PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

spent the whole day spinning new pogrom masters (huh huh). With more than an hour of material, this will be the longest full length. Out some time this year perhaps

Mikerdeath

V.D.  ‎– Venereal Lust

dedicated to all the cheating whores and liars

Dr Alex

Brethren ‎- Savage Inequalities cd (no need to write about this masterpiece!)
Nicole 12 - Playground / Lolita Love cd (same as for Brethren)
Death Squad - Fucked In The USA 3"cd (great live assault)
Shift - Sleep Paralysis cd (amazing and loud album)
Budrūs - Devyniems Rytams Auštant cd (I didn't listen this cd for ages! Unique and great power electronics)
Budrūs - Canine Visions IX cd (4 years after debut album... A MASTERPIECE!! Highly recommended!!!)

I listen so much music and I'm little bit lazy to write about it every day.

FreakAnimalFinland

MORDANT KARMA "Profane Libido" tape
Trapeze Tapes
Great harsh noise. I wrote about Devour tape some messages ago, and hardly anything to add. Same strengths and same weakness. No compositional arch or structure beyond fast and furious chaos.

TONGUE KNAX " Sarcomerge" tape
Trapeze Tapes
So what's the best of Tongue Knax? Not sure. 5 tapes, where none is bad, and this one included is damn strong. Showing that Japanese harsh noise bands are still up there in top of the game!

BURNTABLE "s/t" tape
Neko
I'm kind of fan of turntable works when it goes over certain limit. When it appears to come from noise end, rather than something related to DJ skills. Burntable - as name may suggest - is here to destroy! Turntables? Possibly, but most of all harsh noise that ain't all that hectic of skillfully brutalized like two bands above, but heavy and harsh with surprisingly physical appearance.

V/A TAPEWORKS vol VI
hästen & korset
Best... or at least among the very best parts of the Tapeworks series. Orquere, Daniel Fagelström, Jaakko Vanhala and Amph are the opes that stood out for me the most, but not a bad track on comp. Versatile stuff and brilliant compilation skill to put wholeness in perfect order.

ASHLEY C "Trancelike Existence" tape
Some of the most lo-fi sound recycling of Ashley C. Monotone, utterly destroyed and coarse sounds going on and on.. I think opening track ain't that good, but remaining on A-side and B side is good listening for slow shifting horrid sounds.

UMPIO "Monbo Dogma" tape
EST
FUCK! So who all have heard this? While tape kind of came out long ago, most of the pressing (as far as I know) has not been assembled. Neat special package appears to be time consuming to make, but what the fuck? How many years one should keep sitting on masterpiece like this, what could any day justify CD version. Dynamic, energy filled, intense and absolutely fantastic craftmanship in all timing & compositional matyters. Yet Harsh noise to the bone. Am I dreaming, or is this possibly best of Umpios pure harsh noise recordings? Who knows when there's few more tapes of this era (this one recorded 2009-2010) what has been swallowed by flakey labels who can't get simple tape releases done...

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Jaakko V.

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 31, 2013, 06:17:40 PMUMPIO "Monbo Dogma" tape
EST
FUCK! So who all have heard this? While tape kind of came out long ago, most of the pressing (as far as I know) has not been assembled. Neat special package appears to be time consuming to make, but what the fuck? How many years one should keep sitting on masterpiece like this, what could any day justify CD version. Dynamic, energy filled, intense and absolutely fantastic craftmanship in all timing & compositional matyters. Yet Harsh noise to the bone. Am I dreaming, or is this possibly best of Umpios pure harsh noise recordings? Who knows when there's few more tapes of this era (this one recorded 2009-2010) what has been swallowed by flakey labels who can't get simple tape releases done...

Nothing to add really - but to answer the question: here's one who has heard the tape. The covers are indeed spectacular, but considering the time they've been under work, they should be ready already, heheh... I'm not sure if this is even officially "out" yet?

FreakAnimalFinland

These actually been on playlist before those commented above...

EXITUS "treatment 1-6" tape
Unsound
Coldest electronics? Perhaps. At most simplest, it is like monolithic synth noise wall with spoken word on top, but there are more complex rhythmic track as well. Somehow made me think of Ke/Hil, although there is very very little, if anything in common?

Hal Hutchinson / SSRI split tape
untergeschoss
HH works - great as usual. Linear track of metal junk crashing all over the place. Good compact sound.  SSRI the usual hit & miss of grotesque lo-fi gutter noise.

