PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P A N I C

Quote from: nowirehangers on March 19, 2013, 08:06:36 AM
A bunch of Magnolia Electric Company, I have always had a soft spot for "Alt_country" or whatever, and hearing of Jason Molina's death has me really bummed.
Ditto. Oh man, this really hit hard. Earlier today already played Magnolia Electric Co. and Didn't It Rain, and just played Ghost Tropic and Magnolia Electric Co. another time through headphones. Hold On Magnolia is giving me goosebumps all over:

QuoteHold on, Magnolia, I hear that station bell ring
You might be holding the last light I see
Before the dark finally gets a hold of me

Hold on, Magnolia, I know what a true friend you've been
In my life I have had my doubts
But tonight I think I've worked it out with all of them

Hold on, Magnolia, to the thunder and the rain
To the lightning that has just signed my name to the bottom line

Hold on, Magnolia, I hear that lonesome whistle whine
Hold on, Magnolia, I think its almost time

Glad to've seen him live a couple years ago when he was touring for Josephine. He'll truly be missed. :(

Lust

MANIA
Grim Conditions
/SSRI
/HH collab

Mania delivers once again, I can't but love this project, both Grim... and split w/SSRI are once again great stuff and I love the full colour covers also, collab w/HH sound good but the packaging is just weak, one sided insert in a ziplock bag, äh, that's just weak, thankfully the tape is great.

bitewerksMTB

The New Sadism "Urge to Kill" LP- this is a must-own! I'd love to see Lyoto Music released on vinyl too. I thought T.N.S. was a collab between Swastika Kommando & Mauthausen Orch but M.O. wasn't involved..

If the Mania/HH gets reissued, it'll have better artwork & an extra track.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 17, 2013, 09:06:27 PM
I think my interest towards Encephalophonic started fading after their third CS, "Chronicity Of A Disease" which wasn't as strong as two of their previous ones (IF, I remember correctly). Metal Obsession was very good cut-up mayhem, with some nice acoustic junks and the presentation of SSR was very fitting in my opinion. Then came "Beauty / Death" on Emanuele's own Audio Dissection label, once again, very nice, but a lot shorter this time. I remember seeing the artwork for the first time and thought it to be... well... very appealing, hah.

Well, I fucking didn't. I just listened to "Chronicity Of A Disease" and it was filled with very strong n' harsh recordings, possibly being the best Encephalophonic so far even though I really enjoyed "Metal Obsession". I think the reason why I had such delusions about this tape might be because I was in the military at the time and didn't have much time to focus on various releases. Seems like I must revisit my purchases from that time, heh.

online prowler

DUSA

"Glesbygdsbox"

Sold out from label Åderlatning Produktion ( http://aderlatning.se/ ), made avail as free digital dwnlwd a while a go. After P-K introduced Dusa and Tusen År Under Jord here on the forum I have become hooked on both projects. Unique, nocturnal and very beautiful compositions. Dwnlwding the Glesbygdbox as I write, looking forward to listen.

Download in digital format here:
http://www.aderlatning.se/mp3/glesbygdsbox.zip

The file contains all music/sounds and artwork from the original box, except for the songs on the dubplate 7".

Levas

K2 - Quaking Earth - great tape. I'm not such a big fan of the stuff K2 does and usually rather picky, but this tape was really enjoyable,

Deprivation / The Streetcleaner - Deprivation sound was rather weak and did not convince me. The Streetcleaner was much much better. Nice presentation of vocals.

Being - Battery Cages III - from description of the album (focus on gated fuzz pedals and tapes) I can see why I had some questions during play time about what's happening there. But overall - nice development and though nothing too exceptional, decent harsh noise.

Sewer Pyssalos - II in I
- heh. like a fresh breeze of wind in between noises comes weird cut-up audio collage. Cute tape of previously released material

Raven - Extinction - well, this is one of the worse that I've listened to yesterday. Cold industrial noise? yes, digital sounds without any clear development.

Royal Tropical Institute - Ancestral Totem - one more deviation from industrial sounds. I don't know how it should be called though - chill out? Drum'n'bass? not an expert in that sort of sounds..

Wertham - Lombroso - nice tape. Quite varied. Isn't the last track a cover song of some sorts?

Drug Age - Alphabet - great harsh noise. Waiting for the 4xCS from second sleep.

Everyday Loneliness - Omissions
- unexpectedly good, calm and melancholic release. While listening to that I started thinking how good it is to listen to ambient on tape or vinyl and not on cd..

Mania / SSRI - split - great. While SSRI leans towards more blunt and dense sound torture, Mania presents exciting and more clear material even with vocals. And what's bad with HH/Mania artwork?

