PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyestrain

Still digging through the Gaping Hole archive (http://gapinghole.snse.net).

Flowerday Girl On Film CS (Cathartic Process)
One of the only wall artists I really enjoy. Looking forward to hearing the new release.

Eric Lunde CandyhOle CD (Freak Animal)
Typically wonderful Lunde. Major repeat status.

Lech Jankowski Institue Benjamenta OST CD (Atelier Koninck)
Great mixture of choir, classical and (possible) improv.

Very disappointed with the new Aldebaran album. Last release was pure Corrupted forgery; this time, pure Mournful Congregation forgery.

Skin Crime/Pain Jerk Split 7" (Self Abuse)
Good ol Skin Crime. Pain Jerk track really stands out. Need to dig through some of his releases.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: eyestrain on July 27, 2012, 06:25:12 AM
Flowerday Girl On Film CS (Cathartic Process)
One of the only wall artists I really enjoy. Looking forward to hearing the new release.

I wonder what quality makes it stand out? I do trust CP as label, since they have done good stuff - not to mention Clew Of Theseus have done good stuff. But can't see any value in Flowerday.

POLLUTIVE STATIC "Destructive Devices" tape
Savage Discharge
Compared to dullness of who-cares-hnw of for example Flowerday, Pollutive Static offers something which ain't THAT far away. Heavy, rumbling, strong, bassy pedal harsh noise - but in its most regular form in fine spirit of lets say old USA. There is no militant minimalism towards any specific idea. Not for stillness of hnw, not for fast cut-ups, not for lo-fi, not for metal junk smashing, etc etc.. Just regular back-to-basics harsh noise you could have expected from Deadline, MSNP, Self Abuse type of discographies. Plenty of activity, plenty of sound elements, but in simple no bullshit package.

BLACK LEATHER JESUS / SAVAGE DISCHARGE split tape
Savege Discharge
I may say it each time I talk about Ramirez, that his output is so uneven and incoherent, that there is small negative expectation in each new release. But I may have also said that the man in genius of some sort. Perhaps Pollutive Static above owes the most to Ramirez, and this BLJ recording is another case of simple back-to-basics regular harsh noise.
S.D. has slight more "technological" take on it, not bad either.

FLESH SPEAR "First Death" tape
Posh Isolation
Somewhere between noisecore and instrument disorder noise. Full band line-up, extremely brutal and chaotic sound quality. At its best it is with slow steady drum beat and everyone else going utterly mental on top of that.

ABUSE PATTERNS tape
Anabolic Dimensions
Huh! I hope more PE like this. I was not 100% convinced with the music itself. Or the kind of hardcore'ish vocals, but the packaging. I'm sure for some people it will be like collection of cliche's.. you know, ass-fucked teenager with text "WHORE" covering her eyes or such. Including transcribed interviews of victims of sexual abuse. Nevertheless, one can't deny the aesthetic beauty even if it would be utmost copy-cat. 24 pages zine + tape is packaged into silkscreened envelope. I assume C-30 pro-duplicated tapes. I don't know when before saw this much effort put by new (?) project? Musically there are elements of new school USA PE, older USA sound like I.Action and the more F&V type of approach. All they need is some more personal angle to sound and content, but it's great way to start.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bogskaggmannen

So what can be better listening than Daniel Menche / Kiyoshi Mizutani "Garden" CD on Auscultare when sitting on the butt for all day at work inside without any physical connection to the outside world? One 60-minute track with big possibility to get completely elsewhere in mind - just calm recording of singing insects with quite minimal editing and very few man-made sounds. Hard to tell how much is actually looped sounds as the sounds themselves often goes on total repeat, ha ha! I'm amazed how many insect-sounds actually reminds me of industrial rhythms.

Also playing DOROGA "II" TAPE on Obscurex - while the first minutes with looped saxophone sounds made me shrug the rest is well done organic ambient with lots of detail and half noisy clanks and rubbings. I must listen to the CD again but from what I remember this tape is even deeper venture beyond the sometimes a bit jazzy elements of (parts of) the CD? Sometimes there are sounds which I feel does not really make a good mix with the others but I respect the more improvised nature of the recordings, too much ambient today is done in computer with way too structured approach as result.

FreakAnimalFinland

EMIL BEAULIEAU "moonlight in vermont" CD
Hospital prod
Got the LP too, but due being mentioned in Emil topic, decided to give listen also to CD version. Unlike the Minutoli series which are my favorites, this has very crispy and high-definition clarity. It's full of very noisy and broken sounds, but with crystallic perfection nevetheless. Quite slow building album take time before going to full blasting complex noise. I believe it was mainly J.Lescalleet's work sampled for this? That man is genius as well.

