PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashmonger

Swallowing Bile - Geoffrey (single-sided tape, Supremacy Temple): 3 tracks of basically HNW, except it's not very harsh. Don't know, I just don't really like the sound of this tape. The vocals in the last track do sound good though.

Sex Headache - demo (single-sided tape, Supremacy Temple): 2 tracks, female vocals with lo-fi rumbling PE. It all sounds very basic and rudimentary, but it works. Second track has some higher pitched fluttering sound which is really nice. Interesting tape.

Secret Guilt - Wound Fetish (single-sided tape, Supremacy Temple): 4 short tracks, good aggressive vocals, throbbing PE. Works for me, interesting tape as well.

Reinforcement:Punishment - Authoritative Imposition (single-sided tape, Supremacy Temple): 3 tracks, two are more harsh noise with samples, the second track feels rather like industrial ambient to me (for lack of a better description). The HN tracks are repetitive, in a good way. I like the sounds he uses on this tape.

acsenger

Mania - Grim Conditions (Freak Animal, tape, 2013)

Fantastic stuff! I was pretty much floored by this tape: the sheer physicality of sounds makes it an absolutely awesome listen. Metal junk, low rumblings, great effects in the first half of side A (I think it's side A) and some vocals -- all in a great and varied mix that left me wanting more. I'll have to listen to the Armed to the Teeth CD and buy more Mania...

Baglady

Mauthausen Orchestra - Bloodyminded LP

On repeat while reading Octave Mirbeau's Torture garden. Turned out to be a most successful combination.

Quote from: acsenger on July 05, 2013, 12:04:05 PM
Mania - Grim Conditions (Freak Animal, tape, 2013)

I'll have to listen to the Armed to the Teeth CD and buy more Mania...

Ultra-Negative
CD and the split tape with SSRI, cannot recommend them strongly enough.

acsenger

QuoteUltra-Negative CD and the split tape with SSRI, cannot recommend them strongly enough.

Thanks, I'll get them.

acsenger

QuoteMauthausen Orchestra - Bloodyminded LP

I listened to MO's Mafarka LP recently and side A is killer! Side B is not bad either but the flip side just shreds. I'll have to listen to Bloodyminded again; on first listen I didn't like it too much.

Hal Hutchinson

MOTHER SAVAGE "MONDO CANNIBALE" CASSETTE (MOTHER SAVAGE).

Do yourself a favour and buy this. Here is the description of the tape from Mother Savage :

"Collection of some of the earliest Mother Savage recordings focusing on rhythmic metal and raw drum machine tracks. Includes previously unreleased and alternate mixes. 30 copies."

I really do not understand why this is only limited to 30 copies.This needs to be on vinyl or CD in a much larger edition.

Mikerdeath

Soldnergeist - Global Media Control

Lust

D-BEAT & CRUST!!!!!!!!!

martialgodmask

Exitus - Treatment Plan Really digging this, dark and brooding, not in your face but harsh enough. Suits Martin's "stable" at Unrest perfectly, very impressed.

Peenemunde - II Also enjoying this, first spin I liked it, second spin I enjoyed it a lot more. Felt a bit like the short tracks were too short initially but as the album goes on and reaches the longer numbers, it works just fine.

Jaakko Vanhala - Here Be Lions By contrast to the former but meaning no disrespect, this has almost "instant classic" written through it. Complex, ferocious, an absolute harsh noise treat. First listened whilst driving and nearly had to pull over.

Levas

Devita / Sleepyard - calm and nice recording. Though I was not familiar with any of these names and was expecting something more extravagant, this tape is nice.

Entre Vifs - Heavy Duty - perhaps the best release of Influencing Machine that I've listened to. Interesting sessions and good sound.

Le Syndicat - 30 years of excess - Nice boxset. Good to know more about the band. I think tape 3 was my favourite of all the bunch though none of them were bad.

Contagious Orgasm + Kotodama - Blackout - Calm and pretty listenable recording. Even enjoyable.

Necrophagia - Cannibal Holocaust - Good

Belphegor - The Last Supper / Blutsabbath
- decent

Halgadom - Sturmwoge - bad

Agathocles  / Necrocannibalistic Vomitorium - good

Thorofon - Nice n'sleazy - First few tracks seemed out of place, but then I got all groovy and the tape went very well

Behind the Toilet Door - part I - ah, I've read the description just now. It's live recording of the gig where musicians played in a small wooden toilet. And I'd say there were pretty interesting stuff happening in that toilet. Good documentation.

Smut - Piano one - I love piano sounds and of course this could've been something pretty neat, but the material is too simple and too repetitive so after a while you get simply bored. But overall, quite ok.

Fantom Auditory Operations ~ Jan Warnke & Michael Esposito & Amphetamine Logic ‎– The Echoes Of The Gestapo Cellar - I liked that. Mostly about horrors of nazi regime (something new, huh!) but the sounds are nice.

Elisha Morningstar - Axioms - I'm a fanboy of Elisha Morningstar and this tape is so far the best of his material that I've heard. Moody, rough, raw and dark. Harsh noise straight to the point! Highly recommended!

Ottaven - Live in Rome - meh. Ambient, going towards glitch and then going back to ambient. Lots of irritating sounds though there are a few pretty decent places.