Bound Bible - s/t
- rather nice and melodic black metal with the guy from Cremation Lily on drums and guitars or so

Cremation Lily - April Twenty-One -a few posts ago I was whining about the Cremation Lily and this release just corrects everything I thought about that project. The best release of his I've heard. Dense PE with synths etc. Perfect.

Council of Europa - Star Life Cycle
- I wonder if Strange Rules are having plans on releasing some rap albums? because they already cover such a wide range.. This one's EBM. It's ok.

Levas

En Nihil / Striations - split - nicely done and interesting tape. Striations fit a little more for my taste from the first spin, but overall - very good release.

Cremation Lily ‎– Passing Stone / Fires Frame The Silhouette - a little too short. B side has a nice track. vocals on A side sounds weird..

Ultimastanza - A Jewel in a dunghill - great, dense and noisy stuff.. I don't remember if it was Ultimastanza that I find not too interesting from the previous batch or not. Anyways, this time it's very good.

Ultimastanza - Corpse talk for the downright passiveness - this one's leaning further from atmospheric sounds, but good.

Parijna - The Age of Scentless Imperilment - monotonous, dark and oppressive. Enjoyable stuff, leaning more towards industrial.

Lebensfaden - Desnos
- this one is more into darker ambient/industrial too. One of the more interesting of Lebensfaden from what I can remember.

Lebensfaden - Eine Sattigung der Leere - this is somewhat rerelease, limited to 13 copies or so. Don't remember if the stuff is different from the first one or not. Good atmosphere when oscillating sounds throughout the whole tape does not necessarily mean that it is getting boring very soon

Cremation Lily - Votive Mirror - this one is also very good tape of CL.

John Madigan Moloney ‎– Dialectic Tzara - weirder album of today. Perhaps even weirder than Sewer Pyssalos. I don't know if I liked it or not, but it delivers what label promised.. At least it seems so. Just that orange foam on the case... It's like some sort of alien maggot holding it. Where shall I put it?

Contemporary harsh noise vol. II - Disconnection - it's a pity that I missed the first part. A Snake in the Garden is awesome harsh junk noise assault! Perfect! Coastal is boring HNW assault. Endless Sea is decent harsh noise assault and Fissure is not too good harsh noise assault..

Am Not ‎– First Morbid Vibrations - this is one fantastic tape! after unsuccessful start with the pressing plant, it's finally in here. Heavy and thick industrial sounds. A must!

RyanWreck

I thoroughly enjoyed the Hal Hutchinson/Mania collaboration artwork and the sounds as well. The actual Mania/Hal Hutchinson split on Der Bunker is fucking awesome too, highly recommended. The Mania track definitely has a new feel to it that I haven't heard from Mania much, and it is great.

Nil By Mouth

talking about Cremation Lily, I don't find any kind of contacts. Is the same guy of Strange Rules or I missed something?

RyanWreck

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on March 20, 2013, 06:09:03 PM
talking about Cremation Lily, I don't find any kind of contacts. Is the same guy of Strange Rules or I missed something?

Have you tried my forums? He is active there, check out the Strange Rules/Cremation Lily thread:

http://www.stenchforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=457

Or you can try his email which I PM'd you.

online prowler

Levas.

"Am Not ‎– First Morbid Vibrations - this is one fantastic tape! after unsuccessful start with the pressing plant, it's finally in here. Heavy and thick industrial sounds. A must!"

This tape is one of my personal favs of last year. Hard cock all the way. Vangelis on meth plotting the Queen's demise. I recommend it to all. On a note on CL I have to say I enjoy this project a lot. Haven't heard all his releases, but I find them very well composed and executed, as well as having a lyrical sensibility which one doesn't see in PE/industrial/noise often.

Looking forward to hear TxRxP's new 7" Judas Goat. 

P-K

Quote from: KMusselman on March 21, 2013, 09:49:15 PM
fans of Kraftwerk take note.

sorry, already took note of this :  http://youtu.be/byYl3erK3cc  ;-)

RyanWreck

Francisco Meirino ‎– An Unnecessary Nothingness (Dokumentarisk Agenda Records, 2012) - Good experimental soundscapes. Some fairly light stuff, reminiscent of maybe Taylor Dupree's more "lowercase" type stuff ala 12k/line and some very simplified, distilled acoustic noise.

P-K

all day, on repeat : lots & lots of Jarl, one can never have enough Jarl...

Scat-O-Logy

Received a lot of great stuff from Järtecknet & FA (thanks guys!!!) today and have been playing them on the background for the whole day but the album I'm currently listening, the new RJF record, made me stop everything, sit down and simply focus. I can't compare it to any other artist. Maybe cleaner version of BOTC, yet more organized? I really don't know but what I do know is that I love it and it got me completely off-guard. I recommend this to all of you, it works on so many levels!

Edit: BOTC = Blood Ov Thee Christ (I'm sure you knew it, just wanted to clear that out)