PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny_tove

I remember when "maximum..." was just released and a Dj from Pagan Muzak (Munich) played the opening track during a party... we were all speachless... definitely one of the hits of the 90's...
I also like the most recent stuff a lot... (and their several side project, including Genevieve Pasquier), but I wish they did more records in that style...
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

acsenger

QuoteYou should give a try to debut LP "maximum punishment solutions"!

I was thinking the same after reading about this album in other threads. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll order it.

Mikerdeath

Grunt - Trite (DVD)
Imagine: a cheap slut instead of rodent

eyestrain

Jacob Kirkegaard Conversion: Magnificent orchestral drone. Slow drift from menace to beauty. Didn't appeal greatly after the first two listens, but recently began to take on life and I can't refrain from starting the A-side over and over.

Drug Age Alphabet: Matteo's other aliases deserve all the respect they receive, but as was mentioned earlier in reference to the Dyslexic Action 4xCS, this is damn good harsh noise! (My words) Some of the best I've heard in 12 plus months. I just set this tape to infinite repeat and go about the house for hours before moving on to...

Bölzer Aura: Easily the best black/death in years. Trumps the debut demo, which seemed infallible itself. B-side isn't 100% strong, but the fury of "C.M.E." and "Entranced By Wolfshook" makes my brain tingle. Wonderfully creative vocal and guitar-work. Completely dense for a two piece as well. Can't wait for more, more, more.

Jaakko Vanhala Here Be Lions: I'd like to match the unanimous praise this beast has received. Nothing but near-perfection the whole way through.

Le Syndicat 30 Years Of Excess: Prior exposure was only to Rectitude and Rectal Struggle, but I find these six (affordable!) cassettes to be far more rewarding. A real gem of classic industrial sounds. Previous Influencing Machine tapes were also very solid!

Ulaan Passerine Ulaan Passerine: Never been a huge fan of Mr. Smith's output, other than La Catacomb under the Ulaan Khol moniker, but this must be his best work yet. Seamless flow of varying guitar drone and acoustic picking; ranging from predictable sound-washes to almost motorik rhythms. Perfect for afternoons at home with the mid-year passing through.

Levas

Nyodene D - Atop Masada - very nice concept, packaging and sounds.

The Rita / Caligula031 – Self Shop - two pretty different sides, both joint in sleaziness perhaps. The Rita's side is easier to like because of rough and raw sounds and compositions. C031 is slightly more difficult, but well worth exploring.

Fieberflug - Fleisch - not bad, but nothing standing out.

Theta – Scire - nice tape.

Hollow Bush - Phase IV - good cover art. at first it was quite annoying to listen to these naked noise generator sounds, but after a few minutes it got me. good

Sshe Retina Stimulants - Gorgeous primitivism from quartz satellites - primitivism is the key word for this album. it's ok, but didn't enjoy it too much.

Dajjal – Ur - this is by far the best record from Influencing machine that I've listened to. intense and dynamic.

eyestrain

QuoteDajjal – Ur - this is by far the best record from Influencing machine that I've listened to. intense and dynamic.

Would have to agree. Dajjal deserves more praise in my opinion. Metaxu tape on Cathartic Process is some of the best long-play industrial noise I've heard in the last few years. De-evoluting... cassette is rather great as well.

Matthias

Call Back The Giants ‎– The Marianne LP (Kye)
Most coherent album from CBTG. Weirdo synthesizer music that sounds familiar yet never really sounding like anything else. Still has that nice, tacky out there vibe. Good one.

Ättestupa - Musik För Tomma Rum LP (Järtecknet)
First new release in a long while (last output must have been the split with Alfarmania?). A stripped down and somewhat calm album. Atmosphere is kind of a step back to the first LP, but music sounds fresh with more folky touches and a bit different singing.

Dave Phillips - Abgrund LP (Second Sleep)
I've heard a fair share of DP stuff at this point, and this might very well be one of his best.

