PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy vomit

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on July 12, 2012, 01:33:56 AM
Hate Basement "Pathetic" CS
A side is some of the creepiest material I've heard from these guys. Excellent use of a sample of a women crying. Side B is standard Hate Basement Incapacitant's worship with some vocals.

after having this tape for a while, i finally threw it on yesterday.  fantastic work.  i'm very picky about harsh noise, but these guys do it right.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Ernpe

Bizarre Uproar - Musta rotta 7"
One of my favorites of recent BU material. Not overly harsh but instead "hifi" yet crude and piercing - I'd love to hear more of such pe orientated material from BU

John Wiese - Mixed Metaphor 7"
I remember seeing Wiese playing at ordinary Finnish rock club some years ago. Quite smallish venue with hifi amps fit well his noise. Yet I have not been very fond of his records - I has been extremely hard to know what is worth getting and what is not and I've probably got wrong ones. Mixed Metaphor is something that fits the format really well - intense, fast and sharp (and fairy digital) noise that just cuts the 45 rpm 7".

V/A Engines of Modern Dysfunction 7"
Like the Wiese 7", this one also is just made to be short 45 rpm 7". Highly intense, lots of stops and go's, just steals one's attention. Soundwise it is not the stuff I like the most but with such sharp and short output, I won't irritate at all.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

audiodissection

K2 "De Novo" C46
This is a metal junk masterclass work. PURE metal sounds on this tape from '94, more acoustic than usual but fucking HEAVY. It's like having your head into a 10ton metal canister while Mr.Kusafuka scraps and bite hard every kind of metal object on it. Classic.

K2 "Rusty Tongue" C46
Another gem of metal junk noise. Some more electronics on this '96 tape than on the above mixed to metal and furious cut-ups supremacy.

Yasha C46 (MSBR Records)
Mr.Tano + Mr.Thirdorgan fusion for a brutal classic Jap. Harsh Noise 90's tape on legendary label. No info were supplied but to my ears it sounds like MSBR provided the strong low-end and mixed togheter Thirdorgan material. Unrelating and dense electronics storm that push hard on earholes.

Skin Crime "Genital Modification" C46
1994 tape on legendary G.R.O.S.S. label. This one is not on the level of other of their classics but yet soo good. Growing and growing harshness wall of sound in their classic unique style. American Incapacitants.

T.Mikawa/Cracksteel "Fuck My Ass: Live At Binspark" K7
Oh well. From starting magik atmosphere and Mikawa cut ins and out with a beautiful harsh droning feedback and Soddy (?) screaming from the audience "King Of Noise!" i felt some gooseflesh. Mikawa delivers a killer set with ear-piercing feedbacks and abrasive electronics while Cracksteel destroy what lefts with a non-stop 20 more minutes set. It's like to have Inca+Macronympha on stage for a jam session. Very few can make such a dense multilayered wall of noise, always in moviment.

SiClark

Quote from: Ernpe on July 12, 2012, 11:19:59 PM
One of my favorites of recent BU material. Not overly harsh but instead "hifi" yet crude and piercing - I'd love to hear more of such pe orientated material from BU

Have you heard his Viha & Kiima album? It's a similar style to that 7". The 3xtape version would be the best to get. Also if you can find a copy I highly recommend his 'Lily the Flesh' tape which is much more PE style than his normal noise. I think there is a copy on discogs but it's quite expensive.

Ernpe

Quote from: Si Clark on July 12, 2012, 11:55:49 PM
Quote from: Ernpe on July 12, 2012, 11:19:59 PM

Have you heard his Viha & Kiima album? It's a similar style to that 7". The 3xtape version would be the best to get. Also if you can find a copy I highly recommend his 'Lily the Flesh' tape which is much more PE style than his normal noise. I think there is a copy on discogs but it's quite expensive.
I'm familiar with both, though haven't played Lily the Flesh that much. I definitely should give it more time.

To be honest, I Viha & Kiima has been quite a disappointment. I've heard similiar material live and liked it, but with moderate volume at home, I just does not stand up so well.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

ImpulsyStetoskopu

SEVERED HEADS Adenoids (Vinyl-On-Demand 2008) 5 x LP

The great stuff. This is incredible how many interesting music / projects were in Australia somewhere between 70/80s. This period in Australian avantgarde / experimental music should be seriously penetrated and described with details too. SEVERED HEADS is probably the best (I guess even more than SPK) example of unique so called Australian fonosphere.

Matthias

Jaakko Vanhala - Here Be Lions C27 (Sprachlos)
Cassette of the year so far.

