PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

Quote from: linxtyx on March 13, 2013, 07:09:11 PM
I was spinning V/A "Art of deviance" 2xTape today. I did it a few times and...it is bad.
I was surprised at first because of the names (all 4!) involved in this. But it felt like all tracks were old left overs or just recorded with lack of interest into release and idea itself.
I don't want to offend (or do I?) anyone, but there is no way I can be positive about this release.

I don't think they will be offended by negative reviews, since they are all grown ups(unlike William Bennett)
I personally liked the release, nothing mind blowing or surprising but it doesn't always need to be. Just solid filth and sleaze.
I think the "best of the average" category would be very fitting Art Of Deviance.
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

Scat-O-Logy

I looked out of the window, thinking to myself should I go skiing or just start my morning with a good old noise tape so here I am listening to Dada Fuck by Pussyfooter which is a set consisting of one CS, one 7" and an ugly box (haha). The 7" has some very cool metal banging which is always nice but sadly I didn't "feel the connection". I then popped in the CS and wow! What a nice piece of rotten filth with very old vibe to it. Really enjoyable listen. Strangely enough, I have had this for about three months now and this is my first listen. I have couple of other Pussyfooter releases but this is by far their best. Great work guys!

I was spinning V/A "Art of deviance" 2xTape today. I did it a few times and...it is bad.
I was surprised at first because of the names (all 4!) involved in this. But it felt like all tracks were old left overs or just recorded with lack of interest into release and idea itself.
I don't want to offend (or do I?) anyone, but there is no way I can be positive about this release.
Only UNCLEAN was different for my ears, somehow it was higher then other three.

I personally loved this tape. The only bad track was "Mouth Pigs" by STAB and even though the Chloroform Rapist track was quite nice, I didn't really get the point. I don't really have any favorites on it but very strong release overall. Unclean & CM did definitely a great job together and I wish them all the best for their upcoming gig in Vantaa. Pidän sormet ristissä, hyvin on äijät valmistautunut. :)

FreakAnimalFinland

Kaija Saariaho "Cinq Reflects / Nymphea Reflection / Oltra Mar" CD
Another brilliant modern classical release. Occasionally get very monumental and pompous, but also can keep minimalism and abstraction.

Jazz Hijokaidan "Made In Japan" CD
I don't know why this would be really called "jazz hijokaidan" as only real difference is the one sax player joining in c. 40 minutes of total live noise havoc. Non-stop total energy chaos with great sound. Very good!

Hijokaidan "made in studio" CD
In other hand, this is more of jazz hijokaidan! 4 tracks, and this follows idea of their previous studio albums. Even if 2 massive tracks include their trademark "everybody make as much noise as you can" approach, in middle, there are thrown two stripped down tracks involving only couple of the members. Clarinet sound is quite piercings as opposed to saxophone. It's surprisingly good choice!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Levas

V/A "Art of deviance"

I think the dubbing quality also has to do with the overall impression. + I've got a few complaints that the right or left channel on one or another tape has been muted. No one else noticed that? Well, I hope Corrosive Art will resolve these issues

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Levas on March 14, 2013, 09:38:43 AM
V/A "Art of deviance"

I think the dubbing quality also has to do with the overall impression. + I've got a few complaints that the right or left channel on one or another tape has been muted. No one else noticed that? Well, I hope Corrosive Art will resolve these issues

I had no issues with channel balances but it was quite tricky to get my copy of STAB/CR cassette playing. After rolling it back and forth for like an hour I was able to get it fixed.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 14, 2013, 07:41:05 AM
I looked out of the window, thinking to myself should I go skiing or just start my morning with a good old noise tape so here I am listening to Dada Fuck by Pussyfooter which is a set consisting of one CS, one 7" and an ugly box (haha). The 7" has some very cool metal banging which is always nice but sadly I didn't "feel the connection". I then popped in the CS and wow! What a nice piece of rotten filth with very old vibe to it. Really enjoyable listen. Strangely enough, I have had this for about three months now and this is my first listen. I have couple of other Pussyfooter releases but this is by far their best. Great work guys!

