PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

Aosoth - III CD
Aosoth - IV: Arrow In Heart 2xLP - great album. Really enjoyed seeing these guys live at Maryland Deathfest. Did not expect their sound to carry over live so well!

Antaeus - CYFAWS LP Reissue
Antaeus - Blood Libels LP
-Love, love, love this album.

Deathspell Omega - Drought CD - very good on repeat.

The Endless Blockade - Turn Illness Into A Weapon CD - great powerviolence. Before they started incorporating a lot of electronics.

Imminent Starvation - Nord CD - solid harsh IDM / power noise
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Bleak Existence

GRIZ+ZLOR - black summer

FreakAnimalFinland

Mr. Natural is great!! Worth to get his other stuff, and also works of group he was involved before going solo.

ø "Oleva" 2xLP
Sähkö
Mika Vainio's works 2007-2008, first LP appears to be more usual electronic sound, on second LP very ethereal sounding metal junk and other more physical sources, but compositionally and sonically fits very well in his style.

Arktau Eos "Ioh-Maera" CD
Svart
damn! LP was sold out, so got just the CD.. I was kind of surprised how minimal this is. Listened twice, and as much as I appreciate the ritual drone, bowls, horns, bassy throbbings etc, it appears like it starts well, promising more, but then sinks into being "just" very normal compositions of subtle ritual music, what as normal listening experience isn't getting where I'd like. For purpose of meditating / really paying attention to detail, it could work, but in situations where there are also other stimulus... It sinks to bankground.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Levas

various - Spring Tour 2013 - all interesting artists (altar of flies, elisha morningstar, sewer election, blodvite), but they deliver something unpredictably weird and I still don't quite understand if I got this release or not. Not harsh, not noise, something murky and lofi mostly

Marrow Mandler - Escapist Grounds - awesome. Mandler's releases always seemed underrated, this one is something totally different. Like DAF or so - very good stuff.

Flesh Coffin - Horror Vacui - Not bad, but somwhat weaker output than previous works that I've listened to.

German Army - Burushaski - the weirdest output of Belaten so far I think. Something hardly identifiable, but quite pleasant

Veil of Light - Veil of Light - somewhat disappointing release.

Arma / Komodo haunts - quite similar outputs from both, Lithuanian and not. rather primitive, nostalgic ambient

Contagious Orgasm - Invasion - hm. no.

Abandones Asylum - Derelicts of Distant hope - Malignant manages to release the most boring ambient I could possibly imagine. This is one of the examples

Caul - The long Dust - This, on the other hand, is highly enjoyable, absolutely primitive ambient/electronic music that is somewhat nostalgic, reminding of what was being released in Lithuania 15-20 years back

Nyodene D - Edenfall - Good work. Disc with sektor 304 is anice addition too.

SHP - The Empirics Guild - well, not good, not bad. moving in the orbit of SHP without any surprises.

P. Miles Bryson - A Long Day's Tango into Night - Here you can barely hear anything, there your speakers are exploding from sudden raise in volume. Piece of art I guess, but I was annoyed with having to play with remote all the time so just left it rather silently and now I'll never know if it's good or bad.

Deathstench - Massed in Black Shadow - nice! industrial sludge a la sewer goddess.

Phragments - New Kings and New Queens - stands hand in hand with Abandoned Asylum though a little better.

NTT - Your Suffering will be legendary
- all sorts of collaborations. There are nice tracks and dull ones, breakcore and ambient. quite high quality release

Dr Alex

Quote from: Levas on June 06, 2013, 11:43:54 AM

Abandones Asylum - Derelicts of Distant hope - Malignant manages to release the most boring ambient I could possibly imagine. This is one of the examples

Caul - The long Dust - This, on the other hand, is highly enjoyable, absolutely primitive ambient/electronic music that is somewhat nostalgic, reminding of what was being released in Lithuania 15-20 years back

Nyodene D - Edenfall - Good work. Disc with sektor 304 is anice addition too.

SHP - The Empirics Guild - well, not good, not bad. moving in the orbit of SHP without any surprises.

Deathstench - Massed in Black Shadow - nice! industrial sludge a la sewer goddess.

Phragments - New Kings and New Queens - stands hand in hand with Abandoned Asylum though a little better.

NTT - Your Suffering will be legendary
- all sorts of collaborations. There are nice tracks and dull ones, breakcore and ambient. quite high quality release

Nice stuffs from Malignant.
I got huge package from Jason last Monday.