Johann

astromero disc 2

Zeno Marx

Kylesa - everything up to the past two albums, and those are next - good video (interview then show):
http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extra/videos/2008/0216/kylesa.jsp

Peter, Paul & Mary - s/t 1962 - came for "Early in the Morning", but stayed - beautiful folk album.
Faust 2009-2010 official studio bootleg - collection of oddities, like any Faust album - "An english woman's dream" is a really nice track I hope to hear again many times; a successful track of thoughtful atmosphere with tribal/Native American spiritual spinnings in both flute and percussion - "Fresh Air" is a typical, enjoyable krautrock cruiser of a song with good energy and notable momentum.
Burned Up Bled Dry - Cloned Slaves for Slaves 1998 - forgot how much I like this band - has that hefty His Hero is Gone leanings - had me grabbing for the other 7" (which I realized I do not have) and the Rash of Beatings 7"; trying to relive one of the best HC shows I've ever experienced.
BG - The Congratulations 2002 - post-Burned Up Bled Dry - always liked it, but also found it difficult in ways - enjoy it more now than I have in the past.
Running for Cover - Dark Well 2008 - smoking power-violence album with a [sometimes] annoying outro; I dug it this listen - holding down the roots to power-violence with fury and might, but progressively so.
Altercation - demo 1987 - raw, classic NYHC.
Roedelius - Offene Turen 1982 - love it and hate it; depends on when you play it - can't listen to one song or wish it was twice as long - oddball synth pop that sounds like a lot of it is a track taken out of a song and isolated - also sounds like edits for song ideas; like a notebook entry for songs yet constructed - playful and very 80s - engaging and infectious at times - not quite as good as some of the Moebius albums with similar reactions, but good overall.
ABC Diabolo - Give Rise to Doubts 1995 - talk about something possibly ahead of its time.  crossover prog HC.  still has that crossover thrash feel of their 1st album, but the songs are like an advanced His Hero is Gone or Result insofar as songwriting.  smart album.
Roedelius - Wenn Der Sudwind Weht 1996 - more of the great same - another recommended album (if in the appropriate mood).
Spacecraft - Paradoxe (1978) - French krautrock - guitar and synth duo with a drum machine (used sparingly) - good floating and cosmic guitar ala Manuel Gottsching - warm, sci-fi synth sound like you'd find with the greats Klaus Schulze and Tangerine Dream with a slight hint at what would come with Moebius and Roedelius in the next couple of years - like this album a lot.
*Skull - demo 2012 - Swedish death metal with a simple crust approach (I hear Skitsystem type ideas).
*Kaos SS - Life-Ill 2012  "Bringing chaos and k-beats into norwegian hardcore" - silly, but accurate enough.
*Katechon - demo 2012 - good death metal - like the way the cymbals sound on this recording.
*Katechon - Rehearsal 2011 - not good.
*Sexy Police - unreleased EP 2011 - good death metal with that rich Swedish sound and heavy riffs and a solid dose of grind - not many get the death/grind thing right, and they did here.

*all free downloads on Bandcamp
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

ConcreteMascara

V/A - Epicurean Escapism (Cassette) - a very nice comp. all the artists fall in the realm of more hi-fi sounds and production. Anemone Tube and Human Larvae, both of whom I've had little exposure to steal the show. Very well thought out, structured tracks full of power and depth. Haven't had a chance to watch the Martin Bladh videos yet but looking forward to it.

V/A - The Copper Roof Houses (LP) - the Damien Dubrovnik tracks conquers, but it's all enjoyable. Glad to see a nice vinyl reissue of OOP tape.

Ashley C - Trancelike Existence (Cassette) - the most disappointing of my recent purchases. Relatively muddy sound and not much happening. I'm hoping to get into it more, but right now it does not grab me.

Caucasian Colony - Stars of Afric 2 + 3 (Cassettes) - #2 is a stronger showing, but both provide raw p.e. with strong vocals.

Krökta Rum ‎– Tankar & Syner Del I (LP) - really, really enjoyable mix of loops, field recordings and drone. At parts it reminds me of an ambient version of recent Sewer Election material, all choking and twisted samples. At other times it reminds me of the most restrained Tribes of Neurot material. Highly recommended!

Blodvite - Dekonstruktioner (LP) - of the new Jartecknet LPs I've spent the least amount of time with this but already I feel it is the strongest Blodvite material yet. More structure and direction while maintaining a grim and desolate atmosphere.

I must recommend all of the Jartecknet LPs. Easily my favorite label in Sweden right now.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

jesusfaggotchrist

Skinny Puppy and Con-Dom today, a bit of Iron Monkey, and Brighter Death Now.

Nil By Mouth

Jaanko Vanhala - Feral earth and here Be lions
Intense! The junk abuse is strong but the various elements mixed with tons of music experience make it an enjoyable work of pure harsh noise assault. Great stuff!

ImpulsyStetoskopu

MUSICA ELETTRONICA VIVA MEV 40 (New World Records 2008) 4 x CD

Today received. A true pre-noise music document. The great band, no doubt along with AMM and GRUPPO DI IMPROVVISAZIONE NUOVA CONSONANZA solid foundation of extreme electronic music. Recommendations.

tiny_tove

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0