Only UNCLEAN was different for my ears, somehow it was higher then other three.

I personally loved this tape. The only bad track was "Mouth Pigs" by STAB and even though the Chloroform Rapist track was quite nice, I didn't really get the point. I don't really have any favorites on it but very strong release overall. Unclean & CM did definitely a great job together and I wish them all the best for their upcoming gig in Vantaa. Pidän sormet ristissä, hyvin on äijät valmistautunut. :)

we are prepared
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Levas

RL:ZZ - Phantom Silence - when expectations are too high, it is not good. After previous tapes, I thought this will blow me away. Well, this is good album, but it seemed that tapes were better

Yannick Franck - Hierophany - I've heard about this artist for the first time, but got curious since Monochrome has released it. And it's basically what it states - good ambient.

Halalnihil - Pyrocumulonimbus - my oh my. Took a copy just because I was curious and didn't want to miss a release on Murderabilia. But this project sounds like a joke to me. There are a few decent parts, but overall it's like LLN on drugs. And track titles.. Fuck Wolf Puppies And Their Dead Mother .. are you for real?

Vulgar Disease - Alarma!
- this one is good. maybe a little too long (almost 80 minutes), but overall good noise/pe

bitewerksMTB

Vagina Dentata Organ- live in berlin 1-sided picdisc 12"; fun record. smashing glass & drumming, makes me want to crank the volume. too bad there's no side 2.

Windhand- s/t LP; doom metal with female vocals. nothing original or special but i like them. one song sounds so much like Cough (split w/them due next month) that i thought they shared a band member.

Anenzephalia- kaltwelt (or whatever) LP; this is really good, like everyone said. previously, i only liked the live rel's. sold off the debut 7" & LP years ago, neither were that great but a cd with both would be welcome, maybe i'd like'em more now. best side of the new LP is the one that starts off with the music box. wish the vocals would get a little more intense at times.

also have played everythng by Cough & i'm waiting on The New Sadism "Urge to Kill" LP!

Ritual

IRM "Order4" CD
This is the best thing to come out of Sweden. Monumental industrial masterpiece! Such great tension constantly building itself up and occasionally erupting in short bursts of violent chaos.

yosef666

Quote from: Levas on March 14, 2013, 09:38:43 AM
V/A "Art of deviance"

No dubbing issues on my copy. It sounds fine on both my home stereo system and my walkman.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

online prowler

Quote from: Levas on March 15, 2013, 10:06:56 AM
RL:ZZ - Phantom Silence - when expectations are too high, it is not good. After previous tapes, I thought this will blow me away. Well, this is good album, but it seemed that tapes were better

Yannick Franck - Hierophany - I've heard about this artist for the first time, but got curious since Monochrome has released it. And it's basically what it states - good ambient.

Halalnihil - Pyrocumulonimbus - my oh my. Took a copy just because I was curious and didn't want to miss a release on Murderabilia. But this project sounds like a joke to me. There are a few decent parts, but overall it's like LLN on drugs. And track titles.. Fuck Wolf Puppies And Their Dead Mother .. are you for real?

Vulgar Disease - Alarma!
- this one is good. maybe a little too long (almost 80 minutes), but overall good noise/pe

Haven't heard this V.D. release. Enjoyed his album - Odio, Caos Y Destrucciòn - on Turgid anno 2012. Good shit. Haven't checked out RL:ZZ yet. The release on Unrest seems to have potential - Shrine - I think the title was. Have anyone heard cuts from the new IFOTS yet?

Scat-O-Logy

Once again listening to Peenemünde CD and can't but worship it. One of my favorite "industrial noise" releases. Any recommendations?

