PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

FORZA  ALBINO infestation LP-  it's excellant! cover art reminds me of Come Org & the minimal synth with metal percussion brings Club Moral to mind but doesn't sound like C.M. Excellant vocals and lyrics. S2 is the best with the simple synth sounds building up. RECOMMENDED.

yesterday, listened to TxRxPx 10" & one side of Poison Idea's "Fatal Erection" LP & Nifelheim "Envoy of Lucifer" LP the night before

online prowler

DEVIATED SISTER TV

"Bestiae"
(Santos production, 2012, CS)

A friend recently lent me his copy of this CS. Now a days it is seldom that I find myself blown away be a contemporary PE release. This though, engraved itself in my skin. Concept album about a group of metal youths in Italy whom tortured and murdered a group of people some years back. Italian lyrics, female and male vox, spoken word/I presume excerpts pf an interview with one of the perpetrators - and a very very atmospheric and intense combo of PE and death industrial. Sparse, but effective production. Highly recommend this release. I am securing a copy for myself.

http://deviatedsistertv.blogspot.no/?zx=46f318d971471c2  

ConcreteMascara

V/A - Svenska Dokument 3xcassette - finally listened this start to finish and it was very satisfying. The first project, Enklav, was probably my least favorite, everything was satisfying. The Iron Pillar track stood out in particular, a very brutal, well structured assault. I det roda was fun too in a sort of scum rock/noise way. And as mentioned previously the 3rd tape is very good. For Swedish noise fanatics, this is essential.

Assault Guard - For Those Appreciative of the Sensual Properties of Rubber cassette - enjoyable crude noise with a nice rubbery synth :P
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

mdtdeath

Caligula 031 - Slavetrade 2000
Bizarre Uproar - Rape Africa

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on December 11, 2012, 04:44:51 AM
V/A - Svenska Dokument 3xcassette - finally listened this start to finish and it was very satisfying. The first project, Enklav, was probably my least favorite, everything was satisfying. The Iron Pillar track stood out in particular, a very brutal, well structured assault. I det roda was fun too in a sort of scum rock/noise way. And as mentioned previously the 3rd tape is very good. For Swedish noise fanatics, this is essential.

I actually enjoyed Enklav the most - despite coming off as a kind of Vivenza-tribute group. Not sure if all sound sources are machines though, some of the loops seems more like short snippets of man-made sounds. The unaltered nature of the sounds and their blending between each other with quite rhythmical results appeal a lot to me. Hängd doesn't do anything for me, tiresome synth-driven PE with powerless and embarrasing vocals. I Det Röda - ploy noise rock. Iron Pillar is quite competent and nicely varied throughout but some of the sounds are too thin and the religious samples doesn't always work. Krökta Rum then - I have listened to this material a lot during the last weeks. I wasn't too fond of the LP (also on Järtecknet) but here the tape manipulations work splendidly, interesting when you can't really make up what the sources are, like in the second part. The editing is perfect and the parts are good in length. Orquere lastly - could in a way be compared with Enklav, but less mechanic and more layered sound. Not the same obvious loopbase that drives the track forward, but instead nice additions of clangs. This material was also better than the CD on L&B, which felt a bit emotionless and stiff in parts.

Seems like the projects Viktor is involved in became the keepers here for me at least.

mfr

Repugnant: Epitome of Darkness, LP.
Cultes des Ghoules: Spectres over Transylvania, LP

ARKHE

WE GAVE THEM THE FUTURE BUT THEY WANTED THE PAST v/a tape

Tight-knit and strong compilation of modern UK power electronic/industrial acts, in the year when everybody's gloating over what happened 30 years ago. Very satisfactory, no bad tracks. The one on the A side (Caustic Qualm?) with the tubular bells was quite unsettling. The one instrumental piece felt a bit unfinished, and some of the acts were a bit too similar in vocal approaches, but that was the only negative I could find. Haven't heard the US PE 3cd, but seems 2012 was a good year for geographical v/a's. Recommended.

ARKTAU EOS - Unworeldes + IOH MAERA
Dark stuff. Probably even better heard from proper releases, rather than promo mp3s, but you can't have everything...

WITCH CROSS - Fit for fight
Old Danish heavy metal band dug up by Hell's Headbangers, from 1984 I think. Classic metal in the NWOBHM style, great vocalist and perfectly ridiculous lyrics.

P-K

any word on the Anenzephalia "23" cassette ? ......

Half Aborted

Quote from: ARKHE on December 12, 2012, 04:23:53 PM
WE GAVE THEM THE FUTURE BUT THEY WANTED THE PAST v/a tape

Tight-knit and strong compilation of modern UK power electronic/industrial acts, in the year when everybody's gloating over what happened 30 years ago. Very satisfactory, no bad tracks. The one on the A side (Caustic Qualm?) with the tubular bells was quite unsettling.

Content Nullity, which was my favourite track on the compilation. Proud to be part of it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Levas

Listening to Changes - Orphan in the Storm and Lament

one of those rare neofolk bands that I miss from time to time. Nice music

sterilization

Quote from: P-K on December 12, 2012, 06:57:07 PM
any word on the Anenzephalia "23" cassette ? ......

Ouch... I can't believe I just paid $25 for a tape. Better be good.

Levas

I guess spinning new Flooded church of asmodeus cd does not sound right. so BLASTING new Flooded church of asmodeus cd. more than half an hour of perfectness!!!

SiClark

It's a damn good album.

absurdexposition

tonight:

Disgust - Time Ruins Everything
Disgust - Where Angels Fear to Tread
Jason Lescalleet - The Pilgrim
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

andy vomit

MURDEROUS VISION - black hellbore: a quiver of arrows
hellish, brooding and oppressive black ambience from one of the masters.  for my money, MV is consistently one of the best in the genre. 

CONTROL RESISTANCE - declaration 1994-2011
i knew of CR, i'd just never heard the project before.  really great stuff.  i like how the vocals aren't just randomly shouted over the music; there's a rhythmic pattern to them that makes the tracks more like actual "songs."  nice inclusion of the CON-DOM track, too.

MARTIN BLADH: - dirge: the peter sotos files
amazing industrial noise/sound collage.  possibly more unsettling than the actual "buyers market" disc.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com