PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

Astro and Winters In Osaka ‎– Reverberating Forest - A nice cd. though since it's almost 40 minutes, it doesn't keep my attention to the end.

Gnawed ‎– Terminal Epoch - I can't say what I was expecting from this cd, but it came as rather disappointing. Gnawed has released some interesting material, but perhaps it was too early for full length.

Cherry Point, The ‎– Misery Guts - very pleasant CD. I don't know what is the reason and why it was reissued on CD, but good stuff.

Now listening to Incapacitants - Eat! Meat!! Manifesto!!! I was quite disappointed in several of their new records. This one seems slightly better.

Eloy

Quote from: Si Clark on September 30, 2012, 04:49:19 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 30, 2012, 04:28:48 PM
CHAINS OF DEATH COMMAND "Human Waste Music" 7"
F&V / Untergeschoss
CONCRETE MASCARA "relic of vanity" 7"
F&V / Untergeschoss

Can't wait for these.

Out now: http://www.filthandviolence.biz/3

ImpulsyStetoskopu

TESENDALO  Suite De Sons (Marginal Talent 1992) LP

Probably one of the best record in Peter Schuster's discography. Interesting combination of experimental postindustrial with industrial ambient music. True concept album which is is better known after every next listening... The highest recommendation ...

martialgodmask

Revisiting the Burzum discography, in order. Currently at Belus, and am feeling like a daft cunt for dismissing this as shite the first time I listened. It's actually very good.

Black_Angkar

Quote from: martialgodmask on October 03, 2012, 03:33:40 AM
Revisiting the Burzum discography, in order. Currently at Belus, and am feeling like a daft cunt for dismissing this as shite the first time I listened. It's actually very good.

I never understood why so many just wrote a most decent album off as shit. I figured it was some compulsory "I refuse to like the new stuff"-reaction (not saying this was your case of course). I especially liked the treatment of the Daudi Baldrs-material (another underrated album I think, though for much more obvious reasons).

martialgodmask

Quote from: Black_Angkar on October 03, 2012, 12:10:13 PM

I never understood why so many just wrote a most decent album off as shit. I figured it was some compulsory "I refuse to like the new stuff"-reaction (not saying this was your case of course). I especially liked the treatment of the Daudi Baldrs-material (another underrated album I think, though for much more obvious reasons).

Belus was the last one I heard, it didn't grab me after a couple of listens so it was tossed aside. I think a lot of it is down to context - first exposure to it was driving to work, not really concentrating on it and I guess it just passed me by. However, when listening through chronology, in context of following Daudi then Hlidskjalf and having focused listening, Belus is just as much Burzum as anything before it. It benefited for me having listened in sequence and focus more on the progression from album to album. He has become more progressive but anchor still remains in same place so the ship doesn't drift too far from familiar waters. Sadly, this thought passed me by the first time and subsequently didn't both with Fallen and Umskiptar.

Black_Angkar

Quote from: martialgodmask on October 03, 2012, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: Black_Angkar on October 03, 2012, 12:10:13 PM

Belus was the last one I heard, it didn't grab me after a couple of listens so it was tossed aside. I think a lot of it is down to context - first exposure to it was driving to work, not really concentrating on it and I guess it just passed me by. However, when listening through chronology, in context of following Daudi then Hlidskjalf and having focused listening, Belus is just as much Burzum as anything before it. It benefited for me having listened in sequence and focus more on the progression from album to album. He has become more progressive but anchor still remains in same place so the ship doesn't drift too far from familiar waters. Sadly, this thought passed me by the first time and subsequently didn't both with Fallen and Umskiptar.

I see what you mean. I really enjoyed it the first listenings, but still for some reason I haven't had time/interest in checking out the two following albums. However I also try to stay clear of listening too much to reviews (unless they are detailed and thorough) and opinions on albums like these, considering the massive amounts of preconceived ideas about the artist and his sound.

