PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr

After another shitty week at the office with more shitty pop songs pouring out constantly from the radio, there are very few things better than listening to good records at the weekend:
* Neuntöter der Plage: Metamorphosis
Liked side A a lot, can't remember much from side B
* Amph: Hudson
* Drug Age: Tropismo
* Wrong Hole: Esthetic savings
3 very good tapes from Joy de Vivre
* Dead Reptile Shrine: Praise Cemetary
Strange and good as always
* Le Syndicat: Tape 4 (Vagynaestetatis) and 5 (Staying alive) from 30 Years of Excess
Great boxset!!
* White Gimp Mask/Dead Body Collection: Split Cdr
HNW as I like it, especially DBC was good for my taste
* Womb C
Strange as one would expect from the parties involved, but interesting. Needs to be listened a few more times.
* Genocide Organ: Remember
Always a pleasure, one of the greatest live records I know...
* Grey Wolves/Wertham/Survival Instinct: Ramraiding thee abyss
Very good!
* Pogrom: Degancios Suros
That's my favourite from 2013, many different moods
* Brighter Death Now: Inner war
RIP CMI
* Puce Mary: Ultimate Hypocrisy
I like this one even more than the excellent Success LP
* V.A.: Death Odors I
Liked the first few tracks a little bit more than the last ones
* Forza Albino: Infestation
Danish supremacy, indeed. Looking forward for the new record!
* The Vomit Arsonist: An Occasion for Death
Another favourite of 2013
* Grey Wolves: Catholic Priests fuck children
An absolute classic!
* Con-Dom: Live Assault 1/Live Assault 4
Thanks a lot for reissuing this (and Subjection)

eyestrain

Roberto Crippa Reverse (We Can Elude Control): Not really going gaga over any of this minimal-techno wave. While this is rolling in that direction, the noisy, electroacoustic-y, musique concrete-y, dark ambient-y elements make the album really excellent.
Francisco Meirino Anthems For Unsuccessful Winners (Echomusic): My obsession continues. This is more of his shrill-harsh-fuckitall kinda stuff. Intense and surreal.
Ethnic Acid Power-Works 1986-88 (Industrial Recollections): Fuck yes!
Small Cruel Party Seminal Brainpain (Dom America): Much more exciting than any of those S.C.P. albums that sound like wind recordings, heh. In your face and then into outer space. Very good.

Mlehst batch. Each and every one is great!!
Dolly Catcher (Belief Recordings)
This Is Your Master Calling (Belief Recordings)
The Cook Maid With Still Life of Vegetables and Fruit (Belief Recordings)
I Am, I Was, I Always Will Be (Belief Recordings)
A Cautionary Tale (Belief Recordings)
Notes of Obscure Origin (Belief Recordings)
Vilification of the English Peasant Class (Diophantine Discs)
Error of Dispensationalist Thought (Belief Recordings)

Mikerdeath

Quote from: cr on February 09, 2014, 09:53:01 PM
After another shitty week at the office with more shitty pop songs pouring out constantly from the radio, there are very few things better than listening to good records at the weekend

Im glad I can listen to my own music at work.

Quote from: cr on February 09, 2014, 09:53:01 PM* V.A.: Death Odors ILiked the first few tracks a little bit more than the last ones

I would say this is one of the all time best noise compilations.

AMK - Play CD RRR

This is excellent, I've been listening to a lot of AMK lately and this is his first full length and it packs a punch to say the least.
I love this.

m.

some recent playlist favorites:

Mania/SSRI split tape, both deliver great tracks
Emaciator - Possessive tape
Grunt - Seer of decay cd classic
Wertham / Mutant Ape cd both great, enjoyed a lot the long and obsessive Wertham track
Family Underground - Un tratto di malinconia cd sometimes harsh, sometimes droning and psychedelic...great!

Baglady

Been listening alot to these the last two months or so.

KAKERLAK - Ligature Ferment C30 (Angoisse)
When it comes to harsh noise, I want things rather simple but massive, and this is a massive junk feast. Side A is a great junk shredder with occational electronics reaching the surface. Side B keeps the organic junk spine but gives more space to electronic screech. Alot of subtle details hidden in the rubble. Amazing tape that really grows on me. Nolan is still on top. A shame there's only 48 copies though, this deserves to be heard and praised.

VANESSA AMARA - Both Of Us C20 (Posh Isolation)
Not too impressed by the recent PI-output, but they still put out some great stuff every now and then (HSV:s I Never for example). Have no idea who this is. Beautiful stuff though. Very roomy sounding organ and piano, simple melodies and arrangements, some neat odd sounding percussion. Very soundtrack-ish.

