PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

Burying Place - Live in Gargždai 2009 - this is one of the longest-living death metal or perhaps even overall metal bands in Lithuania. More or less alive for 20 years with 3 tape releases, this being the third. The reason - there is no drummer alive in Lithuania that could play the composed parts and it is out of question to use programmed drums. And they are finishing their studio album for 10 years perhaps. Well, not a bad band and this live tape is also quite good if you are into brutal death.

Edgars Rubenis & Ilia Belorukov and Jelena Glazova - Latvian ambient/noise artists. They were touring Europe and so on, but the sound is hm. Quite boring. They've sent this here for possible release I think. Ah, I see that Jelena Glazova is called noise princess in the label's description. Heh.

Jelena Glazowa / Wozzeck - this one had some interesting parts in it that were suitable for my taste. But slowly it went weaker and weaker.

Arkhe - For Everything that lives is holy - This is an amazing tape! Rich in sounds and atmospheric. Wonderful and highly recommended.

SCKE// Siera Liora (1981) - Nothing very annoying.

Hymen Holocaust - Blood Feast - nice goregrind from Netherlands.

Debauchery - Kill Maim Burn - Death metal. Not bad though the cover is annoying

Barrikad - Through the voice one becomes animal - Also highly enjoyable stuff from NBM's latest releases. Nice booklet and sounds.

Ivory prince a couple of tracks were good.

A few tapes of untitled and anonymous Lithuanian project, heh. A few people got these private editions of tape without any info, just a few pictures. Though the material is weak, but I like the idea that people are still doing this by theirselves and are not afraid to "be lost" in a pile of releases etc. I liked this moment and also we talked with another person who got this tape - he said "it's difficult to listen to it because I have no fundament/starting point of how to evaluate it apart from the sounds". It's interesting because when the sound should talk for itself and be most important, it suddenly stands somewhere in line behind the label name, artist titles, etc.

SiClark

Quote from: Levas on December 06, 2013, 10:35:25 AM
- he said "it's difficult to listen to it because I have no fundament/starting point of how to evaluate it apart from the sounds". It's interesting because when the sound should talk for itself and be most important, it suddenly stands somewhere in line behind the label name, artist titles, etc.
I find that an odd viewpoint to have. Anonymous projects seem quite a normal thing in noise/pe/industrial. I have lots of tapes from anonymous projects and yes, sometimes you might to find out more about the artist(s) involved but that need I don't think would make the music difficult to listen to.

Levas

Anonymous and untitled. Perhaps the lack of titles and/or references is the case too

Eloy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 04, 2013, 10:05:38 PM
Halloween 2LP ost from Mondo

Listening to "Thy Kingdom Scum" from Church of Misery right now. Found a d/l on Pirate Bay. It's pretty good so may buy the vinyl if I can find it for under $35.

$26.50: http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/church-of-misery-thy-kingdom-scum-vinyl.asp

martialgodmask

Craft - Fuck The Universe
Often forget how solid this is, guess it gets lost in the Southern Lord black metal whirlwind of 2006 but worthwhile returning to it.

Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Classic, still an outright stonker. Can't say owt else.

Edit: I know SL only reissued the Craft album, but it happened at a time when they were lashing out "hot tip" cult BM left right and centre, or certainly seemed to be at the time.

acsenger

New Noveta/Vagina Dentata Organ - The Administration of Physique (7"+3" DVD, Ultra-Mail Prod., 2013)

Both sides were recorded live in July 2013 in Hong Kong (of all places). VDO is a bunch of people doing uptempo drumming and Valls occasionally smashing mirrors. There's also the sound of a crowd clapping and shouting but I guess that was mixed in since I doubt there would've been so many people present, let alone responding so enthusiastically to the performance. It somehow adds humour to the music. New Noveta is noise with occasional female shouting; the music's basis could be VDO's drums sped up.
The 3" DVD is a collection of short excerpts from a couple recent VDO performances (all feature drumming and the smashing of mirrors) and New Noveta's performance in Hong Kong. The latter was a pointless art fag performance in my opinion (2 women dressed in bizarre "clothes" that are attached to the walls of the gallery with rubber bands make all kinds of weird movements) but the music (the same as on the 7") is quite good. I don't know why the VDO performances are just excerpts -- I assume the full shows were recorded if there are excerpts. It would've surely added to the price tag but full performances would be more welcome.
A nice release although I wish there was more mirror shattering on the VDO side. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd order the Live in Berlin LP (I think I've read there's lots of smashing sounds on it).

