PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadderly

Quote from: HOGRA on March 19, 2014, 10:49:01 PM
THROBBING GRISTLE "1st Annual Report" LP  (bootleg of a "lost" album recorded back in 1975/76)

I actually like this better than some of TG's official albums, including the 2nd Annual Report. There is also the "Final Muzak" CD which is the same recordings and the version I currently have...Get Back Records out of Italy did a vinyl version several years back that I used to have as well.

burdizzo

Yes, I agree w/ that. Loved the tracks 'Final Muzak' and 'Very Friendly'.

Baglady

Quote from: eyestrain on March 19, 2014, 11:30:11 PM
Spoils & Relics - Angels Trumpet Over Moonbeams (Chocolate Monk): Had to check them out after the perplexing interview in Fördämning #4. Hard to pin down... it isn't concrète muzak, yet it is. A journey through many, many rooms of unique and puzzling sounds; birds, insects, the human voice, accelerated loops. Very challenging, but rewarding.

If you liked it the LP on Harbringer is a must have. Would have been on my best-of-2013-list had I discovered it sooner. Great album!

mdtdeath

deceiver / clavicula salomonis - "split" Factotum Tapes (tape)
water torture - "the developer remixes" Factotum Tapes (tape)
the ames room - "full illionois jacquet" Factotum Tapes (tape)

mdtdeath

Yen Towers - "Safety" Posh Isolation (tape)

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 19, 2014, 09:16:22 AM
V/A NORDÖSTRA MALMÖ tape
Elbogen Fonogram
Perhaps c-30 ? Anyways, swedish projects including AMPH, ARKHE, MIRRORS ARE BLACK and such. AMPH is the best one of the comp, but overall very enjoyable tape!

Listened to that tape a lot when it came out, often back to back with V/A - Port Out, Starboard Home. very complimentary vibes imo

Croatian Amor - Genitalia Garden CDr - in a weird way it reminds me of Burning Star Core & Prurient's - Ghost of Niagra box set. Each track is it's own little vignette, but they all come together as whole based around a loose concept. Good stuff!
Lust For Youth ‎– 日本コレクション  CDr - a bit of a strange release. two short instrumental tracks in the regular LFY style. But the middle track is 14 minutes+, very well produced sounding almost like slow minimal techno for the first 8 minutes and then giving way to sample heavy sound collage. kinda weird on the first listen but it's growing on me. interested to see if this is a future direction for LFY.
White - Tears of Piss cassette - sleaze city
LR - Exile LP - easy listening industrial

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Human Larvae

Grunt Archive Box Got it this week and it's like....yeeeeeeah!

Sutcliffe Jugend - Blue Rabbit Despite what they may be know for, this a fuckin awesome record. Love the texture

Brainbombs - ALL Come across them last year, was a bit irritated at first, but at the moment I'm hooked!

bitewerksMTB

TEITANBLOOD death 2LP

FUNEREAL PRESENCE the archer takes aim LP

listening to Irkallian Oracle's "Grave Ekstasis"  on NWN's bandcamp now. I may have to order this soon...

Human Larvae

saw Irkallian Oracle last summer, REALLY good. Thought they were even better than Portal

online prowler

Currently running forthcoming Bizarre Uproar album "Vihameditaatio".

Baglady

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 20, 2014, 08:23:33 PM
TEITANBLOOD death 2LP

How's that one compared to the previous stuff? Haven't bought it yet. Heard a track on youtube, and it sounded promising.
Listened to the old demo tape for the first time in years recently. Quite a difference compared to how they sound now, hah!

SEWER ELECTION & TRERIKSRÖSET - Killing For Germany CS (Chefsideologens Bolag)
When I have a headache yet still feel like blasting some harsh noise, this is my go-to-tape. Brilliant stuff. Along with Killing For Finland, this is my favorite of the Killing Sessions. A heavy muddy wall sound (hence the soothing effect on headaches), with some higher screech crawling out of the boiling soup now and then. Fine fine stuff...

HÄNDER SOM VÅRDAR - I Never C30 (dubbed boot from the HSV man)
Nice to see how this project has evolved. The recipe is still simple, but the outcome is refined. Tapeloops, some trumpet (?) snippet, a little of this a little of that. The ingredients doesn't really matter. The recording is permeated by this constant feeling of worry. Subtle careful music that speaks volumes.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Baglady on March 21, 2014, 08:10:41 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 20, 2014, 08:23:33 PM
TEITANBLOOD death 2LP
How's that one compared to the previous stuff? Haven't bought it yet. Heard a track on youtube, and it sounded promising.
Listened to the old demo tape for the first time in years recently. Quite a difference compared to how they sound now, hah!
I received my copy today and I'd say it's better than 7C. Not as straight forward and monotonous. Recommended!

Baglady

SKIN AREA & JARL - La Petite Mort LP (Malignant)
Eerie recording. Calmer and more careful than Rothko Field, yet still very much in the same vein sound wise. Lyrics deal with masturbation and annihilation. 14(!) beautiful inserts. Brilliant.
I've heard people saying Skin Area and IRM being just to different names for the same thing, but I disagree. Sure, thy are both windows into Martin Bladh, but that's where the likeness ends. They both stray further away from each other with each release I think, musically and lyrically.

jadderly

Thanks for the comments on that album. I'm quite an IRM fan, have pretty much everything they've done and think they keep getting better in a way. Been a few years since the last album. Was wondering about that LP.

Baglady

Quote from: jadderly on March 22, 2014, 11:34:45 PM
Thanks for the comments on that album. I'm quite an IRM fan, have pretty much everything they've done and think they keep getting better in a way. Been a few years since the last album. Was wondering about that LP.

Well, I did't expect this one to be so good. Looking through and reading Bladhs and Urbaniaks book To Putrefaction while listening added alot to the vibe. I'm looking forward to the next IRM album, Closure, which is sceduled for release this year.