TRERIKSRÖSET - Venal C32 (Chefsideologens Bolag)
I had given up hope of finding this tape at a decent price when a friend told me Lust Vessel suddenly had some in their distro (thanks!). Having only heard Sexregler and a few shorter pieces on compilations before, I was very excited when this came through the door. A lengthy work by Treriksröset is a rare thing.
While Sexregler is a really teasing piece, making you hold your breath for 35 minutes before finally letting go, this is a much less demanding listen. Not that it doesn't deserve ones attention though. Simple yet oh so cunning harsh noise. Side A is diverse, giving you everything from boiling low rumblings to hard hitting blasts, everything perfectly timed and paced. Side B is of a slower more dragging kind, but maybe even more enjoyable to these ears. Low slibbering bass rumblings topped with screeching frequencies tickling your brain.
Just as the Kakerlak tape, this deserves to be heard and praised alot more.

eyestrain

Quote from: Baglady on February 12, 2014, 10:46:42 AM
I had given up hope of finding this tape at a decent price when a friend told me Lust Vessel suddenly had some in their distro (thanks!). Having only heard Sexregler and a few shorter pieces on compilations before, I was very excited when this came through the door. A lengthy work by Treriksröset is a rare thing.
While Sexregler is a really teasing piece, making you hold your breath for 35 minutes before finally letting go, this is a much less demanding listen. Not that it doesn't deserve ones attention though. Simple yet oh so cunning harsh noise. Side A is diverse, giving you everything from boiling low rumblings to hard hitting blasts, everything perfectly timed and paced. Side B is of a slower more dragging kind, but maybe even more enjoyable to these ears. Low slibbering bass rumblings topped with screeching frequencies tickling your brain.

Tried to catch this when I saw it at LV, but missed the boat. You lucky dog! I'm sure it's a real scorcher. For those who haven't bought Sexregler yet, last time I checked it was available for next to nothing at Cathartic Process. Don't hesitate!

Baglady

Quote from: eyestrain on February 12, 2014, 11:28:50 AM

Tried to catch this when I saw it at LV, but missed the boat. You lucky dog! I'm sure it's a real scorcher. For those who haven't bought Sexregler yet, last time I checked it was available for next to nothing at Cathartic Process. Don't hesitate!

Yes, Sexregler is a must have. The CD is usually very cheap.
Forgot to mention that I love the Killing Sessions he did with Sewer Election. Killing For Norge and Killing For Norrland + Finland are easy and cheap to track down as well (cd-versions). Killing For Germanyis great too, but that tape is a rare one I think. Lucky to have picked mine for 5$ at a show several years ago.

SNSE

Tommy and I were just recently lamenting his decision to turn down my offer to release a vinyl edition of Venal back in 2010. Among my few regrets with the label - one that definitely got away... amazing tape!

bitewerksMTB

BRIGHTER DEATH NOW: pain in progress & the slaughterhouse cd's (these 2 are my faves), great death LP (pretty ok; 1st track s1 has a weird sound at the end that sounds more like a defect but i'm not sure...), & inner war (i don't like most of this rel. i think the mastering is too 'sharp' or something?).

tiny_tove

Corazzata Valdemone - Avanguardia Rumorista - CD Italy's most loathed  project due to the explicit artworks and extreme themes. I was not so fond of his early works, but since "Sex, Nazis, etc." split Bagman I started having a soft spot for his work. This record is definitely his best work to date. I like most tracks and once again artwork will raise more than one eyebrow. From mediterranean ballads to "played" martial music, to more atmospheric/experimental moments.
I am not too fond of synth oriented classical stuff, but it works... Every now and then makes me think about Autopsia, although my fave track is the opening Gorizia, a classic war song rendered with very melodic singing a-la Natalino Otto/Carlo Buti. Not for everyone but will definitely find myself singing this under the shower and on the way to work.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

eyestrain

Quote from: Baglady on February 12, 2014, 11:58:09 AM
Quote from: eyestrain on February 12, 2014, 11:28:50 AM

Yes, Sexregler is a must have. The CD is usually very cheap.
Forgot to mention that I love the Killing Sessions he did with Sewer Election. Killing For Norge and Killing For Norrland + Finland are easy and cheap to track down as well (cd-versions). Killing For Germanyis great too, but that tape is a rare one I think. Lucky to have picked mine for 5$ at a show several years ago.

The Killing Sessions are indeed fantastic! Everyone that loves harsh noise should hear these releases.

Quote from: SNSE on February 12, 2014, 03:33:12 PM
Tommy and I were just recently lamenting his decision to turn down my offer to release a vinyl edition of Venal back in 2010. Among my few regrets with the label - one that definitely got away... amazing tape!