GENOCIDE ORGAN "s/t" CD
Tesco
Heavier than ever re-mastering with bonus tracks. Like leichenlinie, I think this is among rare cases of benefitting from re-mastering? Noisy and brutal album and even if not all tracks are absolute masterpieces, the whole spirit and album in general is essential.

C. SPENCER YEH "1975"CD
Intransitive
Challenging album from Spencer. Each of the 11 tracks named pretty much on what it is: 1) drone 2) voice 3) drone 4) voice 5) drone 6) shrinkwrap from a solo saxophone cd 7) two guitars 8) two guitars 9) drone... etc   And when track is titled "shrinkwrap..." it is really Spencer just squeezing crackling piece of plastic via minimal processing. Drones appear to be organs or feedbacks, voice manipulations remind of some vintage experimental - Tudor or Cage type - more than noise. Plenty of air, very clean sound capturing the essense of each sound element - which are however disturbing and challenging listening. In later part of nearly hour long disc spencer makes it slightly more easier to digest - but basically combining ideas together.

martialgodmask

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 27, 2012, 09:29:03 AM
ABUSE PATTERNS tape
Anabolic Dimensions
Huh! I hope more PE like this. I was not 100% convinced with the music itself. Or the kind of hardcore'ish vocals, but the packaging. I'm sure for some people it will be like collection of cliche's.. you know, ass-fucked teenager with text "WHORE" covering her eyes or such. Including transcribed interviews of victims of sexual abuse. Nevertheless, one can't deny the aesthetic beauty even if it would be utmost copy-cat. 24 pages zine + tape is packaged into silkscreened envelope. I assume C-30 pro-duplicated tapes. I don't know when before saw this much effort put by new (?) project? Musically there are elements of new school USA PE, older USA sound like I.Action and the more F&V type of approach. All they need is some more personal angle to sound and content, but it's great way to start.

Agreed. My impression of it was that the sounds, whilst good enough, are not overly remarkable or unique, by which I mean it all serves its purpose but a bit more identity would be of benefit. However, coupled with the packaging, it's a very nice release and when both written and audio materials are experienced together, both become enhanced by one another. It's a slick little offering which works as a whole better than it does as individual elements, although the tape and the zine do have enjoyable merits of their own too.

tiny_tove

is abuse patterns available anywhere?
it's sold out at anabolic d.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

FreakAnimalFinland

I would slightly doubt availability.. 100 copies was done, but not sure how many distributors got it? Probably most direct to customers? I sold all my copies.

Been listening to RAMLEH "Awake" box set. With 3 CD's straight, I guess I'll will listen something else in between. That not meaning there would be anything wrong with this. It could be actually among the very best Ramleh available! Fierce, simple, utterly violent sounds, perfect!

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: SILVUM on July 27, 2012, 10:10:47 AM
VA - 0161 CD
I like this early IDM / SKAM / V/vm stuff... things were still a little exciting, V/vm were actually producing tracks instead of releasing worthless un-funny joke bullshit.. SKAM had this mysterious, is this Autechre, masked lurkers vibe, Crunchy rhythmics, Aphex influenced melodics, video games and hip hop textures bit ground in samplers, a sense of adventure... disk drives, books about the possibilities of computers, just a now totally dated aesthetic.  Solid comp, has a good flow from noisy to melodic, even has a The Fall track.  My favorite track is the Datathief one, by rational aesthetic evaluation, it's cheesy, but I really love this kinda dark Terminator electronic post Clock DVA The Hacker thing.  If someone made this now, I'd scoff at it, but it rules for its own time.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8TTq96XsM   Cool cover too, evidently a security camera shot of a truck bombing before it goes off.

Definitely not a "classic" comp but a comp with some classic songs. Like you said, NIGHT RAID by Datathief is perfection. "identify... target... engage... night.. raid.." oh man so good. There's been talk here about the lack of adventure in a lot of modern comps, and this is a good example of that risk taking spirit. Granted its not noise or p.e. but I still thank this is an example of how mixing it up is a good thing.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Zeno Marx

Actuary/Bastard Noise 12"

I haven't heard anything else from Actuary.  Don't know if anything else is like this.  Great teammate for Bastard Noise, but also some pretty darn nice power-electronics in their own right.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Mikerdeath

RU-486 Blitz Aktion Contra

Strength through power electronics / "kill each other now."
Another top quality release from DSR and RU-486, 3 live recordings old school look and sound. Made my day.

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 27, 2012, 01:07:49 PM
EMIL BEAULIEAU "moonlight in vermont" CD
Hospital prod
Got the LP too, but due being mentioned in Emil topic, decided to give listen also to CD version. Unlike the Minutoli series which are my favorites, this has very crispy and high-definition clarity. It's full of very noisy and broken sounds, but with crystallic perfection nevetheless. Quite slow building album take time before going to full blasting complex noise. I believe it was mainly J.Lescalleet's work sampled for this? That man is genius as well.