Listening Caul cd for third time. Really nice ambient.
Abandones Asylum is big surprise for me! I enjoyed in this too.
Phragments is little bit calmer than Abandones Asylum with unique atmosphere.
Still need to listen other cds.

Ritual

Un-Kommuniti "Black Dwarf Wreckordings 83-85" 4LP + 7"
Brilliant stuff! Highly enjoyable mix of solemn, synth drones, rhythmic industrial and Broken Flag-ish power electronics. Have listened through three of the LPs and the Kallous Boys 7" that was included in the box, so far (the Kallous Boys are very different from the description above, but enjoyable too) and I love it all. A great way to spend my tax refund!

online prowler

Advanced Africa - "Beordret Forplantningsstopp".

Scat-O-Logy

There was quite brutal thunderstorm outside so instead of dancing in the rain I decided to go through my tape collection and see what there is. The first tape I spinned was Arv & Miljö's collaboration with LR, which AM composed by using sound sources from LR. Really nice tape with interesting mix between noise electronics and field recordings from a church. Then I spotted that my "This Sickness Faith" tape had been left on side B so instead to winding it up I decided to spin it and soon realized that I had forgotten all about the mightiness of Con-Dom. Really strong material with loud electronics and well processed vocals. Maybe I should revisit the other CD tapes as well! Then I stumbled upon Concrete Mascara's latest tape, "Excess Takes Its Toll", which is a tape I absolutely loved already on the first listen and it still sounds absolutely amazing. Definitely one of the best new PE releases. Very strong & piercing synth work, amazing vocals and everything sounds perfect to me. Excellent way to stop my little listening session. Saving the private live tapes of CM & BU for later this evening.

Malignant

>Abandones Asylum - Derelicts of Distant hope - Malignant manages to release the most boring >ambient I could possibly imagine. This is one of the examples
Ha ha, sorry man, can't please everyone all the time.  Glad you liked some of the other stuff at least!

Dr Alex

Quote from: Malignant on June 07, 2013, 10:52:17 PM

>Abandones Asylum - Derelicts of Distant hope

AMAZING album!! I didn't hear for this project until you send me this cd. GREAT atmosphere. Reminds me of Luasa Raelon - The Poison City cd.

Levas

There. This is why it's interesting to explore sounds and sometimes discuss them. Personal preferences.

Ashmonger

Nyodene D - Atop Masada (C30, Nil By Mouth): Nice packaging! Sounds different, but still like Nyodene D, so that's good! This is less ominous than the albums, sounds warmer too.

The Rita/Caligula 031 (C30, Nil By Mouth): Also nice packaging (went for the blue one). Wasn't familiar with these projects, so a nice way to hear some of their stuff. The Rita: I'm not a HNW fanatic, but this is quite different from most HNW I've heard, parts with samples and noise are alternated with more typical wall noise, however even in these parts there seems to be more movement. Caligula 031: nice synths and vocals, don't know what else to say at the moment. Liked this tape and will definately play it again to get a better feeling of the works of these two projects.

absurdexposition

The Cherry Point - Misery Guts CD - jammed this one twice today, perhaps the best reissue of 2012
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

re:evolution

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 06, 2013, 08:06:54 AM

Arktau Eos "Ioh-Maera" CD
Svart
damn! LP was sold out, so got just the CD.. I was kind of surprised how minimal this is. Listened twice, and as much as I appreciate the ritual drone, bowls, horns, bassy throbbings etc, it appears like it starts well, promising more, but then sinks into being "just" very normal compositions of subtle ritual music, what as normal listening experience isn't getting where I'd like. For purpose of meditating / really paying attention to detail, it could work, but in situations where there are also other stimulus... It sinks to bankground.

Mikko - I very much agree and your assessment of the CD, and which can be equally apply to the the LP.  Both the LP and CD are OK, but not nearly as strong as their earlier stuff on Aural Hypnox.  Given how much hype the LP and CD received, I had high expectations which were simply not met.  I even listened to both intently over numerous listens in the hope I had missed something, but alas these albums simply did not 'click' with me...

noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

absurdexposition

Blue Sabbath Black Cheer & The Rita - Drowning Witches CD-R
A bit behind on listening to this one but finally got around to it tonight. Mostly listened while half-passed out in bed so I can discern much detail but the general feel of the album was great.

Various Artists - Contemporary Harsh Noise Vol. II - Disconnection 2xCS
A Snake In The Garden / Coastal / Endless Sea / Fissure
None of this really did it for me. Fissure perhaps had the best track, followed by Coastal, but nothing stood out.

Richard Ramirez / Crucifix Eye CS
Same as above. Largely uninteresting for me.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com