PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleak Existence

Hal Hutchinson - taste of iron

online prowler

Revisiting the Stabwound Empire & Lasers of the inquisition tape split. Stabwound is a one man Power electronics project. Heavy distortion, delay, samples, vinyl abuse and desperate vox. Lasers - a solo project as well - is rusty spaceships disintegrating in the ætmosphere. Arp synthscapes. Bleak ambient with a feel for Klaus Schulze. Looking forward to hear more material coming from these two. The tape is long sold out, but you can listen and download (pay as much you like) the material in the link below:

http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com/album/lasers-of-the-inquisition-stabwound-empire

Levas

Haare - A split second in eternity - interesting material. Quite unexpected. Cold, minimalistic, somewhat cosmic. Good.

RU-486 - Concealed Weaponry 2005-2010 - Disease Foundry does an excellent packaging! That's for sure. As for this one - it's quita ok compilation of all those short releases of the project etc.

Aarni / Persistence in Mourning
- listened to these for the first time. Aarni material is great avantgarde doom metal or so. Persistence in Mourning is quite average.

Steel Hook Prostheses - Live and Unanesthetized - well.. I have quite a problem with this project. Their material is always good soundwise etc., but I never got myself enjoying too much. The same is for this tape.

Concrete Isolation Box ‎– C.I.B
- this one is indeed one very good harsh noise tape. B side is a little weaker, but great stuff.

S-21 - To Keep You Is No Benefit. To Destroy You Is No Loss.
- Concrete Violin with Richard Ramirez. Not bad tape.

Ashmonger

United States Bestial Forces (L.White, 3CD): Finally started listening to this (after about 2 months). Just finished the first CD. And it is a bit as expected: there's little that's just not good, lot of tracks which are ok to good and then again little that's really good. From a first listen it seems like I liked the Deeper Wells and Violent Pink tracks most. Richard Ramirez track is nice as well, though I don't think I'd be interested in getting a full release of this. Fire In The Head and Koufar seem well done, but not really my cup of tea. Now up to CD 2 and 3 and after that I'll probably start over once more. Btw, not that I check out all the flip sides of CDs, but I did with these and they look strange. Never seen CDs that are banded like these. Has anybody seen CDs like this before?

Grunt - Seer of Decay (Freak Animal, 2CD): First CD is really good. I really like that first track with the nearly Ambient atmosphere combined with the harsher sounds. The second CD is good too, though this pure metal junk is for me only good for once in a while. I like metal sounds, but I really like it way more when it is combined with other sounds and/or vocals.

The Black Scorpio Underground/The Vomit Arsonist (Hate Mail Recors, 7"): Well, this seems a bit disappointing. Didn't know TBSU, so got it for TVA, but on this split neither seem very good. Will listen again... Also, don't like the artwork. Front side is just a picture of I don't know what, backside is a crappy pixelated picture.

Scat-O-Logy

I'm currently listening to "The Atrocities EP" by Three Winters from Beläten bandcamp. This was the only tape which interested me from the latest Beläten batch. The tracks somehow reminds me of the "Day Of The Dead" soundtrack. Maybe little bit more modern and poppy but the atmosphere is somewhat the same. Really interesting tape and I'm excited to receive my copy. I was also able to purchase the last copy of latest PI comp from Beläten so no reasons to complain, heh.

bitewerksMTB

Currently listening to a rip of the new FFH LP, "Make Them Understand". It's a big improvement over most of the 10 min tapes he's done. Too bad it's so limited & pricey.

FreakAnimalFinland

Waiting for handful of copies to arrive...
I think best FFH I have heard has been collaboration with Prurient. Very limited special packaged tape release that would easily deserve reissued as LP or CD....
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 26, 2013, 08:46:10 PM
I think best FFH I have heard has been collaboration with Prurient. Very limited special packaged tape release that would easily deserve reissued as LP or CD....

The LP is good but not $35-good. That collab, is it "Women of War" or something? I remember asking someone to grab a copy of whatever was done for the No Fun fest but he said it was like $45. If it was reissued, it would lose its kvltneSS.

st1z

Vivenza LP reissues "Réalité De L'Automation", "Réalités Servomécaniques" and "Modes Réels Collectifs"
Really good stuff, pure industial machine sounds but at the same time sounds almost organic. I need to get the hold of the "Veriti Plastici" LP reissue. Are the later CDs any good?

Iron Fist Of The Sun - "Who Will Help Me Wash My Right Hand" LP and "Sulphur Bloodlines" 12"  ‎
Interesting project, quite unique among other power electronics projects I think. The LP continues the "melodic" structured style from "Tears Royal", while the 12" is much heavier, more straight forward PE. Need to spin both a couple of more times, but so far I'm impressed.

Scat-O-Logy

Received my copy of AMPH's "Polar / Mongol" today (thanks Peter!!!) and I must say I really liked the minimal looks of it. Just a simple record sleeve with an A4 sized insert, both good quality printings. The beginning was quite awkward since I accidentally played the side A on wrong speed but it still sounded very good to me. "Polar" is quite droney track but there's still a lot going on in the background. I might be making this up but I'm sure I heard at least breezing of the wind and cracking of ice (when its cold enough ice makes those sounds) and in case my observations were right, it makes perfect sense with the track title, "Polar". "Mongol" takes my mind from frostbitten winter to summer heat, starting little bit calmer with what I recognized to be field recordings of bugs and trees swinging in the breeze. The intensiveness grows throughout the track, being total mayhem in the end (involving wildlife making strange noises) and when the intensiveness levels hits the roof the track starts slowly fading towards the end in the finest tradition, presenting yet another example of the skills of this duo.

In my opinion the sound quality on side A was very good and the levels were in perfect balance but on side B, especially when the track was in its most intense, the sound got little out of focus and the highs took over little bit too much. But maybe I just should take my pink dress out of the closet and start dancing ballet...

Anyway, the release was very impressing and enjoyable in every way and I think it's nice to see one of my favorite labels, Sprachlos Verlag, taking their business to a next level, still, being able to maintain their high quality standards.

horse worship

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 26, 2013, 11:27:34 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 26, 2013, 08:46:10 PM

The LP is good but not $35-good. That collab, is it "Women of War" or something? I remember asking someone to grab a copy of whatever was done for the No Fun fest but he said it was like $45. If it was reissued, it would lose its kvltneSS.

It's crazy how fast that sold out. Got the email in the morning, went to work, was going to order that afternoon. Gone.

P-K

Kajkyt : krst 2xpiclp
....never heard of Slobodan Kajkut before. first reaction was WTF is this. http://youtu.be/TpxXxPia1ho
minimal artwork, no notes ...
http://www.kajkut.com/krst.html

Steve

Scat-O-Logy's description of the latest AMPH release is spot on. Visually stunning, aurally mind-blowing . One of thee best pieces of vinyl I have heard in a long while. 

acsenger

Werkbund - Aquis Submersus (CD, Walter Ulbricht Schallfolien, 1989)

Perfect late night headphone listening! Great atmospheric postindustrial music; dark in mood but luckily not really dark ambient. Great cover too and some strange texts (I think one translates as "Begin the day with dying").

implicitruin

Quote from: st1z on March 28, 2013, 02:39:35 AMI need to get the hold of the "Veriti Plastici" LP reissue. Are the later CDs any good?

The "Fondements Bruitistes" compilation CD is well worth it, but it might be a little expensive. Rotorelief announced its re-release on vinyl a few months back, but have subsequently removed the information. No idea what its status is at this time.