Damn! I'm lamenting now too! SNSE always rocked the hits.

acsenger

Organum/David JackmanPenguins Eat Fish/Little Dark Wing (7", Robot Records, 2005)

A fantastic release. The Organum side consists of high pitched background noise, military drums, trumpets and piano, making up a rhythmic, very dynamic and atmospheric piece. The David Jackman side is sparse piano playing (no melody though) and some bird chirping at the end. All in all, a captivating release, with just the right length.

David JackmanFlak (10", Die Stadt, 2003)

Side A is like early Organum: metal scraping that makes for noisy ambient. Side B might be a recording of the wind with airplane sounds mixed in a couple times. A good release although the above mentioned Organum/Jackman 7" is better. I'd love to hear the releases that apparently only consist of machine gun sounds.

Shift/Hal HutchinsonFull Weight of the Opposition (10", Unsound Recordings, 2013)

A great collaboration with plenty of metal bashing and steady feedback plus shouting. Side B's second track has a nice rhythm too. Can't write much more other than it's a highly recommended record.

Fumio KosakaiEarth Calling (LP, Memoirs of a Crater Lake, 2013)

Recordings from 1985-87 that are a far cry from Incapacitants or Hijokaidan. Side A is spacey, psychedelic lo-fi electronic music. It was inspired by Hawkwind according to the liner notes and if I remember Hawkwind's Space Ritual right, it does sound somewhat similar to the analogue synth parts between/underneath the Hawkwind songs. Side B is a live recording that pays tribute to Terry Riley and that's probably the best comparison. It's quite hypnotic but sadly the underlying constant tone drowns out the changing patterns on top of it. All in all, a nice release; I'm looking forward to the re-release of Kosakai's second tape.

F_c_O

U.N.D - Never Mind The Music...Here's Unseen Noise Death

Excellent material. On both sides there are one longer track after which there are short tracks with gaps of silence. The longer tracks are truly phenomenal material while the short ones don't work that well. At some place they even sound like it's one bigger piece with just silence added between some parts. Loud and distorted analogue sound.

Bizarre Uproar/U.N.D/Arse

Early Bizarre Uproar, from '92 I believe? The tape was released in '93 but the track title is given 11-92 and I guess that refers to month and year. Noisecore with extremely muddy sound, only getting clearer on really few, rare parts. Generally though, its really hard to make out whats really going on expect that the song cuts out for a short time and next one starts. U.N.D gives some low, distored rumble on a side, reminding me of some electrical malfunction. On B side it's more chaotic and noisy with mid and high end involved. Both good although I prefer the material on 'Never mind. . .' tape. Arse is noisecore with quite clean production. It is easy to hear what is going on and the sound is generally clean. Chaotic.

Treriksröset/Blud Thirst

No labels indicating which is which. One side sounds like Sexregler but more dynamic and fast. Essential. Blud Thirst is good noise until it cuts somewhere after half-way into strange backwards sound (you know when you record your voice and play it backwards. That kind of sound) and some rock? playing on background in really low volume. It's okay.

Con-Dom -  Live Assault 1 / Live Assault 4 lp

I have no idea which show I am listening to because there is no indication which is which on either the center labels or the matrix of the vinyl. Bullshit. Other than that, the packagin is of high quality. This might be the most primitive con-dom I have heard. Most of the time there is high pitched feedback going on with Mike shouting. Sometimes theres more involved material but there doesnt tend to be vocals on those parts. Gives me a feeling that during these first shows he didnt using backing tapes or other material, instead relying doing everything live and every time he lifted his hands off the gear, the sound would be just feedback. I enjoy this and recommend to fans of con-dom, especially those who like the other live tapes.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: F_c_O on February 13, 2014, 07:45:20 PM
Con-Dom -  Live Assault 1 / Live Assault 4 lp

I have no idea which show I am listening to because there is no indication which is which on either the center labels or the matrix of the vinyl. Bullshit.

Matrix numbers indicates it pretty clearly. Smaller number is A, bigger number obviously B.
Soundwise - a-side is more rugged (room recording?), b-side is more in-your-face (I assume mixer recording?)
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Noiseape

-HASTUR: secta hereje LP (early Peruvian black metal dementia, like Sockeye but metal, really retarded and awesome!!)
-CSMD / FUNERARY BOX: split EP TEST PRESS (Hail Gappa!! demented sci fi noisecore with a lot of movie/tv tune covers vs evil blackmetal of deth!!)
-HADES MINING CO. / WATER TORTURE: split EP (filthy noiscore scum vs brutalcore powerviolence assault!)
-MASACRE: reqieum LP (Colombian metal classic!)
-BLOOD: o agios pethane LP (German death/grind legends second album finaly on vinyl, inc. nice booklet!!)
-NECHBEYETH: blood axis damnation LP (nasty, filthy, violent, evil shit)