PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEHPF

Papa's Murder ‎– Fuck 'N' Fall tape
One off PE tape by K2. Pretty crude, simple and quite possibly a joke project.

Nackt Insecten ‎– Futuristic Egyptian Space Temple tape
For some reason I expected this to be more noisy. Well, should have known by the name. New age drone, not bad but there is too much of this stuff out there.

Xome ‎– Switch tape
Slow moving harsh noise, good stuff.

V/A - The End For Simulation Of Pro-Creation tape
CoT tracks are always nice, but Dorchester Library makes me drowsy.

Mikerdeath

Quote from: NEHPF on September 23, 2012, 09:49:03 PM
Xome ‎– Switch tape
Slow moving harsh noise, good stuff.

Awesome you mention this tape! Its great, but I remember Bob telling me the original master sounded completely different. An interesting artifact from the early hospital catelogue.

Try this if you may...http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=3151084&ev=rb RRRON's been sitting on them for a few months now.

Been jamming:

Immortal Fate Demos & Radio set CDR
Ildjarn - Nocturnal Gathering
Galloping Shadow - Winters Web Tape
Atrax Morgue
M.O.

online prowler

Levas

Keranen - As below so above / Live in Finland - nice tape though i've heard better.

New Belaten batch. Imiafan - Old School Surprise - awesome stuff. synth-pop perhaps or something very ironic, but truly good to listen to. other tapes - somehow they started and finished and i can't remember what are they about.

Tapes from Amnesia program -
ORU - Dissonant love - excellent harsh noise.
Plague Mother - Mine - was not very impressed
Hooked Talons - Teukbyeolsi - somewhat VERY dull Ramirez's material
Crown of Cerberus - The Depths of Dreams - listening to it right now. the impressions are not that bad. moody tape.

Ashmonger

Emil Beaulieau - Dedicated to Charlie Ward (CD, RRRecords): Can anyone tell me who this Charlie Ward is? Honestly have no clue and couldn't get wiser with a search in discogs. Anway, after a first listen, I don't really like this CD, some nice tracks, like the first one, sounds like a band playing, but all is totally fucked up, but I really don't know what to think of most tracks...

Genocide Organ - : In - Konflikt : (CD, Tesco Organisation): At first I didn't really like it, because it's quite different from other GO, but played it again and now I liked it more. Still, less oppressive, less distorted than other GO material, more industrial, good stuff!

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Levas on September 24, 2012, 07:54:10 PM
New Belaten batch. Imiafan - Old School Surprise - awesome stuff. synth-pop perhaps or something very ironic, but truly good to listen to. other tapes - somehow they started and finished and i can't remember what are they about.

Have to agree with Levas about the Imiafan tape, really enjoyable. I liked the other tapes I got from Belaten as well, especially the proto-techno of Ekman. I was disappointed that the Trepaneringsritualen tape, the reissued one, had totally uneven levels. The left channel completely dominates. At least it's not an issue with the digital copy.

Also been enjoying:

LR - Exile (LP) - quite nice for reading

Front Line Assembly - Caustic Grip (CD) - cheesy as hell sometimes, but still an EBM gem for me. Overkill will always be my favorite FLA track.

various dub techno records...

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Ashmonger on September 24, 2012, 11:25:08 PM
Emil Beaulieau - Dedicated to Charlie Ward (CD, RRRecords): Can anyone tell me who this Charlie Ward is?

Probably this is a well-known American painter (1900-1962). His quote: "People should loook at paintings without inhibitionns. They should learn to trust their judgment. If they are touched, if something comes across to them and they like it, they should not be afraid to say so. There is nothing mysterious about art." It could fit to Ron's music and view of art.

bitewerksMTB

I could be wrong but Charlie Ward may be aka Charlie Infection from the hardcore band, Psycho, who may have been from Boston. Or near-abouts.

