Bleak Existence

The Rita & Prurient - women pissing

SiClark

STREETMEAT

Quote from: Si Clark on September 04, 2013, 03:39:43 AM
Quote from: Bleak Existence on September 04, 2013, 03:38:51 AM
The Rita & Prurient - women pissing
Worth getting?

i would say so. walls from the rita with feedback and vocals by prurient. good pressing too!

Mikerdeath

online prowler

eyestrain

Skullflower/Utarm Split (Turgid Animal): The most free and open I've ever heard Skullflower be without going outright stupid-rock. After too many releases of meh-guitar-noise, this is very refreshing and addictive. Utarm was forgettable.

KK Null Absolute Heaven (Nux Organization): Wow! Yet another gem from the drone topic. The opener and it's Halo Manash-like horn/bagpipe/??? dirge is one of the more memorable tracks of drone-noise I've heard in some time. The next 42+ minutes are a subtle barrage of dissonant mellowness. Have replayed this a few times now. I'm completely unfamiliar with KK Null's staggering discography --- what are some recommended releases?

Wulkanaz Paúrpura Fræovíbôkôs (Seedstock): The most odd-ball and enjoyable work from this Swede yet. Intentionally sloppy, lo-fi, left-field BM. Been following since release one, and each piece is an improvement upon the other. Seems to be informed by himself only instead of caving in to the consumer's or genre's needs.

Ghost Kommando Paramount (Death Fiend): Absurd VS Joy Division, or something like that. An atmosphere that is fairly original. This trumps the debut EP in most ways. Better flow, better songs, better vocals. Looking forward to more.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: eyestrain on September 05, 2013, 12:02:02 AM
KK Null Absolute Heaven (Nux Organization): Wow! Yet another gem from the drone topic. The opener and it's Halo Manash-like horn/bagpipe/??? dirge is one of the more memorable tracks of drone-noise I've heard in some time. The next 42+ minutes are a subtle barrage of dissonant mellowness. Have replayed this a few times now. I'm completely unfamiliar with KK Null's staggering discography --- what are some recommended releases?
He was at the top of his game in what I call his Water Period (roughly, '92-'94).  The Heavy Water 7", Lull/Null 7"s, Null/O'Rourke CD, Absolute Heaven CD, and the Null/Plotkin CD (my favorite work from him and runs neck and neck with Voice of Eye's Transmigration as favorite ambient albums).  Ultimate Material II & III have some interesting work on them too, but they're both on the downside of that plateau.  Ultimate Material II is the better of those two.  Terminal Beach was inconsistent and so-so, but it is worth hearing.  I didn't like the Flying Serpent 10".

I don't care to listen to music outside, but Aurora has proven to be complimentary to the outdoors.  There's something both alien and organic that mingles well with wind, sun, leaves, and running water.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

eyestrain

Quote from: Zeno Marx on September 05, 2013, 12:41:03 AMHe was at the top of his game in what I call his Water Period (roughly, '92-'94).  The Heavy Water 7", Lull/Null 7"s, Null/O'Rourke CD, Absolute Heaven CD, and the Null/Plotkin CD (my favorite work from him and runs neck and neck with Voice of Eye's Transmigration as favorite ambient albums).  Ultimate Material II & III have some interesting work on them too, but they're both on the downside of that plateau.  Ultimate Material II is the better of those two.  Terminal Beach was inconsistent and so-so, but it is worth hearing.  I didn't like the Flying Serpent 10".

Thanks kindly for the suggestions. Will investigate soon...

Quote from: Zeno Marx on September 05, 2013, 12:41:03 AMI don't care to listen to music outside, but Aurora has proven to be complimentary to the outdoors.  There's something both alien and organic that mingles well with wind, sun, leaves, and running water.

Walk the dog about twice a day (one hour) in a similar environment. We live on the edge of ~600 acres of farmland we have permission to hunt and trek on. Although I almost always enjoy the natural sounds much more, some days I'm interested in headphones. I could see this album mixing very well with this. Oddly enough, harsh noise with strong breaks of quiet are always a good match; allows you to go away from and come back to strong surroundings. Gotta think about some albums I've enjoyed in nature...

