PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sterilization

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 23, 2012, 09:41:59 PM
Holy crap, just received 12 Lust Vessel/Stiff Sanctorum tapes! Plus reiss of Libertinage "Quick Cum" (I have copies for those in the US/Canada). Haven't started listening yet so this doesn't belong here...

Played "The Fatal Erection Years" again.

#1) is there a GIANT new batch lust vessel/ss stuff coming soon, or do those 12 you received include older titles as well? very excited for new lust vessel.

#2) i would very much like to buy all this new shit you have directly from you.

Unrelated to the above, but pertinent to the topic:

just got the three recent Atrax Morgue reissues. These have been adequately described earlier in this thread, so i'll spare you. I just have one minor complaint about one of them.... I really love urashima's design/aesthetic, so, i was very distressed to see the reissue of I Vizi Morbosi Di Una Giovane Infermiera inserted, bare record, into a picture disk sleeve. It's already scuffed and kind of shitty sounding on the first play. i sincerely hope they don't veer so far from the ultra impressive norm in the future.

Andrew McIntosh

Fuck, Jazz Hijokaidan's "Made In Japan" and Hijokaidan's "Made In Studio" fucking rule!!!

And thanks to Mr. Femia (and Mr. Mack for the tip), I got the "Toilet Trade" cassette. It is good, but it's not too short, I'm just too greedy.

Anyway...FUCKING HIJOKAIDAAAAN!!!!!
Shikata ga nai.

mdtdeath

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 24, 2012, 05:15:08 AM

And thanks to Mr. Femia (and Mr. Mack for the tip), I got the "Toilet Trade" cassette. It is good, but it's not too short, I'm just too greedy.

Many thanks to you, Andrew...i'm planning a new release for toilet trades, i don't know when but it'll be out in the next months... :)

bitewerksMTB

"#1) is there a GIANT new batch lust vessel/ss stuff coming soon, or do those 12 you received include older titles as well? very excited for new lust vessel.

I received five tapes that are on the Stiff Sactorum sub-label which I do not see on his blogs so I'm guessing they are coming soon? The other tapes, some are LV whcih he released in that last batch, & there are a few that have inserts that say "exclusive distribution by Lust Vessel". I'll make a list of them & post.

Listening to this interview with Philip Best & his female bandmate on French radio. He's sort of interesting, she is not.

BURRIED MACHINE aoral portion cs (lust vessel)- new project to me, Runzelstirn & Gurglestock-type sounds & tape manipulation

Levas

Lust vessel wrote about 9 new tapes. 5 and then after that following 4. couple of weeks ago the label had all the dubbing done etc. just waiting for covers or something like that. i was told that some of these won't be under lust vessel, but related etc. waiting for the news too

bitewerksMTB

I looked at LV discography so it looks like everything I received is from his 2nd batch released last year. Is Stiff Sanctorum new? I assumed it was a sublabel; I have 5 releases on SS: Stiff I- Tongue Knax "maxim for subjugation"; Stiff II Libertinage "quick cum"; Stiff III "Mrdant Karma "indulge"; Stiff IV Hedonic Serge "somatoscopy mode of Male Pleasure"; Stiff V Ultimastanze "total preoccupancy in pleasant silence".

There's only a couple of tapes listed for SS on discogs..

sterilization

As a label, yes, I think so. It is apparently a place though....

Tenebracid

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 25, 2012, 12:56:16 AM
I have 5 releases on SS: Stiff I- Tongue Knax "maxim for subjugation"; Stiff II Libertinage "quick cum"; Stiff III "Mrdant Karma "indulge"; Stiff IV Hedonic Serge "somatoscopy mode of Male Pleasure"; Stiff V Ultimastanze "total preoccupancy in pleasant silence".

those are all new releases that I'm sure will be announced soon..
also it seems it's the debut release for Hedonic Serge and Ultimastanze.

Lust

Tonight's playlist:

Bizarre Uproar-Rape Africa LP
Just listening to this and I am enjoying it alot, heavy and harsh sounds, should be enjoyed LOUD! Too bad Joukkohauta pt.2 is still shadoved by pt.1, which to me is the best (hit) track from BU.

Grunt-world draped in a camouflage LP
If this coninues in the same direction as petturien rooli, it'll be a great album.

