PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanWreck

That Coma Detox/Mania split needs to come out asap.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

STAHLBAU - Toedlich Verunglueckt (Arph 1982) cassette

Very good release. Awesome music which is located between industrial avantgarde of rock music and PE. Sometimes reminds me old good BLACKHOUSE. In my opinion one the best cassette of eighties and, no doubt, it should be reissued on CD or LP.

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: RyanWreck on August 11, 2012, 06:01:23 AM
That Coma Detox/Mania split needs to come out asap.

It'll be worth the wait. For it & the other releases that will be announced at the same time.

MT

V/A - Conspiracion

Someone really needs to re-release this!! Brilliant material, absolutely. Prices on Discogs are way too steep for my taste... http://www.discogs.com/Various-Conspiraci%C3%B3n/release/649242

Johann

Death In June - How We Laughed (Live)
Death In June - Lesson 1 Misanthropy
Joy Division - Live at Bowdon Vale Youth Club 1979 Boot

i really enjoy the raw qualities of the boot and live recordings, even more so than studio recordings (particularly for JD)...DIJ, especially early DIJ is simply amazing

tinnitustimulus

Archon Satani - Of Gospels Lost and Forsaken 2XCD

One of my favorite dark ambient albums, even as a collection of compilation and unreleased tracks.

Black_Angkar

recent weeks just landed me a big batch of new stuff, I've had time to listen through a lot of it at least a couple of times. Mostly cd and some tapes.

Alfarmania - Skräcken cd. New take on the Alfarmania sound. Good, yet different from earlier stuff. Feels more minimal, less "psychadelic" and swirling. A good move though, since the market is sort of flooded with good sounding yet similar Alfarmania releases. Artwork is some of Kristians best so far, stronger sense of composition. And also one of the oddest label descriptions in a long time.

Martin Bladh & Bo Cavefors cd - The island of death. This is based around the same concept  as the Kristian Olsson/Bo Cavefors on autarkeia. I must say I prefer this one, subtler sounds - more clearly defined vocals and recitations. At some parts this album reminds me of quite the silent sampled stuff on Coils "Horse rotorvator" (like in Penetralia and Ostia). Comes with a booklet containing text and 8 great color collages. Really good stuff.

Rising from the red sand 5xcassette The reissue. It is hard to think of a more maxed industrial compilation. A monster set, industrial classics all the way through as well as to me unknown stuff. From Chris&Cosey, Attrition, NWW, Lustmord, Sutcliffe, Test Dept, Nocturnal Emissions, Merzbow, Muslimgauze - just to mention the big names. An incredible document. I haven't gone through it all yet - but the roster alone is worth the price. Styles of music shift from industrial to postpunk, synthpop and more experimental "jazzy" sounds. 

Korpses Katatonik Oeuvres Completes Only had mp3's with this earlier. Also great oldschool rhytmic industrial.

Sutcliffe Jugend 'With extreme prejudice' cd. Now I really wanted to like this, since I'm not too found of gut reraction "they used to be good but now they suck" - but this is... Well, I have only listened to about half right now and most of it yesterday at work at night on very low volume, but I'm not impressed at all, some tracks have potential and some is just pure shit. Will give it a more focused listening and see if it grows on me.

Sutcliffe Jugend - Blue Rabbit Now this is a far better record I think. Comparisons to "Salt marie celeste" is all over the web, and it is perhaps not that far fetched. A dark, slowchurning little trip which works quite well. Unlike Extreme prejudice I can hear myself going back to this quite frequently. Relaxed. The narrating voice has its ups and downs but generally working out for  me.

Otherwise I'm obsessing over Meiko Kaji-songs. Over and over. Forever.

Ritual

Quote from: emboscado on August 07, 2012, 11:59:00 AM
Subliminal - Under Pressure 7in: pretty good, structured PE tracks as always excepting last cut, evolving into a more abstract/ambient(?) vein. Liked it a lot, specially this one.
I got some pretty heavy David Lynch vibes from the last track.... Like if Angelo Badalamenti had done an industrial-ish composition. I liked this 7-inch a lot!

jake

Gonkulator - Satan's Burial Ground cs reissue on Bestial Burst: Raw, sloppy, noisy grindcore. Good for a while, maybe not the entire length of this release. For me, needs to be listened to in sessions.

The Present Moment - Loyal to a Fault cs on Chondritic: Ah! Catchy, danceable goth/new wave/industrial with a dark LA undertone. Like if OMD were underground. Repeated listening.

Cyclone SS - Awakening the Zyklon Titan 3xcs set on Yoke of Christ: Have only spun this once since receiving it. Wasn't a big fan. Songs/ideas that go nowhere; kind of boring. Am going to spin it a few more times just to make sure before I trade it away.

Aaron Dilloway - Lip Syncing to Verme LP on Hundebiss: The best Dilloway release I've heard, still hasn't gotten old.

Bronze Age - Antiquated Futurism 12" on Bed of Nails Compound: VERY dark, industrial-tinged techno. This label is going in a very good direction with this and the Vatican Shadow 12"/cs.

fin de siècle

V/A Small Doses Noisecore Compilation Mortville 2012 ... 100 Bands on one CD. A great compilation reminding of classics like "Bleeeeaaaaurgghhh" and "Son of Bleaaaarrrghhh" Compilations 7"s. Beside ratehr well known as AGx, Rupture, Violent Headache, Wadge, The Earwigs lots of great new Noisecore/grindcore/shitnoise/industrial projects on this one, such as Zulanwar, Intestinal Fortitude, ...

Ab Intra - Supremus CD Zoharum 2012 ... brilliant melancholic Dark Ambient / industrial with great melodies adn crispy sctructures ... very intense.

MS 30 CD - T.I.A. Silken Tofu 2012 ... very good rythmic industrial. Pan Sonic wouldn`t do it better.

Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow 2 x LP 2011 ... better than her previous Album. Intense melodies, athmospheres for winterevenings.

Sadistic Intent - Resurrection Of The Ancient Black Earth CD 2000 ... Collection of their best recordings. Death Metal similar to old Morbid Angel, but more brutal and evil. An all-time classic!

Hal Hutchinson

MANIA / HAL HUTCHINSON 'KOLLABORATIVE WRECKAGE'

Listening to the material we have so far for this collaboration.There's junk metal,bass guitar,analogue synth,vocals and it gets better every time I listen to it.This will be a limited tape on Savage Discharge in the near future...

Johann

Vom Grill - Don't Ollie On Thin Ice
new AMTapes one sided record, heavy hitter for sure...heavy dub beat on and off throughout the album, totally rules.

Macronympha - Melting Softly Into Time

Rodger Stella - Death Cut Loop

RG

Melvins - The End LP
Sleep - Dopesmoker reissue DLP
Om - Advaitic Songs DLP  <---- amazing sound quality
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets reissue DLP

Tenebracid

ilhan mimaroglu - tract
mlehst - la main bandee / tied up to a man
nurse with wound - the surveillance lounge
nurse with wound - thunder perfect mind