FreakAnimalFinland

Charlie Ward is the alias of guy who supposedly operated Stomach Ache Records. I would guess it's quite know info now, for example wikipedia:

"Stomach Ache, a collaborative label by Lessard and other unknown participants that published cheap vinyl singles of dubious provenance. Stomach Ache Records listed only a Mexican mailing address, and credited to the singles to a fictional person named Charlie Ward, so that any responsibility could be deflected. "

That CD is done with Emil B using Stomach Ache releases played with minutoli turntable.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

I wonder why I always thought Charlie Ward was Charlie Infection? I've never heard the mentioned cd, just the title. I've never heard that 'Ward' ran S.Ache either- I use to have a bunch of those 7"'s & just figured it was RRRon.

Listened to the Korpses Katatonik cd twice last night.

FreakAnimalFinland

LASSE MARHAUG / DAN JOHANSSON "Distort Orgasm" CD
L&B
Pretty good, but still also something to be expected. When you call it distort orgasm and you got the two masterchef's of noise, you get the platter full of harsh noise meal. Yet no surprises. Good as expected!

ORQUERE "Foundations" CD
L&B
But fuck!! This is brilliant. Tape manipulations and concrete sounds. No effects. Think of Vivenza being able to get over the up-tight futurist concept music and loosen up a bit into direction of industrial/noise and Orquere lurks somewhere in that direction. Brilliant mechanic sound loops full of tasty character & feeling. It is so close to my ideal listening material, I can merely worship!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashmonger

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 25, 2012, 07:58:03 AM
Charlie Ward is the alias of guy who supposedly operated Stomach Ache Records. I would guess it's quite know info now, for example wikipedia:

"Stomach Ache, a collaborative label by Lessard and other unknown participants that published cheap vinyl singles of dubious provenance. Stomach Ache Records listed only a Mexican mailing address, and credited to the singles to a fictional person named Charlie Ward, so that any responsibility could be deflected. "

That CD is done with Emil B using Stomach Ache releases played with minutoli turntable.

Thanks for the info!

Emil Beaulieau - Dedicated To Richard Rupenus (CD, RRRecords): this one is very good, again!

Grain Belt - Dragline (C20, Skeleton Dust Recordings): Good tape, but as I read on a review lately, it might have been more interesting if the feedback would go to the background a bit more. Now it's mostly feedback in the front and the rest sometimes a bit hard to focus on. I like their track on the split with Faux Pas more. Anyone knows how their CD compares to this tape or the track from the 7"?

Levas

CD is perhaps their best release from what I remember.

Ashley Choke

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 25, 2012, 07:37:38 PM
ORQUERE "Foundations" CD
L&B
But fuck!! This is brilliant. Tape manipulations and concrete sounds. No effects. Think of Vivenza being able to get over the up-tight futurist concept music and loosen up a bit into direction of industrial/noise and Orquere lurks somewhere in that direction. Brilliant mechanic sound loops full of tasty character & feeling. It is so close to my ideal listening material, I can merely worship!

Watching the show Sunday you got the feeling the amazing debut album is just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe the best "noise" performance I've witnessed this year. Also caught onto the Vivenza reference, def the most interesting of the current tape-projects, straying from the endless amount of organic field-recording artists all sounding the same

STREETMEAT

Quote from: KHH on September 26, 2012, 10:06:26 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 25, 2012, 07:37:38 PM
ORQUERE "Foundations" CD
L&B

Watching the show Sunday you got the feeling the amazing debut album is just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe the best "noise" performance I've witnessed this year. Also caught onto the Vivenza reference, def the most interesting of the current tape-projects, straying from the endless amount of organic field-recording artists all sounding the same

-i got ORQUERE "Foundations"  in today, hands down one of the best releases from Ljud&Bild Produktion
-john wiese -Mixed-Metaphor/Mirror (cd)-great HN from wiese.
hive mind-They Made Me The Keeper Of The Vineyards- some of the best material ive heard from said artist.