PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakaristi

Pogrom - Degančios Suros: Harsh PE excellence as per usual.

Silence of Vacuum - 4: Great stuff! More engaging than previous tapes, particularly B side.

Pieces - S/T: 3-way collab of Kakerlak/Oscillating Innards/Redneck. Solid harsh noise.

Edwige - The Inconsolable Widow Thanks All Those Who Consoled Her : Another flawless collab.

Dog Holocaust - Volume I, II, III: And again.

Being - Ghosts of Reality: After all the positive talk on Being, guess I was expecting more. This was ok but perhaps need to check some other releases.

Mikerdeath

Quote from: Dr Alex on November 05, 2013, 01:58:05 PM
Quote from: HOGRA on November 05, 2013, 12:20:31 PM
Quote from: andy vomit on November 05, 2013, 02:03:43 AM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on November 04, 2013, 10:46:54 PMIn my opinion Khanate stands as the greatest of all the bands Stephen O'Malley has been in, are anyone else in the band for that matter.

no argument there.  "things viral" is one of the heaviest records i've ever heard..

I like KTL, myself. Although, I do prefer Khanate over SunnO)))...

First Khanate album is best thing that O'Malley done! Absolute raw and heavy power!

No Joy was my favorite.

Quote from: eyestrain on November 05, 2013, 12:01:17 AM
Crawl Unit Stop Listening (Ground Fault Rec.): Shit, this is awesome.

Yea, it is worth several repeated listens, the textures are truly distinct and seem to change with perceptions altered by mood, stereo setup and the amount of focus you can place on it.
I think also " A Study For Three Speakers" is a great listen and actually sounds like downtown Sacramento.

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 04, 2013, 02:02:29 PM
MANIA / HAL HUTCHINSON CD
Phage

I need to get this.
Quote from: Sadomaniac on November 07, 2013, 01:50:43 AM
Pogrom - Degančios Suros: Harsh PE excellence as per usual.
I need this.

Quote from: Sadomaniac on November 07, 2013, 01:50:43 AMBeing - Ghosts of Reality: After all the positive talk on Being, guess I was expecting more. This was ok but perhaps need to check some other releases.

This is actually really good. Recommended.

Mikerdeath

Macronympha & Kakerlak ‎– MM4TS

Very loud right off the bat. The metal loops are uniquely repetitive and separate from other Marconympha material, more focus is placed on the looping of sound rather than the manipulation of looped sound. The harsh noise is penetrating and engaging. Worth the time.

Scat-O-Logy

Received the new HSV tape today from Posh Isolation and at first glance I thought the artwork was very impressing, also liked the paper quality/material of the j-card. Some really nice tape manipulations on A1 & B1 but they didn't really effect me in any way. A2 & B2 on the other hand were amazing tracks. To me A2 even had a "musical" touch to it, maybe I heard some instrument(s), not sure. Really nice nevertheless! B2 had the basic tape manipulations but with junk metal flavouring which gives completely different vibe to the track. Not sure if my tape was dubbed badly but side B had at least three or four gaps between the two tracks which was kinda strange. Anyways, very enjoyable tape in my opinion. Not my favorite from HSV, a project that I rank very high, but still good work and comes recommended. Next up is the new LR tape. Excited!!!

*Please note that in my case the HSV tape was left in the middle when I received it so I might've mixed up the sides since there isn't labels of any kind on the cassettes.

Now playing LR: What can I say... IRM with unique touch maybe? Impressive!

EDIT: Anyone here ordered the Sejr tape? Any comments, maybe some references to similar bands/projects? I regret not buying it!

Dr Alex

This week:

Shift / hh - Full Weight Of The Opposition 10"
Altar Of Flies - Female lp
Atrax Morgue - I'm Infected 7"
Yannick Franck / Filip Gheysen - Wool-E's Choice 7"
Mania - Grotesque Mirth 7"
Bizarre Uproar - Musta Rotta 7"
Bizarre Uproar - Propaganda Bizarre tape
Caligula031 - Domino tape
S.T.A.B. Electronics / Chloroform Rapist / Unclean / Concrete Mascara - Art Of Deviance 2xtape
Budrūs - Devyniems Rytams Auštant cd
Budrūs - Canine Visions IX cd
Caul - The Long Dust cd
Contagious Orgasm - Corporal cd
Earth - A Bureaucratic Desire for Extra Capsular Extraction cd
Human Larvae - Womb Worship cd
Propergol - Paradise Land cd

FreakAnimalFinland

Kaija Saariaho "D'om Le Vrai Sens / Laterna Magica / Leino Songs" CD
Another good piece of contemporary classical music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU_G-EGWRsw
(link is not the same recording as CD, but same composition!)