Rapoon - Moon and Cups (7", Ultra-Mail Prod., 2013)

My first encounter with Rapoon. Quite a nice ambient 7" with some wordless vocals and a somber atmosphere. The genre is not really my cup of tea but I enjoy this record due to its short length. It comes with 2 cards with nice pictures and some doodling on them (a bit too arty for me but still not too offensive).

bitewerksMTB

"If it wasn't so expensive, I'd order the Live in Berlin LP (I think I've read there's lots of smashing sounds on it)."

The pic disc is really good but, yeah, it's expensive for just one side. I got mine in a trade; it's a pretty intense listen but $20+ plus expensive postage, I'd grumbled if I had paid for it.

I ordered the CoM from HHB last night. Looking forward to it! Been listening to Electric Wizard lately so I'm in a doomy mood.

algiz

Rasthof Dachau - Zero Tolerance: Nice sounds, nice topic but something is still missing - at least for me

eyestrain

Amph/Arv & Miljö Untitled (Nordiska Ljud): First release on the new Järtecknet imprint. Amph puts forth so much more variety on this one. Really stunning progressions and the atmospheres are all just right. Fuckin' A! Arv & Miljö keep it pretty straight-forward, but I still really liked it. Having spent most of my life living near highways and railroad tracks, there was something personally enjoyable about this. Looking forward to not having to refresh the Total Black bigcartel every day while I await for their Resurser to actually drop, hehe.

TVE MZK021 (Mazurka Editions): More incredible left-field noise from Mazurka. If you enjoy the Arv & Miljö side of the split (or L.A. County Morgue) with a little old school Eric Lunde style thrown in; this is right up your alley. Like being stuffed between the floorboards to rot. Coma setting in while plumbing and footsteps are muffled around you.

Hazard Field/Bridge (Ash Int'l): Really stellar electro-acoustic-y, field recording-y, drone-y LP "recorded in the forest of Kungs Norrby, Borensberg, Sweden." Haven't dug into the Wood CD yet, but if this LP is any indication of what's to come...I'll be in love.

Eric La Casa/Cédric PeyronnetLa Creuse (Herbal Int'l): Really intense field recording-based experimentalism from this duo. Goes through many peaks and troughs of chaos and calm. Very excited to receive the Zones Portuaires DCD soon.

HOGRA

ANAL CUNT "Picnic of Love" cd - yeah, fucking funny as hell! Don't be uptight you noise cunts....

andy vomit

Quote from: HOGRA on December 08, 2013, 04:03:06 AM
ANAL CUNT "Picnic of Love" cd - yeah, fucking funny as hell! Don't be uptight you noise cunts....

i respect your feeeeelliiiiings
i respect your genderrrrrrrrr
i respect your existennnnnnce
i'll always be tender, cause
i respect your feeelings as a womaaaaaaan
and a huuuuuuuumaaaaaaaaan
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Ink Runs Recordings

Battery Suspects ‎- Catch - Deadline Recordings - 2003
Chop Shop - Oxide - 23five - 2008
The Rita - The Rack - Handmade Birds - 2011
Creation Through Destruction / Black Leather Jesus - Split - Terror - 2012
Heel In Mouth - Boot Licking Fetish - Human Ignorance - 2012
Fresh Water Girls - Self-Titled - Girl Tapes - 2013
Hooked Talons - Tsatinne - Dead Audio Tapes - 2013
Rusalka - Blood Comes Anyway - Absurd Exposition - 2013

and the new Werewolf Jerusalem that was released on Bandcamp only yesterday:

Werewolf Jerusalem - Don't Open The Door (http://richardramirez.bandcamp.com/album/dont-open-the-door)

Levas

Scott Miller/Lee Camfield/Merzbow - No Closure - quite good. I'd say drone with some noisy stuff happening around

Troum - Syzygie - This one for me is leaning towards the better stuff of Troum.

Wicked King Wicker - Evolving - good, but not very impressive

VA - Hour of the Wolf - great compilation. Joel Danielsson's material perhaps was least enjoyable for me with Bladh's being the top point in it, but all in all - great.