RyanWreck

Quote from: Vigilante Ecstasy on August 28, 2013, 11:34:57 PM
Linus Torvalds! :) "Fucking cunthead" would be very close translation. Finnish swearwords are awesome.

Yes sir, Finnish swear words seem better, actually the whole language seems to be more expressive than the English language.

Gotta love Linus. Actually you don't, I don't care about him or Stallman but I guess if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have a job as a Linux NetSec Admin.

eyestrain

Tattered Syntax Nothing All Day Nothing (Skeleton Dust): Highly emotional and active harsh noise. A lot of velocity and layers on the A-side. B-side features some more straight-forward approaches, but still makes my extremities go numb. Highly recommended!

Hostage Pageant/Kelly Churko/Obstacle Corpse/Wrong Hole Convenience: Contemporary Harsh Noise Vol. III (Skeleton Dust): As the series has gone thus far; roughly forty minutes of balls-to-the-wall harsh noise. This installment featured a little more variety in sounds than the previous two. Maybe my favorite one so far, even though I'm unfamiliar with the artists.

Jason Crumer Gentrification Suite (Banned Prod.): That ol' Crumer that should be familiar territory to most by now; lots of field-recordings with manipulated tension-builds, squealing harsh noise, and a little droning action. This was one sweet tape!

Mania Grim Conditions (Freak Animal): One of those tapes that got lost in the pile of a purchase-happy month. Listened to it a few times and forgot about it. Remembered enjoying it quite a bit at the time --- and definitely still do! A solid tape that was very deserving of this second edition.

Abigor Verwüstung / Invoke the Dark Age (Napalm/Chaos Sacrum/Irond): Nearly twenty years since this piece debuted and it still holds a sturdier ground than the last decade+ of black metal, not to mention a large majority of what are considered the cult classics of the genre.

Lantern Below (Dark Descent): Can they ever top Subterranean Effulgence? Probably not. Still, this is some of the most wretched, vile, chaotic and original death metal in ages. This is a band that deserves notoriety and recognition. What an addictive album. Shook the walls of the house while consuming too much gin last night and this was definitely the highlight of the whole evening over all the above mentioned albums.

dmkerr

Currently dissecting Aaron Dilloway's "Modern Jester" after starting the day with something quieter... Leif Elggren's "Latrine".  Definitely prefer the metal screeching and ghostly vocals of the former. 

HONOR_IS_KING!

Oum Kolthoum - Raq El Habeeb

Omar Souleyman - Haflat Gharbia: The Western Concerts
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

eyestrain

Lettera 22 P (Silentes Tapestry): The first '22 album I'm not head over heels about. Not a dud, but electro-acoustic (in their sorta way) without really packing much depth.

Lettera 22 True Form (A Dear Girl Called Wendy): Very dynamic harsh noise attack. Like Macronympha in a precocious state.

Lettera 22 Time Collected (Dokumentarisk Agenda): Ditto.

Anemone Tube/Dissecting Table This Dismal World (Peripheral): Having listened to this maybe 20 times now, I can confidently say that this is some of both acts' best works. Of course, this is nothing like Dissecting Table's major discography - more tribal/ritual elements herein - but with Tsuji's unique elements throughout. Anemone Tube presents Hanser's style-as-usual, which is nothing to cry about.

Lycia Cold (Handmade Birds): Great sounding re-issue. The only album I've really ever gone mad about from the group. Would like to see The Burning Circle And Then Dust with all the 2xCD bonus items thrown in - that could be rather exciting admittedly.

Skullflower/Mastery Split (Cold Spring): One of those Skullflower releases that leaves no impression. Last track of theirs' sounds like a junior high kids first "metal" riff on repeat with some static over top. Weak hammering riff. Ugh. Mastery is what I think plebs see Deathspell Omega sounding like - an aimless mess of genre cross-pollination; fucking garbage.

Scat-O-Logy

Bizarre Uproar - Perverse Bizarre Humiliation
Bizarre Uproar - Rape Africa
Bizarre Uproar - Lily The Flesh

Simply my favorite PE/noise/filth project and I'm not ashamed to admit that.