PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEHPF

Coma Detox ‎– Reduced To An Invalid tape
Heavy electronics with macho shouting. Some loops, metal banging, feedback. Simple and effective compositions. Unavoidable to compare with Mania. Is the project still active?

Albert Fish Is My Hero ‎– Aileen tape
Short tracks of noisy and very rudimental power electronics. Comes out a little bit cheesy due to the name, but I have a soft spot for the artist for that reason also. Also there is never too much serial killer themed PE!

YAO 91404 D ‎– Vihtula tape
Hard to say if this is very muffled shortwave radio recordings or a field recording of lake and a platform. Lofi even for their standards. Would have worked better as a c10 or something, it's too damn long to keep the monotonic sound interesting.

ConcreteMascara

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - A Clockwork Sodom / Tentacles of Destruction 7" - some of the best artwork adorning an ANb release, but not the best music. Guitars are too thin for my liking.

Discordance Axis / Plutocracy - Split EP 7" - my favorite DA material, specifically "Eye Gag". Plutocracy's side is quality batshit insane grindcore. mm mm good.

Full of Hell - Roots of Earth Are Consuming My Home LP, Rudiments of Mutilation LP - I guess I'm late to this party but enjoying it all the same. A great mix of hardcore, harsh noise and sludge. Makes me think of the Endless Blockade and Trap Them, but even heavier and more spastic. Excited to see them live next week.

Blue Holocaust / Embryonic Cryptopathia 7" - fucking depraved goregrind. music to fuck to.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

andy vomit

KRISTOFFER NYSTROMS ORKESTER - Overlook Hotel
MUTANT APE / WERTHAM - Split CD
GODFLESH - Streetcleaner (2CD reissue)
CLINT MANSELL - In the Wall OST
THOSE POOR BASTARDS - Satan is Watching
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

online prowler

Crown of Cerberus

"Her everlasting strength".

"Her everlasting strength" is the final part of a triptych release, also consisting of albums "Strength" (2011) and "Her Strength" (2012). Release date/Terror label: January 2014.

Layered and processed tape loop compositions in the tradition of appropriated musical works/collage music. Raw material's instrumentation consists of vocals, synths, strings, horn instruments, plus. Imagine layered and pitched down Enya vocals (with Persian lyrics) played in reverse with equally processed classical music and synthesizer/new age regression tapes. Slow and precise movement and progression. Sacral audial mental washes. Layers change in gliding calm, letting the listener drift with the audial tide. Pristine breathing melancholic recordings. In its totality: An inmost affectionate cultivation of sadness and beauty.

Excellent musical production. Overall impression of release is consistent and thought out - from artist/album concept to execution of product. Excellent artwork as well.

octis

Quote from: NEHPF on April 23, 2014, 05:19:39 PM
Albert Fish Is My Hero ‎– Aileen tape
Short tracks of noisy and very rudimental power electronics. Comes out a little bit cheesy due to the name, but I have a soft spot for the artist for that reason also. Also there is never too much serial killer themed PE!

love this dude ! nice selection . i also got that music through this bastard .
just saw this vid like a ten thousand times , and gladly - had the experience to see these dudes in action for once . Beef Curtain Pow -  a live collab (the first and last) between Jizzbox - a noise rock act from Israel that kept itself alive for a short period of time , and the guy from Pica/Cain (Lior Ashkenazy) . Everytime i see it (aside of the dismal / cathartic feelings) it feels me with filth , greed , and disgust out of the most beautiful core.

FreakAnimalFinland

BURIAL HEX "Wall Of Zombies" tape
Triangle
Another very early BH tape. 2007, possibly one of the 3 or 4 first releases, but hard to say exact order. Best moments are the primitive postmortem wibes, but style is still putting kind of loosely fitting tracks together and not so much album feel here. Roughness isn't on same level as Gripster Killer tape, but compositionally better. Still one could say he has improved from these early days.

WAPSTAN "Of Zero And The Void" tape
rundownsun
C-30 on very nice electronic drone what once in a while grows to level of noise. It's slowly progressing, multi layered and has constant small modulation of sounds, which makes it good to listen to. Spray painted tapes, what look ok, nice cover design too. Wapstan has dozens and dozens of CDR releases, some tapes. This is from 2006, but even recently there are lots of new releases. Rundownsun appears that it only existed from 2006 to 2008, but managed to make shitloads of tapes and couple vinyl records during those couple years.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

SHIFT / ROMANCE "Gateshead Sessions" tape
Unrest
2007 released tape of 60 copies might be one of less powerful Shift releases. Its not really that weak, but perhaps usage of some pop tunes and fact that Shift has improved into such strength later on, makes this side less interesting. Still many sound elements are what are known from his other releases too.  What makes tape still utterly valid now, is extreme harsh noise assault of ROMANCE, who might actually be strongest pure "mid 90's japanoise style" harsh noise artists from UK, who never gained that much acknowledgement - perhaps simply because his discography 2004-2009 consists extremely small edition releases, mostly live. Scattered around different labels. Utmost precision in cutting, always wild and fast moving - into right directions. Short gloomy moments of looped orchestral pieces and crispy reverb melting abrupt cuts together. Pain Jerk, Kazumoto Endo etc. If that's your thing, then Romance is your thing. Too bad he didn't make at least one proper "studio" album... Also his live sets killed. Luckily saw couple of those.