Con-Dom - Live Assault 1 / Live Assault 4 - not a fan of minimalism, but this was interesting from historical point of view.

Edward Ka-Spel - Tanith and the Lion Tree - Missed all the LPD shows in Lithuania, but Edward Ka-Spel was always doing something more interesting aside too. Good disc.

Halo Manash -  Wesieni Wainajat - Finnish masters of rituals returned and I was very curious about it. The stuff is different from what I remember about HM, somewhat repetitive and hypnotic and not the same HM. Is it for better or for worse - don't know.

I.Corax ‎– Cella Phantasma - this one is very nice, primitive old-school stuff. Recorded 15 years ago or so. Great.

Arktau Aon ‎– Ikuisuus Näkyy Luiden Läpi - Also top notch material from Aural Hypnox. And the packaging of all three is great.

Con-Dom - Subjection - just finished listening to it. Well, interesting and I'm glad that industrial recollections successfully carries out the mission.

Emme Ya - Chthonic Transmission (Abysmi vel Daath) - Perhaps it's cultural things and the question of perception, but while I don't question Halo Manash and related projects' honesty and purity of idea etc., then there are projects that seem just fake. Emme Ya is ok in sound, but I cannot find sincerity in this album. Maybe it's because I'm retard.

Sorfeum - Ancient Rocks - Wow. This was a real surprise. Primitive synth ambient which for some reason works ok to me. Not pretentious, just primitive eeeeooooo etc. Good.

Sala - The Baltic Triangle - more field recordings from Sala. This time in three places besides the sea. Well, conceptual work. OK.

Carved Image Of Emptiness / Zinc Room ‎– Lie, Illusions, Mystifications / Zinc 99,99 - surprised me with how inaccurate description of it can be. But anyways enjoyable material.

The Rita - Retrospective II - Nice release. Tape 2 was my favourite. Most colorful etc. and tape 1. But this is retrospective so all kinds of Rita's stuff is included. Very nice looking box.

Saint oil Sand few latest albums. the band that we share the same "studio" . Perhaps the only SKA albums that I have are theirs. I should buy more.

Natural Assembly - Reduced to Ruin - wow. this was the pleasant discovery for me. it's synth-pop or how do you call it? But good and nice sounds.

Hakaristi

Kakerlak - Ligature Ferment: More of a "wall" sound on this outing, but contains enough variation to keep it interesting.

Macronympha - Baroque: Macro crunch + regular instruments, drums being the most obvious. Brings to mind Dorchester Library in certain parts.

Bizarre Uproar - Teurasjäte: Took a while to hunt this down but damn, it was worth the wait! Possibly my favourite era of BU; harsh junk metal worship puctuated with some tasty acoustic passages. Punishing stuff that's topped off by the usual high standard of packaging from EST.

Creamface - Cum On Clothes: Been awhile since the last CF release but Mr. Creamer returns with the expected no frills grindcore plus a few noisecore blasts thrown in for good measure. Maybe less samples than usual, but Dip for Snacks intro in particular made me smile, heh.

Baxter Stockman - EP 2: Noiserock madness. Slightly different than Punter, which is perhaps more "rock"-oriented in comparison. This is more in line with DNA or Arab on Radar with those Yow-ish vocals at the forefront. Excellent.

FreakAnimalFinland

Stahlwerk 9 "The Grey Ghost" CD
I think I have bunch of stuff from project. Including the "212" - the massive 12 x 7" wood box! But apparently this is first full length album for 5 years and I was surprisingly impressed. Kind of easiness of drenching everything into soothing reverb and mixing together drum machine beats, old vintage songs from records, gloomy machinery and pulsating rhythms...  But it works. Nothing aggressive. Nothing repulsive or violent here. Just gloomy and dark material. Goes well into same area with some Anenzephalia or Stahlnoy Pakt despite sounding quite different from those...

KAI FREIKORPS "Heil Odin" LP
One of those ultra limited bootlegs now done of Freikorps and related projects. This sounds pretty close to Freikorps itself, but little bit more metallic riffs and few acoustic pieces thrown between tracks. Kai's vocals and guitar sound remains always the same.

ANTISEEN
Bunch of 7"s again. I recall few years ago thinking I must have most of bands 7"s, until I went to see discography...  Might have said the same thing last time I went through pile of these.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net