FreakAnimalFinland

Well, in month or so, Peenemünde "II" CD on Freak Animal. Style has changed quite a lot, but in my opinion, for better! THIS will kill. When I heard the unfinished tracks while visiting band member, I just offered CD deal instantly. It's colder, more electric, yet noisy stuff.  Same time coming Jaakko Vanhala's new CD, Budrus CD. Both are absolute masterpieces. Vanhala's CD could be boldly said to be harsh noise album of the year - easily. If not of decade! hah.  Budrus in other hand is something utterly unique. Material that I don't think anyone has made. Mixing drone, power electronics, downtempo beats, acoustic instruments, etc.. and while elements may feel like "oh, I see.." I can say it doesn't really sound like what one probably expects? Brilliant.  And also coming Bizarre Uproar "unsafe and insane" CD (1st LP on digital format) and Bizarre Uproar "mass/ff" CD...  "FF" is possibly one of the most rare BU releases and I don't know anyone besides myself who actually had it. Not even artists himself, hah..  This pre-dated Mass, but has the similar atmosphere of ultra brutal thick and heavy textured instrumental noise. Together these two things present different side of BU what is not heard on any other BU releases and therefore really demanded to be re-issued properly...
So yes, playlist has been consisting mostly rotations of my own next releases, and some of then unnecessary long delayed due reasons that aren't clear even to me. But good to see all these coming soon!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Human Larvae

The Budrus I heard from 2009 was quite exciting. Looking forward to this new output!

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 16, 2013, 11:11:28 AM
Well, in month or so, Peenemünde "II" CD on Freak Animal. Style has changed quite a lot, but in my opinion, for better! THIS will kill. When I heard the unfinished tracks while visiting band member, I just offered CD deal instantly. It's colder, more electric, yet noisy stuff.  Same time coming Jaakko Vanhala's new CD, Budrus CD. Both are absolute masterpieces. Vanhala's CD could be boldly said to be harsh noise album of the year - easily. If not of decade! hah.  Budrus in other hand is something utterly unique. Material that I don't think anyone has made. Mixing drone, power electronics, downtempo beats, acoustic instruments, etc.. and while elements may feel like "oh, I see.." I can say it doesn't really sound like what one probably expects? Brilliant.  And also coming Bizarre Uproar "unsafe and insane" CD (1st LP on digital format) and Bizarre Uproar "mass/ff" CD...  "FF" is possibly one of the most rare BU releases and I don't know anyone besides myself who actually had it. Not even artists himself, hah..  This pre-dated Mass, but has the similar atmosphere of ultra brutal thick and heavy textured instrumental noise. Together these two things present different side of BU what is not heard on any other BU releases and therefore really demanded to be re-issued properly...
So yes, playlist has been consisting mostly rotations of my own next releases, and some of then unnecessary long delayed due reasons that aren't clear even to me. But good to see all these coming soon!

New Peenemünde sounds very cool as I assumed it to be one-off project. Don't mind about style changes since PPT & PD have yet to disappoint me. I only have the Sprachlos CS by Vanhala and I think it's very strong release even though not really my kinda stuff. I have heard many positive comments about the FA CD but haven't purchased it because of the impression I got from the CS. Really fucking good, but not just something I would listen frequently. Same goes for Encephalophonic which I remember being quite similar? I have yet to purchase the self-released Budrus CD but at least the track on Untergeschoss didn't really impress me. The noise on that particular track didn't really work with Levas' strong vocal offering. That's just my opinion though. Your description about the upcoming Budrus album sounds very interesting. I must check that one out!
And last but not least, some BU reissues. Great news! I have "Unsafe And Insane" record and it's really strong BU and if I remember correctly, "Mass" is half an hour of pure noise terror. I just ordered an used copy of "Mass" 10" a while ago so this is quite funny coincidence, heh. Excited about "FF" since I haven't ever seen a copy (except the 15yrs of BU DVD).

Currently: SPK - Leichenschrei