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on June 07, 2013, 07:53:37 PM
Arv & Miljö's collaboration with LR, which AM composed by using sound sources from LR. Really nice tape with interesting mix between noise electronics and field recordings from a church.

This is actually pretty much 50/50 when it comes to sound sources from Arv & Miljö and LR. Label description was confusing.

Samuli

No artist - The Curfew Recordings CD

First little information about these recordings:

Field recordings/experimental noise recorded back in 1984 at disuded industrial site. Recorded inside a cylindrical, steelplated silo, approximately 10m tall and 26m in diameter. No after processings were made so these recordings are authentic sounds of these old recording session. There`s no need to tell more about backgrounds of these recordings because you can read the whole story example from the artist`s pages on Discogs http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4418400.

Simply excellent stuff. It`s pretty hard to describe this cd if we are talking how it simply sounds. Different random noises, some heavy bangs, ghostly ambient/drone like sounds, passing trains etc.  Overall very calm sounds, not any metal junk mayhem/violent stuff.  Everything sounds perfect (great acoustics) and when you are listening this stuff, you are not simply listening different kind of noises/instruments or whatever because you are listening the whole atmosphere of these recordings. You are listening the sounds of this industrial site/steelplated silo. Take a look on cd cover and you get a nice picture of overall atmosphere.

If you have ever visited on old industrial sites/oil harbours etc. with steelplate silos, you feel like home with this cd. You can see rotting, decades old silos. Not some little oil barrels or some nice new modern technology oil silos. We are talking about gigantic old decaying silos on some forgotten place. Rust, steel, metal and junk allover. Bushes growing freely everywhere and grass is mowed maybe twenty years ago. There you stand in silence between these great steel gods and maybe wind blows smell of old oil to your nose. That`s a picture which I get from this record.

Highly recommended!

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Matthias on June 13, 2013, 11:09:11 PM
Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on June 07, 2013, 07:53:37 PM
Arv & Miljö's collaboration with LR, which AM composed by using sound sources from LR. Really nice tape with interesting mix between noise electronics and field recordings from a church.

This is actually pretty much 50/50 when it comes to sound sources from Arv & Miljö and LR. Label description was confusing.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the correction! Strange decision from the label but anyhow... I have been spinning the Le Syndicat box systematically throughout the day. At the moment I'm only starting the third tape because of some concentrating problems due to sleeping almost open eyed last night. Feels like I didn't sleep at all even though I recall sleeping at least 4 hours. Anyway, about the release, I already shared a pic of it along with my amusement about the small size but it's really nice cardboard box with seal on front and spray painted Le Syndicat logos(?) on both sides. I had hard times opening the package because I didn't want to damage it and I feel kinda bad for breaking the seal but I guess I'm going to be okay guys (hah)... About the sounds... Well the first thing I must mention is the fact that this is my first time hearing Le Syndicat (believe it or not) and so far I have been quite reserved but also quite amazed. I usually avoid rhythmic industrial music like the plague but I felt the need to finally check something from Le Syndicat and this box seemed very fitting. The other thing that struck my eyes is the fact that all these tapes are digitally remastered. At first I was afraid that the sound would be over compressed but these tapes sounds actually better than I thought. The beats are very tight and electronics and vocals are very crunchy. It's hard to believe that the masters would have survived this well. The other thing I really like in these tapes is the fact how well the material matches the tape lengths. No need to rewind = always a plus! I can't really sink into any particular tape at the moment because I'm too tired and busy but kudos for Influencing Machine for doing such a great job!

Dr Alex

Xenophobic Ejaculation - Xenophobic Ejaculation tape
Control Resistance - Declaration 1994-2011 cd
Nacht Und Nebel / Lea Cummings ‎- Split tape
W>A>S>P>S / Nacht Und Nebel - Split 7"

I'm surprised how is great Nacht Und Nebel / Lea Cummings ‎- Split tape. I except chaotic harsh noise from Lea Cummings but this one is really nice ambient. Nacht Und Nebel is great discover. Unique dark ambient/experimental project!