Mania/Coma Detox LP
Coma Detox's F&V tape didn't really do much for me, but god damn I love me some Mania! Don't think I'll dissapointed.

bitewerksMTB

Glad to hear the split LP is showing up. Hoping my copies arrive in a couple of days. Don't get your hopes up too much, there's always the chance I can deeply disappoint ... It's always best to expect the worst & hope for the best.

ddmurph

graham lambkin/jason lescalleet - the food chain b/w nice ass 7"

graham lambkin side of this totally caught me by surprise. if i heard this in a blindfold test i'd instantly guess it was rudolf eb.er or raionbashi. recordings of what sounds like some animal (a lion?) growling/grunting, a group of people moving through a room (possibly a museum or some tourist attraction), a police raid. rough musique concrete. jason lescalleet side begins with some electronic gadget stuck in a loop (camera shutter?) before the kool aid gets switched with purple drank and it feels like your brain is entering hibernation mode. a melodic piano phrase enters with some processed field recordings and finishes out the side. not too far removed from the more recent idea fire company material. pretty expensive for a 7" (£10 ~ €12/$16) but very highly recommended

jason lescalleet - songs about nothing 2xcd

first cd was initially very different to what i was expecting, far more digital/laptop sounding than his usual output, but fuck me, it's pretty jawdropping. his referential tendencies (annihilate this week, this is what i do) are taken to a ridiculous extreme here. outside of the album title and the artwork, all the track titles are word-plays on those of songs about fucking and the track lengths are all the same as those of their fucking counterparts. second cd is more familiar territory, long tape piece, up there with the best of his work. either of these discs on their own would've made my album of the year shortlist, the two together seals the deal. the contrast between the two discs works really well also

michel chion - diktat 2xcd

composed in 1979 but not released until 2010. a sort of radio-play based around melchisedech, an old testament figure from the book of genesis. the text is in french, german and "blave", melchisedech's imaginary native language. i've pretty much lost what little french i used to have and don't speak german (or blave!) so the narrative goes straight over my head unfortunately (the liner notes are only printed in french also and i've never been able to muster up the patience to sit down and try to decipher them). the music is incredible though. it's amazing that something like this could lie unreleased for so long. of all the grm-associated composers, chion always seemed to me to be one of the composers least concerned with musical theory and more focused on sounds/modes of listening. his stuff still sounds radical to this day ... wild and non-academic (even though he is very much part of the academic establishment), sounds like it could easily have come from today's "noise underground"

the haters - in the shade of fire cd

classic haters elements are all present ... glass, fire, hiss. superb and totally ahead of its time

wolf vostell - dé-coll/age musik cd

originally released in 1983, reissued by tochnit aleph at the tail end of last year. collection of pieces ranging back as far as 1959. totally mindblowing, couldn't do this justice so gonna quote from the liner notes ...

Quote from: Wolf Vostell, 27/04/1980
Since 1958 I use the term "dé-coll/age musik" to describe acoustic processes that stem from the phenomena of random decompositions. A light bulb breaks, posters are torn off the wall - and these processes are retransmitted by acoustic amplification. The shock of falling objects, the screams of humans in danger, the sounds of car crashes, the white noise of a tv-set, the sound of an out-of-tune radio, all the sounds of the body etc have this become my contribution to fluxus music.

fuck! if in the shade of fire is ahead of its time, where does that put vostell!? the crudeness of some of the pieces, rather than sound dated, make this sound even more contemporary. i'd call it proto-noise but the proto part might imply a similarity rather than an actualization. couldn't recommend this higher, some sound samples here ... http://www.soundohm.com/wolf-vostell/d-coll-age-musik/tochnit-aleph/

(the jean dubuffet reissue that tochnit aleph/rumpsti pumpsti just put out is also incredible by the way)

diocletian - doom cult cd

ferocious. so many amazing antipodean metal bands ... aus/nz is to metal what finland is to power electronics?

witchrist - beheaded ouroboros cd

intense, monolithic, suffocating. still need to pick up the grand tormentor and war of all against all but looking forward to hearing em at some stage

archgoat - whore of bethlehem cd

great gutteral vocals, catchy riffs, solid from start to finish, always end up putting this on repeat when i dig it out

Bleak Existence

Survival Unit - fentanyl martyrs

ConcreteMascara

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

P-K

pisses all over 90% of  'martial industrial'

Nil By Mouth

MANIA /HAL HUTCHINSON kollaborative wreckage

infos said metal and ms10 and the sound is powerful and really hot