SVAIXT "Lo" tape
Terror
Somewhere between all the harsh noise blast felt like necessary to give space for something else. Sounds of field recordings done in Lo, Tibet. bells, cheering crowds, and then layered with electric drones. Very clear and sharp sound I may say, not like blurred into incense and smoke and mythical atmosphere. Perhaps I should say even unusual in some ways, yet in the line of brain stimulating cascades of harsh noise, it somehow remains less exciting. Cloth bag silkscreened and include booklet detailing the trip related to sound recording. Maybe it is just that I hardly at all care of all these tibet, nepal and india kind of things what esoteric sound artists appear to admire.

bitewerksMTB

I've just been listening to the "Totality of Death" cd's. Not sure which one is my fave; the Malignant release seems to have gotten one or 2 more listens than the other but they're both really, really good. I like the variety of styles.

Just ordered a few metal releases from NWN as they're having a 40% off sale (ends tonight)...

Mikerdeath

Mikerdeath

The Shining Motion Picture Soundtrack
Mania / Hal Hutchinson ‎– Mania / Hal Hutchinson

Ashmonger

Steel Hook Prostheses - The Empirics Guild (CD, Malignant Records): After hearing the first tracks which appeared on youtube and soundcloud I wasn't really impressed. But then again, I seem to always like SHP, so got this anyway. Well, it's typically SHP. Great cold atmospheres, harsh parts, more ambient parts, medical samples and mangled vocals. First time I listened it seemed a bit long though and the last track does have some sounds which seem unfitting near the end. The first track on the other hand seems something new for SHP, can't remember to have heard another track like this, which seems more Power Electronics, with it's vicious feedback. Glad I got it.

Saastaa Suomesta (Obscurex, 7"): Still not the biggest Noisecore fan, but there's some nice stuff on this 7", such as Nihilist Commando, Luostari and I believe I liked Unpeace as well.

FreakAnimalFinland

WATER TORTURE "developer remixes" tape
Factotum
Short tape what makes me think a bit Wiese.. or more like Sissy Spacek, where drum blast patterns are melted together with digitally cut & pasted harsh noise blasts. This is nowhere near as good craftmanship. I think the abrupt spaces between noise blasts are a bit too often and while chrome tape and LOUD recording levels ensure crisp sound, it's pretty much too crisp actually... More like typical CDR aesthetics in form of tape. Not bad, but far beyond top notch release.

FILTH / DEVELOPER split tape
Factotum
It's kind of lame that most Factotum tapes appear to leave things half way. While there is good sound levels, good quality tapes... what about packaging? I'm talking most of all one side J-cards with just the front panel. Basically front cover image, tape title in "spine" and many tapes have just blogspot.com addresses of bands on the slice that turns on backside... In worst cases there's "song titles here" with blogspot url.. WTF?!?
Filth is effect loaded industrial noise. Quite heavy and blown up sound, yet there are beats, fancy echoes etc. Developer is better with his harsh electronics. Not as overtly brutal and loud as I expected, perhaps one could even describe it playful? The more one listens, the more neat details there appears and diversity of sources and approaches start to become obvious. There are handful of amazing moments, yet also some filler. For Developers side very good.

DEVELOPER / SORCERER TORTURER split tape
Factotum
Developer here is nowhere near as good as on tape above. There are few highlights on the tape, but too little. Falls into average noise improvations with endless amount of the quick pauses with even shorter noise bursts before next pause...  S.T. is sort of harsh noise core. Missing the free flow and innovations of proper noise, but also missing the sweat and aggression of best noisecore. Distorted mass of drum machines, fuzzy yet tinny sounding noise and buried vocals.

FreakAnimalFinland

CALIGULA 031 "Domino" tape
Nil By Mouth
Not too fancy oversized spraypainted cardboard box holds inside goodie. I recall hearing someone mention that this isn't as good as tape on F&V... I wouldn't agree on that. Not sure if it's sheer quality - or simply state of mind - but the rotten throbbing electronics, forceful voice and sampling in end of each side certainly makes good impact on the soft spot of violent tape format power electronics.

XENOPHOBIC EJACULATION "Vala" 2xtape
Filth & Violence
I don't remember when was the last time I listened this. Tracks are familiar in the way they can be. Some of the most piercing feedbacks can be found, making my brain tremble in loud volume, yet most of the playing time is less vocal, less high pitch, more lo-fi rumbling SSex noise. Second tape is not something one needs to spin that often, due only containing two KKK speeches.

FreakAnimalFinland

Les Champs Magnétiques "s/t" tape
Trapeze tapes
Just like the rest of Trapeze tapes stuff, good Japanese noise works. More repetition, if not utterly clear dominating looping. B-side starts with clean water recordings, but soon transformed into harsh noise. Each release of label appears to be worth grabbing!