Baglady

Macronympha - Super Oxide CD (Ljud & Bild Produktion)
Guess this is old news, but I picked this up a month ago or so, and I've been listening to it every day since. It's such a feast! Over seven tracks this release covers pretty much all styles; fucked up loops, roaring harsh stuff, huge junk noise with alot of space and so on. And the sound is excellent; filthy but very rich. Serves as a good introduction to Macronympha I suppose.

Altar Of Flies - Auditory Hallucinations C30 (Hästen & Korset)
As the title suggests this is rather hallucinating. AoF just gets better and better. The only problem here is that his three latest LPs are so great I see no point in listening to this tape, even though it's good. Hope I'll grow tired of the LPs soon, this tape deserves attention as well.

algiz

Haus Arafna - All I can give 7"

I just like their work more and more with each album - when it has to be rhythm they are one of the best projects for me. I think this one would be a good soundtrack too.

cr

This weekend:
- V.A.: Epicurean Escapism II CD
- Creation Through Destruction/Black Leather Jesus Split CD
- Rasthof Dachau: Prison Poems CD
- Fire In The Head: As the nest burns CD
- Taint: Justmeat Tape
- Bizarre Uproar: Mother CD
- The Haters: Ordinarily nowhere CD
- Alfarmania: Skräcken CD
- Alchemy of the 21st Century: Beauty of aesthetic imperfection CD
- Entre Vifs: Heavy Duty CD
- Anemone Tube: Death over China CD
- Peenemünde: II CD
- Bastard Noise: Descent to Mimas CD
- Mother Savage: Kryptopyrrole CD
- Mauthausen Orchestra: Mafarka LP
- Martin Bladh & Bo I Cavefors: The Island of Death CD
- Bo Cavefors & Kristian Olsson: Dödens Ö/Die Toteninsel CD
- Death Pact International: Siege (1999-2009) CD
- Con-Dom: The will lies dormant Tape
- Vomir: Application a Aphistemi CD
- Werewolf Jerusalem: Disc 3 of Confessions of a Sex Maniac 4xCD
- The Rita: The Voyage of the Decima MAS CD
- Atrax Morgue: Exterminate LP

- Tervahäät: Kalmonsäie + Patria   I am not Finnish and I don't understand a single word, but I like these a lot! Like Salamanauhat said in another topic: "...outstanding purely on musical merits."

vyrixin

I'm listening to a lot of Kilinkal Skum at the moment. Ryan Oppermann has a lot of excellent projects but this is easily my favourite. You can't beat it when it comes to medical-obsessed death industrial. For anyone new to this project, start with Pulsating or Chosen Powerless.

FreakAnimalFinland

PIERPAOLO ZOPPO "necresi statica" 12"
1982 recordings from mr. Mauthausen Orchestra. At first I had feeling like "is this it?". You know, why dig some early forgotten stuff to put out single sided 130 copies vinyl... but the more I listened, the charming ruggedness of the ultra primitivism, that is not far from old works of M.O., started to sound good. While it appears to be straight forward noise experiments with hit & miss moments, overall feel of the single side remains strong enough. Hardly any to-be-classic competing with very best of MO, but certainly much much more essential purchase than MO of later days!

THE RITA "Dark Angled Eyebrow" 7"
hmm... It works for 7", but I doubt I would have wanted to hear more. Obsession for the type of high pitched line crackle, really sand paper like distortion, it goes very far from field of physical havoc I appreciate the most in noise. I again appreciate The Rita taking his style to such final extremes, where very few originally took it (but certainly many might follow?).

Mausoleum Gate 7" - Finnish heavy metal with high pitch sung vocals, neat old school feel. Perhaps more gifted than many of the retro raiders...  Bound For Glory "Warriors Glory" CD. Being debut album of 1990, it still has a lot of interesting things going on than recent output (say last 10 years). Mix of metallic hc and rac thrash, but while most metal of these days sounds like candywrapper, this has chaotic sweaty energy.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net