GENOCIDE ORGAN "s/t" CD
Tesco
Heavier than ever re-mastering with bonus tracks. Like leichenlinie, I think this is among rare cases of benefitting from re-mastering? Noisy and brutal album and even if not all tracks are absolute masterpieces, the whole spirit and album in general is essential.

C. SPENCER YEH "1975"CD
Intransitive
Challenging album from Spencer. Each of the 11 tracks named pretty much on what it is: 1) drone 2) voice 3) drone 4) voice 5) drone 6) shrinkwrap from a solo saxophone cd 7) two guitars 8) two guitars 9) drone... etc   And when track is titled "shrinkwrap..." it is really Spencer just squeezing crackling piece of plastic via minimal processing. Drones appear to be organs or feedbacks, voice manipulations remind of some vintage experimental - Tudor or Cage type - more than noise. Plenty of air, very clean sound capturing the essense of each sound element - which are however disturbing and challenging listening. In later part of nearly hour long disc spencer makes it slightly more easier to digest - but basically combining ideas together.

Need all three of these very badly.

C. SPENCER YEH live this year was amazing, incredibly nice person too.

Abuse Patters rules. The release is very cool, I liked the art and the tape is good to.

I like Machismo more. Humiliation In Attitude is an outstanding tape aswell.
The Hate Basement / Machismo collaboration THIS IS NOT A SAFE PLACE is up there too.

Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 28, 2012, 12:04:50 AM
Actuary/Bastard Noise 12"

I haven't heard anything else from Actuary.  Don't know if anything else is like this.  Great teammate for Bastard Noise, but also some pretty darn nice power-electronics in their own right.

Actuary is not a Power Electronics project but they definitely deliver Powerful Electronics. They are a noise project pure and simple. Seen them and played 3+ gigs with them, they are outstanding people also. They are from LA and use a bunch of Trogotronic equipment, some found electronics, tube radios, ect, hand customized by Bill Nelson. One member builds his own amps too. They have several releases. I dig them for sure, but I don't listen that often.
The split with Bastard Noise is available here for "proper" download:
http://grindcorekaraoke.com/album/skeletal-uncertainty.
About the only good thing I could find on the Grindcore Karaoke webpage.

bitewerksMTB

POSSESSION soundtrack LP- some piano, some creepy string/drums/some sounds like scraping metal. Wish it had some of the dialouge from the film. Liner notes say much of the music went unused in the film.

Listened to this a few times as there will be an LP soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8P8rmI8qsk
Very upbeat.

Also listened to some of the soundtrack music for William Friedkin's SORCEROR. Why the fuck isn't there a special ed. dvd/blu-ray?!? I think I'm going to order the LP soon.

hannes

Krökta Rum - Tankar & Syner del 1, LP (Järtecknet)
My new favorite listen for late evenings. Nice mix of tape-manipulations, field recordings and droning synth, somehow this project reminds me a little bit of Dusa. Im really looking forward to hear more from this project.

acsenger

Noise - Tenno (CD, Alchemy Records, 2005)

Re-release of a 1980 album. The main instrument is a very distorted organ, then there's a female singer, and occasionally there are drums and guitars. It's a very amateurish sort of drone album - amateurish because this duo could hardly play properly (the drum beats are not steady, the singing is a bit false at times) but at the same time it feels like they didn't care how it sounded at all as they were lost in their own world. Some tracks are better and a few are terrible musically, but the strange, alien atmosphere and the obvious utter disregard of the musicians of whether what they play is good or bad make listening to this album satisfying in a way even if strictly speaking, overall, it's not good musically. A unique album due to the atmosphere, even if I don't want to listen to it more than once every year or so.

SKY BURIAL

Tangerine Dream- Rubycon
Tangerine Dream- Phaedra
Tangerine Dream- Zeit
KLF- Chill Out
Space (Jimmy Cauty)
Klaus Schulze- Irrlicht
Coil- Black Light District
Organum- Ikon
The Anti Group (T.A.G.C.)- Burning Water
The Anti Group (T.A.G.C.)- Digitaria
Zoviet France- Shouting At The Ground
Social Interiors- The World Behind You
Social Interiors- Traces of Mercury

Fax label cds:
Air I & II
The Whole Traffic
Sad World I & II
A Day In The Park

Eyeless In Gaza- Pale Hands I Loved So Well
Various Eno

online prowler

Ättestupa / Alfarmania
Stenstans Fördärv / Mitt Blod, Min Kropp.
12"
tour split

Sverre Faaberg
I objektivitet
12"
Norwegian C&W from Arne Bendiksen studio.

S.T.A.B. Electronics
The Non Alliant I
12"

Nyrkki & Kyrpä III
tape

Ta eter
Parasite
power electronics at its best