PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

Croatian Amor - Mermaids Of Jadransko CS and Croatian Amor - Vagina Sword 2xCS both of these are very nice. slowly getting into the mood for croatian amor.

Jet Partitions - Parameters 2xCS
- didn't hear many people talking about it, but it's truly great harsh noise and nicely done tapes!

also some cdrs. i guess i've traded with someone or what..

German - Stalking and German - marketing . dind't find that much heavy metal or black metal as it was written on the internet. but decent noise. Like Marketing better

RyanWreck

Prodeath / Silent Abuse & Bizarre Uproar - "Live 16.9.2011" (Filth & Violence, 2012) - I've only listened to the Prodeath material twice through and am not a huge fan. It's mainly creeping, lo-fi Blackened Doom type of stuff. With 30 minutes of music I figured that there would be something that I may like, or that I hadn't been paying good enough attention the first time around. But there isn't really anything that stands out to me. At around 10:30 or so they unleash some blast-beats, which are very nice when you have listened to 10 minutes of dragging, but the song is only blasting away for about 20 seconds then back to the drag.

Bizarre Uproar and Silent Abuse do a collaboration, so it basically sounds like...well..Bizarre Uproar, or at least the Bizarre Uproar of yesteryear when Miss Angel was involved in the creation of some Bizarre Uproar filth along with Sir Pasi. I had seen a track-listing for this live session somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now. The material is awesome, some of the best from BU and thee best for Silent Abuse. Pasi's newer approach and style is apparent during this recording. Heavy as hell walls spit out of an amp with vocals (from both parties!) occasionally peppering the track(s). If you like BU or Silent Abuse then you need to track this shit down.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: tiny_tove on November 16, 2012, 11:58:39 AM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on November 13, 2012, 11:49:24 PM
Nerorgasmo - s/t 1985 - why can't there be more interesting music like this - I'm new to them, so I'm curious to find their story.

Italian hardcore at its best. quite active in squats, yet with a nihilist aestetic of their own.
They (and negazione) have been the first Italian bands to use an emotional approach to music, you can feel an undercurrent tension and depression that was completely missing from most bands at the time.
technically quite skilled, very interesting and extreme lyrics. they have been re-descovered only recently thanks to the box version of their works.
Extremely aggressive with a strong sension of provocation. I loved their nativity scene with mary & joseph in the trash with baby jesus eaten by the bull and the donkey.

The singer died of heroin in 2000.
Thanks.  Appreciated.  Politics aside, EU 91 was doing some nice work on those Italian discographies.  Agipunk Classics was another good series.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bitewerksMTB

Destroyer666 LP of all their singles & 12" that's on Hells Headbangers
Saturnalia Temple LP on Ajna/Nuclear Winter- didn't like it when it first came out but it's grown on me

RyanWreck

Speaking of Hardcore Italian Punk from the 80's, Chain Reaction - "Rottura Totale" is great stuff with a re-released of all their material on a comp. last year. Declino and Wretched had some really quality stuff too.

m.

Mercyful Fate "Return of the vampire"
Pungent Stench "Been caught buttering"
Taint "Vice"
Heinz Hopf / Kam Hassah 7"

bogskaggmannen

ANENZEPHALIA "Noehaem" LP (Tesco)

Thought i'd revisit this one in preparations for the new LP. At the time (almost 10 years ago), I was a bit dissapointed with the album as a whole as I thought it lacked much of the rythms and subtle coldness that made "Ephemeral dawn" so great. Now, it actually strikes me as being very good, with its slow moving structures and the welcome lack of "aggression" that defines so much of power electronics these days. Not that Anenzephalia ever were very aggressive in approach but I miss more of this held back attitude, both in the vocal department and the musical.

tiny_tove

Quote from: RyanWreck on November 17, 2012, 05:09:37 AM
Speaking of Hardcore Italian Punk from the 80's, Chain Reaction - "Rottura Totale" is great stuff with a re-released of all their material on a comp. last year. Declino and Wretched had some really quality stuff too.
chain reaction were possibly one of the wildest underground band ever existed in Italy, in sounds and music.
I am looking forward to get this, especially for the unreleased track.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

tiny_tove

Quote from: Zeno Marx on November 16, 2012, 09:29:59 PM
Quote from: tiny_tove on November 16, 2012, 11:58:39 AM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on November 13, 2012, 11:49:24 PM
Nerorgasmo - s/t 1985 - why can't there be more interesting music like this - I'm new to them, so I'm curious to find their story.

Italian hardcore at its best. quite active in squats, yet with a nihilist aestetic of their own.
They (and negazione) have been the first Italian bands to use an emotional approach to music, you can feel an undercurrent tension and depression that was completely missing from most bands at the time.
technically quite skilled, very interesting and extreme lyrics. they have been re-descovered only recently thanks to the box version of their works.
Extremely aggressive with a strong sension of provocation. I loved their nativity scene with mary & joseph in the trash with baby jesus eaten by the bull and the donkey.

The singer died of heroin in 2000.
Thanks.  Appreciated.  Politics aside, EU 91 was doing some nice work on those Italian discographies.  Agipunk Classics was another good series.

well, you should check the excellent work done by the guys of http://www.lovehate80.it/libro/index.php?lang=en who are possibly the main supporters of this 80's HC revival we are living here at the moment.
the TVOR book is the strongest documentation of what was HC back then.
also Paolo Petralia's work with SOA is important with his re-release of PEGGIO PUNX, CRASH BOX, etc.

ConcreteMascara

The Sisters of Mercy - Time To Cry (2xLP) - I got this old bootleg recording for $5 at a local record shop. One side has some nasty scratches that effect playback, but aside from that the recording is pretty solid as is the song selection from 1985.

Nine Inch Nails - Broken (CD) - oldie but a goodie. feeling very highschool listening to it though. :P

Croatian Amor ‎– Mermaids Of Jadransko (Cassette) - mellow stuff. hoping to hear more from this project.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Levas

Stefano Ferrian - De Noize #02 I think some days ago these guys were playing in Finland, weren't they? this cd? well, rather nice and easy listening improvisation session. Nothing too fancy, but enjoyable.

VA - The Machine Started to Flow into a Vein vol. 3
CD, dedicated to NWW Lithuanian concert. Truly very good selected ambient works and spoken word by McKenzie. Good for long dark nights.

Trepaneringsritualen - Deathward, to the womb tape. I'm very glad that the stuff got rereleased. Great sounds, great music.

Diaphragmatic - Missing Time - Nice harsh noise and nice concept!

Miscreant - Birthright - a pity that the tape is so short. otherwise - interesting pe. enjoyed

tiny_tove

Trepaneringsritualen - Deathward, to the womb tape. possibly Tomas' best work to date -although I love everything I have listened to.

hannes

Svenska Dokument CS-box (Järtecknet)
Sewer Election & Frederikke Hoffmeier - Den blege gråe tone LP (second Sleep)

bitewerksMTB

Blasphemic Cruelty "devil's mayhem" LP
Ares Kingdom "return to dust" LP
Bathory "the return" LP

Mikerdeath