1188 "First Process" tape

Klaus Hansen of Ashley C and such doing his minimalistic harsh noise walls. When he says "no distortion used in this recording", don't be fooled. He of course means distortion PEDAL, but surely sound has been processed so heavily via analogue tape manipulation that we end up listening deep rumbling distortion not too far from heavy bassy walls of The Rita.

ENCEPHALOPHONIC "Metal Obsession" tape
Steel Sadist Rebirth
I listened this several times before it was even released. My advice for artists was always to wait a bit to make real album. And I believe he did. The CD that came out earlier was really good. Metal Obsession is good - yet shows that between frenzy of harsh noise in finest tradition of Sickness, Killer Bug, mid 90's Merzbow, Pain Jerk, etc. he occasionally let the attention slightly slide and instead of shining diamond, we have a rough one. Very good tape, but not in level of latest works! Nevertheless I'd suggest for anyone who likes his current works to not doubt its worth.

eyestrain

Altar Of Flies The Violent Blow (A Dear Girl Called Wendy): Absolutely brilliant! Flawless blend of field recordings and menacing sounds.

Altar Of Flies Female (Peripheral): My favorite ever of Gustafsson's output. So fucking harsh and well-assembled. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't sense the "angst" the label describes. Seems to be a loving family man and a true musician. No aimless transgression here.

Altar Of Flies Let New Life Rise In The Face Of Death (Sprachlos Verlag): Ditto from The Violent Blow, although maybe 15-25 minutes too long to really be enjoyed in full absorption.

Altar Of Flies Förruttnelsen (Release The Bats): The most cliche of the above...sounds reminiscent of P.E. and death industrial.

Altar Of Flies Rabbit Hole (Järtecknet): The most "electro-acoustic" of this lot. Focusing more on the sources than maybe the executed sounds themselves. Still enjoyable, of course!

Blodvite Falskt Spektrum (Järtecknet): It's Blodvite...what could possibly be wrong with this!? So incredibly good...

Lettera 22 True Form (A Dear Girl Called Wendy): That good 'ol, perfect harsh noise. Lovely collage cover.

Body Collector Vulture Saw (Gaping Hole): His later output is criminally underrated. While Mikko was just talking about artists' aimless use of stops and silence, I always thought this fella had nailed it.

Indulge in the other great Gaping Hole releases: http://gapinghole.snse.net (Piss Horn, Joshua Norton Cabal, Mania, Paranoid Time, Rusalka, Haemorrhaging Fetus , Fissure, Wince, etc...)

Kam Hassah Hidden Door (I Just Live Here): Bass-dense harsh noise spread over minimal changes in 40 minutes. HNW without being HNW. Perfect!!

Litüus Litüus (Brave Mysteries): Atypical drone/ambient that is highly refreshing and subtle. Very excited to hear his forthcoming release on Mazurka Editions in the coming months.

V/A Americanoise (MSNP/Audio Dissection): Words cannot describe. A beauty of the hay day of harsh noise. Loved every 2+ hours except for the Namanax track which suffered from a lackluster loop.

Tourette Brûle Mon Ame, Broie Mon Corps; Remodèle-Moi A L'image D'un Chien (Phage Tapes/Skeleton Dust): A million times more thrilling than Jardin... (which was rather thrilling).

V/A Contemporary Harsh Noise Vol. II - Disconnection (Skeleton Dust): I think this was summed up rather well a page or two back. Easily forgotten.

V/A We Gave Them The Future And They Wanted The Past (Unrest): What a killer comp! Was surprised that S.T.A.B. Electronics was the highlight of it all for me...couldn't stand his output thus far. Anyone else shocked that Cremation Lily's track was blatantly Slogunish?

Jessika Kenney & Eyvind Kang The Face Of The Earth (Ideologic Organ): Where Aestuarium was an unmoving work of classical stylings, this is a mastered slab of experimentation and traditionalism. Has been on constant play for months.

Absurd Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg (World Terror Committee): The best covers album ever?

eyestrain

The list of contributors on Tapeworks VI sounds heavenly. Fuckin' Treriksröset?!?! Yes!! Sexregler is one of my favorite albums of all time...

The :Wumpscut: remix on Der Blutharsch's Fire Danger Season is probably my most-listened-to song in the last few years. Currently on repeat for 2+ hours while polishing off some Bulleit Rye. Occasionally interrupted to listen to the entirety of Bronze Age's Antiquated Futurism CS. Fuck I love this tape. Stop Alberich in its tracks and pursue this Lapke!!