PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

Most of that comp. - the actual music tracks, anyway - have been available for a while from Susan Lawley. Be interesting to see how long Bennett lets this one go - Archive.org is a pretty big site, it wouldn't be hard for him to find that page.
Shikata ga nai.

jadderly

Atrax Morgue: paranoia
Etat Brut: mutations et protheses
Smell & Quim: jissom killers
Einleitungszeit: r-mensch
Test Dept.: unacceptable face of freedom

SNR

Prurient - 'The Golden Chamber'

Used to listen it a bad quality tape rip for ages, then purchased the lossless FLAC files - price of these Prurient tapes are kinda weird, but I think everybody knows this. Looped classical samples, synths, sometimes a distant metallic sound... 'Dying From The Wound' could be one of the best tracks, what Dominick ever made.

Slogun - 'Visit Revisit'

Never heard a bad Slogun record, and this one is not exception. Vocal production is very great on this one, sharp, in-your-face, loud and clear... noise part is also good, but I more prefer the 'Kill To Forget' era wall of noise rumble. Overrally, good stuff. The collection of short BizCDr tracks on the second CD are also sounds fine.

Vomir - 'Proanomie'

I mostly set this on repeat function, and listen it for near a whole day. Great detail, well balanced texture - right amount of bass, middle, and treble in this track... but this goes for most of the Vomir works.

ANDROPHILIA

Reverend Kriss Hades "the wind of orion"

solo album from the guitarist of australian band Sadistik Exekution
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

online prowler

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on March 08, 2014, 01:48:09 AM
Most of that comp. - the actual music tracks, anyway - have been available for a while from Susan Lawley. Be interesting to see how long Bennett lets this one go - Archive.org is a pretty big site, it wouldn't be hard for him to find that page.

Ah, thanx Andrew! Though one of the strengths of this release I think it is the combination of the trax. Not sure he will do anything, who knows? Time will tell. Understand both points re post online publication. But why not do a reissue and not vault all this material if copyright and economy are grounds for keeping it out of the public's eye?  

Cheers!

Andrew McIntosh

The bulk of that comp. has been re-issued on the first two "Anthologies" that Susan Lawley put out. I haven't been keeping up (I assumed a third was going to happen?) but it's an obvious case of drip-feeding tracks scattered over different albums to get more money. Even though, for example, a straight up vynal re-release of "Fur Ilse Koch" would probably sell well, Bennett is chasing wider audiences these days.

It's interesting, though - there's a hell of a lot of Cut Hands and other related material on YouTube. To shut all that down would take him all his time. At some stage, he's going to have to admit defeat in the uploading war.
Shikata ga nai.

online prowler

Haven't been keeping dibs on SL off late either. Wasn't aware of the reissues. Though spread around as described isn't anything for me. Hope for a new date. Probably we have to waaait a long time for that... if ever. He is chasing CH these days as you say. I presume most if his time and resources are going into that project. I can understand that artistically.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on March 09, 2014, 02:10:14 AM
It's interesting, though - there's a hell of a lot of Cut Hands and other related material on YouTube. To shut all that down would take him all his time. At some stage, he's going to have to admit defeat in the uploading war.
Or maybe he's wisened up and come to the conclusion, that in 2014, youtube/live recordings/etc are good for him in the long run.  It's good publicity.  It's good exposure.  It's a positive move in relations with the audience.  That shouldn't be confused with Phil Easter's feelings that bigger is better and the seeking of popular exposure.  That real-time, show-to-show, work-by-the-fans stuff has positive results that he couldn't otherwise achieve by himself or with just a label behind him.  I don't like when corps use fans to do the work for them, but on a grassroots level, it's smart on most levels.  These public recordings on public channels are sharp tools for an artist.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Noiseape

-DECHE CHARGE / SETE STAR SEPT: split EP (noisecore is my master) *
-INNUMERABLE FORMS / BLESSED OFFAL: split LP (solid slap of metal death!)
-ARCHAGATHUS / NAKAY: split 10" (grindcore aint dead yet!)
-CRUMBSUCKERS: turn back time: the early years 1983-1985 2xLP + CD (great idea from FOAD to release those demo's)
-IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE: revolutionary vol.2 2xLP (the truth and nothing but the truth)
-AUSCHWITZ SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA: sonderbehandlung TAPE (holy shit batman! awesome!!)
-THE HILLS HAVE EYES (Don Peake): soundtrack LP
-SEDEM SUPRAPHON MINUT FAMILY STRACHU: hluk off 10" (noise + noisecore mix massacre!!) *
-YELLOWMAN: duppy or gunman LP (beer & bong classic!)
-BASTARD NOISE+WITCHES OF MALIBU: abomination EP
-EXIT HIPPIES / LOTUS FUCKER: split LP (Love Exit Hippies!! crazy noise crust acid techno) *

*=got copies in the distro

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Zeno Marx on March 09, 2014, 04:46:27 AMOr maybe he's wisened up and come to the conclusion, that in 2014, youtube/live recordings/etc are good for him in the long run.

Valid point. It can't be too easy for a lot of "old school" audio artists to get their heads around such changes, especially so quickly, but if the advantages become obvious to him, you could well be right. There's a difference between downloading actual audio and having basically free advertising done for you.
Shikata ga nai.

online prowler

basically free advertising done for you.
[/quote]

Valid points re net presence ZM and Andrew. Something to keep in the mind.

eyestrain

V/A Ten-Jin (Urashima): It's retard how awesome this comp is. R-E-P-E-A-T.
Howard Stelzer/Frans de Waard Pink Pearl (Bocian): Moody, dim, excellent. Perfect for today's 30-mile on-road, hilly-as-fuck bike ride. Got me in the zone.
Coil Scatology (Force & Form/K.422): Always put Horse Rotorvator over this one, but I've been jumping the fence lately. Damn good album.
Bastard Noise Our Earth's Blood IV (Cathartic Process): Found this behind the shelf today; forgot how great this was/is. Don't really need much else from BN, when I have this.

ANDROPHILIA

Bizarre Uproar ‎– Putrid Live Activities 2011-2012

very pleasurable retrospective
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)