Hheva ‎– Her Frozen Heart Bore The Weight Of A Thousand Stars - This is very good! Bleak industrial/ambient. highly enjoyable!

Aossic S'Lba - Pan Aeonic Glyphs - Great sounds, interesting concept.

Los Heraldos Negros - Ya de aqui ini te vas - a month or more ago this guy had a gig here in Lithuania. Best experiences from the evening - solid and secure building of noise. Not something you could remember for ages, but very good performance. and this cdr is good too. Stuff is of course more varied etc. I just don't know why i have 2 copies of this..

Drug Age - Dyslexic Action - this is good, but for my taste, Axioms was better. Anyways, well done 4 tapes.

Eisenwinter / Holocaustus - Teutsch-Helvetischer Kampfbund - though I have difficulties listening to most of the German black metal, but this stuff is quite decent. But I think on tape it sounded better.

Zeno Marx

Bl'ast - It's in My Blood 1987 - Cro-Mags The Age of Quarrel crossed with Black Flag, and to be clear, those are two great things that combine to make another great thing.
In Gowan Ring 2003-06-07 Leipzig - not the greatest recording, but a beautiful show - the in-between song banter is worth it alone; hippies aren't this hippy - I dig it.
Human Bastard - s/t//14-song CDr 2002 - next to maybe Meanwhile, this is some of the best crusty hardcore of this style of the 2000s.
Blood I Bleed - Gods Out of Monsters 2009 - ex-My Mind's Mine, which had one of my all-time favorite grind albums - this is also a solid/good grind album - download it for free on bandcamp.
Black Flag - '82 demos - well, great fun as always.
Kevin Ayers - Joy of a Toy 1969 - he's new to me, and I'm enjoying it.
Kevin Ayers - Shooting at the Moon 1970 - not the kind of psychedelia you play for a single track - these are albums to experience as a whole; though, some of the bonus tracks are fine additions.
Bad Influence - New Age Witch Hunt 1992 - man, I love this band.
Ambush - Lach 1994 - thought it would be a good follow up to the Bad Influence to keep that mood rolling, but by this flip, I'd exhausted my energy for it - still, classic German HC.
My Name is Satan - Refuse to Kneel 2000 - was this really as late as 2000? - that Okus had me grabbing for this great album.
Olho Seco - Olho Por Olho 1989 - this thing is a fierce, smoking sizzler - this is the official CD reissue from a long time ago, and it is from a vinyl rip because they lost the master tapes - I don't know if the 12" now floating around is a boot or official, but whatever the case, it also has to be from a vinyl rip at best/MP3s at worst - a vinyl reissue of a vinyl rip doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me, but this thing should be heard.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Levas

Skullflower / Utarm - not disappointed! on the contrary. Somewhere in between black metal, guitar drone/ambient, dark and truly beautiful album. Both acts well worth the good word.

Black Leather Jesus - Prove to me that you're more than meat - this falls to the category of good BLJ albums. Varied tracks and overall good atmosphere.

VA - Americanoise - great compilation. My favourites could be Daniel Menche, Taint, Mother Savage, Stimbox and a few acts from the 2nd disc that I don't remember what tracks were theirs.

Scorn - Stealth
- unusually nice drum'n'bass. monotonous and hypnotic. I liked this.

Die Reitenden Leichen - Supreme Nudity - Great stuff. Dark and murky harsh noise, leaning towards HNW.

C from Zelphabet - Somewhat weird and enjoyable material. Especially Charlemagne Palestine and Chop Shop

VA - Epicurean Escapism
- Listened to the CD and I couldn't say if any artist submitted a weak track. I couldn't find any. All of the participants with unique and good sound, atmosphere and audible result. But Anemone Tube, Trepaneringsritualen and Dieter Muh tracks were nevertheless shining. Great stuff

linxtyx

Negative Climax - Kālá

Simply perfect. I love it. Atmosphere is insanely "mine".

Budrūs - Canine Visions X

This one was a big thing to me, cause when I started listening to this CD, I was hoping to hear something in the style of first one...but this one at the same the is very close to the predecessor and very far away. As I said to Mr. Pogrom this one is somehow more "musical" and this "musical" touch fits this CD at its best. Nice one. It will be in mine dark-winter-misanthropy-playlist for sure.

Mikerdeath

Quote from: martialgodmask on July 07, 2013, 01:51:08 PM
Jaakko Vanhala - Here Be Lions By contrast to the former but meaning no disrespect, this has almost "instant classic" written through it. Complex, ferocious, an absolute harsh noise treat. First listened whilst driving and nearly had to pull over.

I really need a copy of this.

Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 07, 2013, 10:10:58 PM
My Mind's Mine

This band was really good.

Quote from: Levas on July 08, 2013, 07:04:59 PM
C from Zelphabet - Somewhat weird and enjoyable material. Especially Charlemagne Palestine and Chop Shop

I have never heard any "bad" recording from Chop Shop. I would buy this for his track alone.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: Levas on July 08, 2013, 07:04:59 PM

Scorn - Stealth
- unusually nice drum'n'bass. monotonous and hypnotic. I liked this.

I figured this was more on the side of dubstep? Regardless, glad to know that someone else really enjoys this release.

I find it quite respectable when an artist is capable of doing polar opposites when it comes to their overall output.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109