Burzum "Filosofem"
Eternally essential.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ

Sol Invictus "The Devils Steed" CD
Old London Weeps is to me one of the best SI songs! Neofolk legend in deed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfONTgZTrHs

Blitzkrieg "Wir Sind Zuruck" 2xLP
Seen this German band couple times live and I think in live situation they work much better. CD's are not bad, but there is much more energy and dirt in live shows. Vinyl version with one side bonus stuff has the usual quality of modern vinyl: Hard sibilant quality, what in some cases ruin the music, yet with stuff like this, adds the necessary dirt what is missing from contemporary metal music production standards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWEpo77NOfQ

links for quick reference, hah...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Scat-O-Logy

This morning:
LR - The Fragility Of Happiness
Might just be my new favorite from Mr. Rahbek's impressive discography. Anyone here got "Brother"? How is it?? At least the sample sucked...
Irkallian Oracle - Grave Ekstasis
DM/BM mix-up with massive sound, amazing atmosphere and great vocals.

This afternoon (received these today):
Vemod - Venter På Stormene
Some nice moments but I'm kinda fed up with ambient black metal stuff. Grabbed this because I like the label, very nice pressing by the way (I have the CS version).
Svartidauði - Those Who Crawl...
I knew this would kill.
Svartidauði - The Temple Of Deformation
Kinda disappointing after "Those Who Crawl..." but still better than most (of the recent) BM demos. Too high expectations I guess.

At the moment:
Svartidauði - Flesh Cathedral
!!!

emboscado

Death In June - Burial (CD) Always preferred the studio side since the live performance sucks a bit...

Theologian - The Further I Get From Your Star... (CD) Much more drone oriented than NTT, enjoyed more than average NTT

Navicon Torture Technologies - The gospels of the gash (CD2) Last NTT album, sound anticipating what later would be Theologian.

Ghoulbog ‎– Fjälldesperadon Kristian Olsson (Tape) One side more ambient plus some kind of slide guitar, nice. The other side more industrial ambient, ok too.

O Paradis - Los Olvidados (LP) Great melodies as always, vocals... perfect new album.
e m b o s c a d o

Dr Alex

Quote from: emboscado on November 08, 2013, 08:35:10 PM
Death In June - Burial (CD) Always preferred the studio side since the live performance sucks a bit...

True!!

Today:
Mania - Grim Conditions tape
Silence Of Vacuum - 2 tape
Cock E.S.P. / Death Squad - Split tape [C20 or C30?? On discogs was C30 but I changed to C20 because my copy is C20.]

All great material!!!

eyestrain

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 08, 2013, 10:35:06 AM
Kaija Saariaho "D'om Le Vrai Sens / Laterna Magica / Leino Songs" CD
Another good piece of contemporary classical music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU_G-EGWRsw
(link is not the same recording as CD, but same composition!)

Wow!!!

Dr Alex

IRM - Anthology 2xcd
Contagious Orgasm - In My Heart 10"
Sky Burial / Self - Split 10"
Slogun - I Will Bury You lp

Self material on both releases is something really special.

Levas

been listening to Sarkrista's new album. Decent album because it sounds Finnish and for some reason I thought that Shatraug is behind it, but perhaps I'm confusing this with N of his projects. Discovered that there are antifascist black metal bands, heh

Hakaristi

Quote from: Levas on November 09, 2013, 07:35:09 PM
been listening to Sarkrista's new album. Decent album because it sounds Finnish and for some reason I thought that Shatraug is behind it, but perhaps I'm confusing this with N of his projects. Discovered that there are antifascist black metal bands, heh

Thanks for the heads up! Haven't heard any good new Finnish BM in a while, but this is the next best thing. Definitely sounds like a Shatraug offspring, very Sargeisty. Are they antifascist?

MT

Isn't Sarkrista a German band? Since I've never heard of finnish version of that.

Hakaristi

Yeah, they're German, but have that Finnish sound.