PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invisible War

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on December 16, 2012, 10:35:37 PM
Finally copies of Anenzephalia Kaltweld in my hands and after one spin, I must say that highlight tracks REALLY stand out. Thinking, that I heard few of these tracks when Anenzephalia played in Finland several years ago, and still could instantly recognize track when it starts! I think composition of album is brilliant, and for me this was very nice move forward from previous album (not bad either, though). First couple of tracks I thought vocal sound was somewhat separate from music itself, having very different frequencies/atmosphere as if it was put on top of instrumental piece much later under different circumstances? But very quickly you either get used to it, or it simply starts to blend in better. Not all tracks are absolute stand out classics, but fact that there are several of them, and rest stand strong - makes album ESSENTIAL purchase.
Due some conditions, so far listened just CD, but giving LP spin as soon as possible and I have slight expectation that some tracks may work even better on LP.

Wholeheartedly agreed. Probably my top album of 2012 (should be a thread for top 2012 releases). It was also a pleasant surprise to see printed lyrics, as they confirm many of the philosophical concepts that I've recognized in Anenzephalia's work over the years. Aes, Bodies Of Gold, and Paradies are my favorite tracks, but like you said, all of them are strong.

acsenger

Giancarlo Toniutti & Maurizio Bianchi – CD 1 from V/A Broken Flag - A Retrospective 1982-85 5CD (Vinyl-On-Demand)

Didn't care much for the Toniutti tracks. They have a peculiar atmosphere but overall they just sound like experiments that didn't work out well to me. The two M.B. tracks are not the most focused but they still have his unique sound that I love.

SnuffSnuff CD (Filth & Violence)

Nasty and in-your-face PE. Nothing arty, that's for sure. A bit painful after a while, but that's the way it's intended, obviously.

SPKAuto-Da-Fe, Information Overload Unit & Leichenschrei CDs (Mute/The Grey Area)

Haven't listened to these in years. I remembered them sounding much more dated. I was surprised how much I enjoyed Auto-Da-Fe: both the industrial tracks as well as the more synth-pop stuff (some of which sound a bit clumsy to me but that's part of their charm). I.O.U. is a classic. I still don't like Leichenschrei as much as the other two CDs. It's a bit unfocused for me.
I also like the pictures on the artwork for all 3 CDs: nice medical and strange cultural pics.

M.B. Nervo/Hydra CD (Kubitsuri Tapes)

Reissue of a cassette from 1981. As is the case with M.B. cassettes, it's not exactly spectacular in terms of composition, but this one isn't the worst either, and I liked it very much for that typical M.B. atmosphere.

TenelevenTeneleven CD (Doubtmusic)

A project of Mitsuru Nasuno, bassist in Korekyojinn, Altered States; he also plays with Keiji Haino and lots of other bands. The label describes this CD as dark prog rock influenced by Ash Ra and Heldon, among others. This is true to some extent, but overall it's hard to categorize the album. There are synths and electronic noises but not a lot of rock in quite a few songs. An interesting album with some really good tracks but overall probably not worth the $30 I paid for it.

RyanWreck

Quote from: KMusselman on December 19, 2012, 11:48:15 PM
hey Keith, maybe your next release should have one of these:

this way you would be sure to not "offend" anyone.

Man, imagine if this image were to bleed into the underground. The criteria that most labels use now-a-days is ridiculous, going way beyond "strong language or depictions of violence, sex, or substance abuse." Pretty much the entire Noise/PE/Industrial scene is going to be covered in warnings. I remember seeing a big thing about Wal-Mart pulling albums with 40oz's and big black bitches in bikinis on the cover. Just think how much shit Nicole 12 or Taint would get trying to sell their stuff at a Wal-Mart... hah!

bitewerksMTB

"Shoot Ready" is the title of the cd-r. A couple of those tracks are on the soundcloud page.

There's a 4-track cd-r I did a few months back called "Grim Conditions" that a few people received.. maybe someone who has it can give it a review as this is the first
mention of it in public. Less than 13 are out there as I still haven't sent them all out yet.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Merzbow ‎– Lowest Music & Arts 1980 - 1983 (Vinyl-on-demand 2012) 10 x Lp + 7" Ep

Very, very good release. I guess this is a logic supplement to MERZBOX. As always, Frank did wonderful job. Highly recomended.

HHL

Minotaur: Obsession
Mass Marriage: Nothing Underneath
Caligula031: SlaveTrade2000

P-K

all week :
http://youtu.be/7IonG_A_Wjo
synthpop from Finland. good fun !

RyanWreck

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 20, 2012, 10:27:28 PM
"Shoot Ready" is the title of the cd-r. A couple of those tracks are on the soundcloud page.

There's a 4-track cd-r I did a few months back called "Grim Conditions" that a few people received.. maybe someone who has it can give it a review as this is the first
mention of it in public. Less than 13 are out there as I still haven't sent them all out yet.

Send me a copy and I'll review it! eh, eh?

cipher chris

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 21, 2012, 08:47:50 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 20, 2012, 10:27:28 PM

Send me a copy and I'll review it! eh, eh?
same offer!  if necessary I'm happy to be the bigger cunt.

bitewerksMTB

Only made 13 copies so no leftovers. Mikko should have it. After I get the others to the owners, I'll put a track or 2 up on the soundcloud. The material is really short & I had some packaging made for something that never happened so just threw something together for the hell of it. Package has no information or titles.

FreakAnimalFinland

yep, I have it. Spray painted cdr in neat handmade wire-mesh & collage sleeve. Short disc. Not yet comments on music, though. Have had it in corner of desk for long, but we live the time of year when blaze in the northern sky reigns. Playlist consisted first of all Pää Kii debut LP, which is hardly a revolutionary punk rock media tries to present it to be, but solid Bergman 77 punkrock output. And then the remaining is mostly Finnish & east european bm.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

whateverforever

np:
v/a-Angst
arriving perfectly on xmass eve.

STREETMEAT

Anenzephalia ‎– 23
really, this release rubs me a little better then the new cd/lp

ironfistofthesun

Conrad Schnitzler ‎– Con 3 lp ( con goes pop )

Jeff Wayne ‎– Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds/ new generation ( mega delux vinyl edition gets a re-re working with new production and liam neeson as richard burton...fantastic recording! )

x-tg desert shore ( the horrendously named xtg..minus gen gets their kaos pads out...no dirt no passion very dull. All sounds are computer based electronics and clean korg silly adult toys..

Latest FA batch on vinyl..
love the grunt lp ( great classical samples and inspiring texts in booklet)
Bretheren cd ...propper in the red recording and in your face!
boy dirt car winter box set ..great!
PTV themes box set...some nice bits...some ok bits...great document tho!

martialgodmask

Quote from: ironfistofthesun on December 28, 2012, 01:40:59 PM
Latest FA batch on vinyl..
love the grunt lp ( great classical samples and inspiring texts in booklet)
Bretheren cd ...propper in the red recording and in your face!

Had cd versions of both on in the car last two days. Brethren is great but the Grunt is fantastic. I love the flow from one track to the next, each one standing on their own but coming together also like a continual unrelenting piece, burst after burst. Great sounds, great vocals and great art/text!