And talking of great UK bands that seem to go slightly unnoticed...
Mlehst "Automatic Nonsense" tape
SPITE 06
Discogs says this would be Spite 05, but I trust cover of tape is correct. Two small cards in plastic sleeve and tape between them. Great mix of experimental tape music and noise. I guess its utterly false to say "unnoticed", when Mlehst has so many LP's done and huge discography, but still, when you look at the discography, it costs A LOT of tiny edition releases. Lathe cut records, CDR's, tapes and even vinyl LP's appear often to be like ltd 100? Stuff he is something one could say noise version of electro-acoustic/musique concrete. Perhaps a bit like P16.D4. It has utmost talent, like the best of academic works, but it has neat noisy edge to it. Some tape loops, but more often just collaged and manipulated sounds, noises, etc. The absolute best thing is of course that material is from 1997, and cutting and sound quality doesn't give impressions of computer work. Methods that have been available at this time, are much more difficult, but also result is phenomenal. Too bad that "history of Mlehst" series was also issued just as slimline dvd box packaged CDR's. Those are cheap to get, though. So anyone who's not into hunting old tapes, check out Self Abuse. Perhaps would be also good time to grab those more recent LP releases now when they're still easily available.

FreakAnimalFinland

WEREWOLF JERUSALEM / BLACK LEATHER JESUS "Rooms" split tape
Nihilist
Ltd 36 copies tape from 2006. WJ here seems to be little more aggressive and decent noise. Nothing new, maybe not even best, but certainly not the worst WJ. BLJ in other hand - not being bad either, but just yesterday listening that SHIT ORGAN tape from 1994 and one could ask what happened? While BLJ keeps putting out some decent noise releases, back in mid 90's, almost any release was gold. Not just ok noise blast filling side of tape. There something so different in general sound & atmosphere. I ain't saying one should stick to one type of sound. No. I just say that it would be good to stick on good sound instead of progressing into worse.

PRURIENT "African Division" tape
Hospital productions
Short tape, where track appears like session that's split in middle. First side works well in muddy and rough PE/noise, where side ends into tortured scream buried under the mass of sound. B-side appears like it continues same sessions, bounding lo-fi noise thuds with heavy saturated sound. But track just starts and ends with very random manner. Like "this is correct length - snip!" and compositionally it feels like half assed solution. Even when listening few time, impression remains the same. Nice packaging through! Involved xerox stapled as envelope and doodles in front, but somehow I like it.

nowirehangers

Hatchers-ST
Sickness Of Snakes-Nightmare Culture
Monte Cazzaza-The Cynic

urall

Blodvite - Tänkta Dialoger cs
As always excellent tape loops, with a dark and somewhat unsettling feel. The only complaint i have with Blodvite tapes is that they're always too short.

Broken Lights - s/t cs
Not as great as later work imo, but still highly enjoyable

V/A venice of the north cs
I don't think i don't like any track on this one, all good to great. Too bad there's a Vit Fana track on this which is also featured on the Sluttstationen comp.

hkso

Urall: I think you probably haven't listened properly to the tapes... all tracks on Slutstationen are exclusive. Vit Fana tracks on Venice... has vocals on them, while the one on Slutstationen is instrumental.

Zeno Marx

SHAMS - Dervish Music V1 1988 - good Sunday morning/newspaper reading sounds.
Phil Lesh & Friends - 2014-04-02 Port Chester soundboard
Muslimgauze - Vote Hezbollah 1993 - has the darker ambiance I like from him, but I wish it was a bit more aggressive with percussion.
Muslimgauze - Deceiver 1996
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

deathcamp

PUCE MARY "The Viewer" tape
(Ascetic House, 2014)
Really great power electronic noise. Sadly my copy isn't well dubbed, high noise (the bad one) and only left mono sound on b-side.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: urall on April 25, 2014, 01:59:13 PM
As always excellent tape loops, with a dark and somewhat unsettling feel. The only complaint i have with Blodvite tapes is that they're always too short.
Is this still available somewhere? NEED!

online prowler

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on April 26, 2014, 01:26:04 AM
Quote from: urall on April 25, 2014, 01:59:13 PM
Is this still available somewhere? NEED!

Limited edition. Think only 55 copies. Tried to get it for the distro, but not avail at that moment for wholesale.