FreakAnimalFinland

Belus was good for me, but after that I started to lose attention. Latest one I didn't bother to buy. Heard it couple of times, but just something is missing.  The big charm of Burzum has been the sound quality itself, what has enhanced memorable and mind-capturing riffs. It has never been "perfect" in terms of production values, yet from this imperfection was found the ultimate spirit of band.  With Belus, was started this relatively clean and standard production. It is not that "professional" really, just dry, clean, and soulless. I just wrote about same thing as in Cut Hands topic about that and Whitehouse. In same way all there "comeback" albums of Burzum sound pretty much the same. It doesn't matter songs have diversity in riffs and composition, when overall album sound is pretty much identical album after album. When the early albums had very distinctive sound you could recognize album by hearing pretty much 10 seconds of it.
This is the plague of modern music, where suddenly "professional drum sound" is almost the same for all pop-culture related music. It may be euro-dance, it may be rock, it may be metal, it may be whatever. And guitar sound in most of metal appears to be this heavily compressed, in-your-face, just similar to the triggered/compressed/gated/maximized drums. When all the natural elements of space, physical loudness, variation of technology (microphones, various recorders from reel-to-reel, analogue tape, A-dat, whatever..) etc is stripped down to same faggy pro-tools, with same plug-ins, same ideology of "maximumum volume is best"... We end up in situation where Elvis LP's sound dark and fierce compared to latest Burzum or Cut Hands who's production values are actually not far from chart-music! It is somehow alarming, and I would guess that at some point when we look back at 2000's music, it will result the same grins of disgust as now looking the late 90's underground album covers (say: after photoshop/computer design was popularized and in reach of every regular joe), HAHA.
I certainly look back at my most horrid photoshop effect plagued designs and wonder what the fuck happened!?  When craftmanship & personal talent was replaced by standard programming cheese.

Anyways, been rotating multiple times:
DIETER MUH "Heterodoxie" LP
Looks great, sounds great. I'm particularly enjoying the B-side, where loops aren't in such a dominant role, where repetition of very distinctive loop starts to take all attention from overall density of composition. On b-side it's more "ambient", more subtle in level of energy, but that is replaced by perhaps better flow and better blend of these elements. Especially "Helescum", in all its simplicity is highly captivating piece! Very much recommended!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Black_Angkar

hehe, like this...
World Burns To death, if I remember it correctly Sakevi of GISM did this. About 2006. great album.

Zeno Marx

The SKV - The War CDEP is similar in style and subject matter.
http://punknotprofit.blogspot.com/2008/05/skv-war-single.html
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

hannes

Private eye - looking for pleasure, cs (preafekt kassetter)
Nice debut of piercing synth and vocals, looking forward to hear more.
Kirstein/kirkegaard - imperia, lp (posh)
Heavy rotation. Recommended.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: hannes on October 04, 2012, 03:17:25 PM

Kirstein/kirkegaard - imperia, lp (posh)

How is this? The description sounded interesting.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: Black_Angkar on October 04, 2012, 12:13:07 AM
hehe, like this...
World Burns To death, if I remember it correctly Sakevi of GISM did this. About 2006. great album.

Yeah, Sakevi did the collage art. The bass player is a longtime friend of mine & I've been to the home of the vocalist which is now a recording studio, I think. He had some really rare industrial records including a test press of "Neuengamme".

Ritual

Listening through some stuff I picked up at the Sewer Election/Orquere/Keränen/Kristian Olsson gig in Stockholm last weekend.

Sewer Election "Att rita en massaker" tape (Dokumentarisk Agenda)
I first got into Dan's work when he was doing mostly straight up harsh noise. As much as I enjoy that style of Sewer Election, I must say I'm more intrigued by the direction he's taken his main project into in the last couple of years. The loop based, more murky lo-fi industrial with "vocals" made from stuffing microphones deep down his throat seems to have taken Sewer Election into a whole new creative level. Live it is also a totally different, and for me, more rewarding thing. His performance last weekend was probably my favourite yet.

Orquere "untitled" tape (Preafekt Kassetter)
Short-run tour tape from this new project of Blodvite/Järtecknet mastermind. Cold and sterile, but far from boring, loop based industrial. I've read comparisons to Vivenza, and I can totally relate to that. But with a different mindset... Very good stuff, although I felt the vocal sample starting off the A side was overly long. I got a bit impatient for the actual track to get started. The CD will be put on later on this evening.

Kristian Olsson "Ligranorex" tape (self-released)
Following along the same path as the LP on Nattmaran and the tape on Second Sleep, but in my opinion, perfecting the more spiritual and occult atmosphere. This tape reminds me of the exceptional performance Kristian did in Stockholm earlier this year. The one this weekend was very good, but not as good as the previous one, which was absolutely fantastic. Slow, dark amalgamations of field recordings, electronics and real instruments. Claustrophobic, utterly bleak!

ImpulsyStetoskopu

TOTAL - Exploded Star Sad Servant (Self Abuse Records 1995) CD

One of my favourite release of this project, project which I like very much and which is for me one the most interesting from BROKEN FLAG family. Total cacophonous sound with multilayered aspects, low frequencies sonic nuances and touch of experimental preparations. Noise to love and celebration in every hour, in every day, in every week....