf material. 

The Sodality - Beyond Unknown Pleasures LP (Urashima)
Very much welcomed upgrade from shitty mp3s.

Quote from: ddmurph on June 25, 2012, 11:21:24 PM
was it the track linked on the ljud & bild page that you heard? ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSh9MJKT2-U&feature=youtu.be ... that's a pretty good representation of the cd i'd say. i think it's the focus and restraint that really stand out for me. tracks are generally short, around the 3, 4 minute mark, and the whole cd is under half an hour in length (although i tend to listen to it on repeat!). no filler whatsoever. also, the ljud & bild cd's look really amazing. simple (deceptively so), stark, really striking. between this and the sewer election - vittra sonder lp, looks like sweden is gonna rule 2012

I have another track from the CD up here which I personally thinks represents the overall sound on the album better: http://arvmiljo.tumblr.com/

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Matthias on June 27, 2012, 10:34:29 AM
Going through these 3 hours, it's impossible to understand why I never turned into a bigger Can-ophile. There are unreleased tracks and versions here that are just unbelievable good, basically mindblowing stuff. That some of these tracks has been filed in a german cabinet for 40 years is hard to take in. Apparently they went through more than 30 hours of archived material, so maybe not impossible with a Vol. 2. Comes packaged in a 10" sized box with a nice booklet.
There's an unofficial collection called Canobits (amongst other titles).  4CDs worth of material.  "rare studio & live material.  This material recently became available from 'wreka' who allowed them to be vined on the  Canopener mail list.  These are selections of tapes that he obtained years ago from a friend of the band."  This was I believe in 2005.  1968-1977.  Including 30+ minute improvisations.  Some of my favorite material from Can.  I'm not a big Can fan, but I would be if there was more of what I found on this set.

Another great Can must-have is the 73-02-19.FM.BBC-London recording.

As for The Lost tapes, tracks "Waiting for the Streetcar" and "Deadly Doris" on CD1 drove me nuts.  For me, the weak link has always been the vocals.  They really get in the way of me enjoying the many virtues of this band.  
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

P-K

Hermann Nitsch : tilburg orgelconcert 2xlp
...affordable Nitsch! ...nice long organ-drones.....but shabby gatefold & not the best pressing imho (side b with lots of cracks&pops), hence the price?

absurdexposition

Illusion of Safety - More Violence and Geography
Worker - Dream Dead http://workernoise.bandcamp.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Matthias on June 27, 2012, 10:34:29 AM

Today I received this item and I finished to listen it few minutes ago. Good release, but I hoped it will be better. I hoped that it will be so good as this bootleg: http://black2com.blogspot.com/2008/03/can-outtake-edition-4-cd-set-franny.html